collapse-peacocks

Author Topic: My Story Thread 24 - The More things change, the more they stay the same  (Read 985 times)

Online UrsaMajorTopic starter

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
My Story Re: Thread 24 - The More things change, the more they stay the same
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 07:07:33 AM »
UM,

That was a nice Christmas, although I am astounded at the amount of food you cooked and delivered over the three days :o

Glad that you had a W sighting :) I think I did too, a little skeptical, though :P

Hi Mitz,

You're telling me!

24th Rabbit Stroganoff/Bread Dumplings/Red Cabbage with Apples/Green Bean Cassarole
25th - Raclette - various meats, boiled potatoes, some vegetables, with cheese melted over the top... It is originally Swiss I believe or French but really good
26th - 2 pans of Chicken Enchiladas and 1 of Jalepeño Cornbread....
And on the fourth day, the bear rested and ate left overs! :D

I'm still not sure if that was a drive-by sighting or not... Only time will tell....

UM, well, whoever it was that showed up for that one day, I am glad it was pleasant.  Whoever it was probably surprised herself by drinking wine and Bailey's. 

Never, she actually had a glass of wine the 2nd day too....  :o  OK, half wine and half water but still....

Oh yeah, and what was the wine and Bailey's all about??

Maybe she has a twin who drinks.   ;D  A nice twin.

<SNORT!>  Yeah, the NON-MLC twin and not the Bug in the Edgar Suit...

When we first met, we went out almost every night as a team to dinner since we were all from somewhere else... One night, at a Thai restaurant, she had a glass of red wine too... During the course of the evening, we all got into a discussion about something and there was a great deal of animated conversation which resulted in her sending the wine glass, half-full ALL over the table, breaking the glass and spilling red wine all over the white linen tablecloth.... That became henceforth known as "The night of the Red Wine Incident." Last night, the glass remaned whole and the wine inside....
Me - 54
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 10
D - 7
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
No legal action to date

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline stillbaffled

Re: Thread 24 - The More things change, the more they stay the same
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »

24th Rabbit Stroganoff/Bread Dumplings/Red Cabbage with Apples/Green Bean Cassarole
25th - Raclette - various meats, boiled potatoes, some vegetables, with cheese melted over the top... It is originally Swiss I believe or French but really good
26th - 2 pans of Chicken Enchiladas and 1 of Jalepeño Cornbread....
And on the fourth day, the bear rested and ate left overs! :D

Wow - you are a Bobby Flay in the making! 

I had to look up the Raclette dish.  It sounded good until I got to the part about putting a cup of cornichon pickles in it!   ???   Haven't seen any of those around these parts! 

I am another one of those celebrating the second Christmas and with much less enthusiasm than the first.  Maybe we can make a comeback in 2018.  But whatever ambivalence we had about it, I'm guessing most of us "cowboyed up" and did the best we could.  Yours sounds like it was nice, UM. 

Enjoy a couple days of quiet and rest. 
After all, tomorrow is another day.

Offline Watcher

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
Hi UrsaMajor,

Christmas #1 we celebrated at home as a family. She invited me over at 4am. Christmas #2 W left the boys alone and went to NY with MIL. Christmas #3 I am now home. We celebrated very briefly with the boys and then she took the boys to spend the day in NY.

So this year was blended. We had our traditional family morning then she had her mlc traditional outing which included the boy's and a plus in my book btw.

I haven't been a fan of either 3. I just did what I had to do.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:53:51 AM by Watcher »

Online Treasur

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
Raclette is lovely, real comfort food...let's all go to UM's house next Christmas!
BD - Oct 15, mostly silent vanishing husband, diagnosed with severe depression in Dec 15 & seeing psychiatrist/on ADs since then
OW since Apr 16, maybe earlier?
H filed Jan 17.
80/20 strategy for me in 2018

"her soul is fierce, her heart is brave, her mind is strong." R.H Sin
Grace is...Elegance, good will, unearned blessings, a prayer of thanks and how to address a duchess.
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Thunder

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 10:45:14 AM »
I'm in.  I'll start saving up for the plane fare.   ;D
With her permission, a quote from a recovered MLCer: 
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

Offline Silver

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
Attaching Papa Bear
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new. That's what faith can do." Kutless

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »
Raclette is lovely, real comfort food...let's all go to UM's house next Christmas!
I'm in.  I'll start saving up for the plane fare.   ;D

Game ON! Just make sure you're early enough that a few of the Christmas Markets are still open (the majority close on the 22nd or 23rd) so you can sample the hot mulled wine too!
Me - 54
MLC - 47
S - 10
D - 7
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
No legal action to date

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline karmirtsaghik

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »
Merry Christmas Ursa,

This is my 3-rd Christmas post BD and by far the best of the three. My MLCH is always in exceptionally foul mood during the holiday season, and I am to blame for that, of course. But this year he has been on his good behavior, approaching the old self, pre BD. I also cooked 4 course meal, baked and decorated with kids 4 types of cookies, prepared kids and presents, cleaned the house, and gave away leftovers to MLCH.  (never mind that my Christmas is January 6). He thanked me, brought a nice present for me. Made kids decorate the wrapping of my present with their own pictures. I also bought him presents, since my D conveyed to me what she wanted to give him. He was appreciative, and kind.
Before Christmas, I was playing different scenarios in my head, based on various degrees of Monster that I might need to face (something akin to FEMA's disaster preparedness plan). But I am happy to report that these scenarios were not necessary this year. The Monster failed to show up.

Have a good rest of the year and Happy New Year to you. Hopefully this coming year will be much easier and happier for all of us.

Offline bookwrmmom

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »
Chicken Enchiladas and Jalepeno cornbread  ;D The bear took some good old American food to your friends for dinner!
UM your patience and genuine attempts at including the MLCer in family events, holidays, and activities is pretty awesome. I am not sure how you have managed so well, and not lost your $hit with her.......on more then one occasion. Your children will definitely benefit from having a daddy that made so much effort to make MLC as normal as possible.  You are one heck of a bear my friend......who also can cook, clean, care for the cubs, work hard, and stay sane.
M-44 at BD (now 47)
H-47 at BD (now 49)
Tog-16 1/2 yrs
M-16yrs
Kids- S23, S24, D18 at BD
BD-2/15/2014
Left-2/17/2014
OW1-fantasy ended in less then a year
OW2- briefly dated-she said he was not a happy enough person
OW3-post divorce so not really OW, he is a free agent now
Divorce-10/5/2015
Giving up does not always mean that you are weak; sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 01:31:29 AM »
Chicken Enchiladas and Jalepeno cornbread  ;D The bear took some good old American food to your friends for dinner!
UM your patience and genuine attempts at including the MLCer in family events, holidays, and activities is pretty awesome. I am not sure how you have managed so well, and not lost your $hit with her.......on more then one occasion. Your children will definitely benefit from having a daddy that made so much effort to make MLC as normal as possible.  You are one heck of a bear my friend......who also can cook, clean, care for the cubs, work hard, and stay sane.

ROFL - Sometimes I am also not quite sure how I have managed to not go into full-on

mode once in a while but I figure that it isn't worth the time or effort... I could also go pound my head against the wall... It DOES come out in my dreams sometimes though... especially when I catch a drive-by glimpse of the human formerly knows as W...

As for the rest 4 out of 5 isn't bad... It is that last one(staying sane)  that I am not quite so sure of...

Speaking of sane... or not....

I was confronted with another reminder that Mid-Lifer is still WAY off deep into the tunnel this week....

W was always "ïmage-conscious" in terms of not wanting to be judged as a female and to do that, she was able to pull of dressing in a way that was attractive and dare I say sexy but in an EXTREMELY elegant "Channeling Audrey Hepburn" sort of way....

Her latest WhatsApp profile pic is.... well.... seriously WTF....

A duckface $l*tpuppy wannabe teenager pose... Complete with glittery short dress, heels, cocked hip, and all...

So much for not being judged on looks...

Me - 54
MLC - 47
S - 10
D - 7
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
No legal action to date

Site Map

Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.
Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.
This disclaimer is also included in the Forum's Registration Agreement.