Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info How Do I get People to Post on my Thread?

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info How Do I get People to Post on my Thread?
OP: July 25, 2011, 08:55:07 AM
Help! People Aren't Posting on My Thread!
I think Old Pilot had an excellent post about this.
To get more replies my suggestion is to ask questions.
Put you post down in a readable fashion. (not one big block of type- ie hit carriage return frequently).
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Post on other peoples threads and give them support.
You may not think you are qualified but you will be surprised that you may know something
or have some knowledge of something that others know nothing about.
Personally thank each poster that does post on your thread or ask them a follow up question. 

Sorry that this month the forum has been a little disjointed but I
think that it will start to get back to normal and we will see our traffic increase again.

Keep posting!
I think the most important thing to do to get responses is to post. Sure, post to others, but post on your thread too. That may seem obvious. But if a day or two has gone by without you posting on your thread, it may not get responses if it has fallen down in the cue. So many other threads are above it that people may simply not notice it or go looking. So say something on it just to get it ahead in the cue. Just post about your evening even if nothing seemed to happen or change; it is checking in with your community so we know you are still here.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:48:09 PM by Rollercoasterider »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.