Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Adopting a New Life IV

My Story Rebuilding Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#40: April 28, 2017, 08:10:24 PM
Congratulations on the new baby! Hopefully he will be in your arms soon. I am excited to hear about the book. I don't know how these things work, but is kindle an option? I read most of my books on kindle now.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#41: May 02, 2017, 11:29:27 PM
Quickly because I need to get to sleep.
Leaving tomorrow morning for the hospital to bring Baby Boy home. He's doing well, but is just under 5lbs, so pretty little.
Rental home sale finally closed today--after filing a few extensions when it did not close on time.
Property offer accepted and should close within a few days.
Sapphire, our most beautiful German Shepherd is no longer hurting and can run and jump with all her friends in heaven--we took her in yesterday. :-[
A lot for a span of a few days.

I have blocked off this month on my coaching schedule, but have not yet put up the explanation, as that will take a little longer since I have to change that in a different place.

• Mentor
#42: May 03, 2017, 04:49:54 AM
RCR,

I'm so sorry about your dog.  I know how that hurts, but its easier when they are in pain.  You did the loving thing.

The rest of your update is WONDERFUL!

My 3rd baby only weighed 4 lbs 11oz.  I was almost afraid to change his diaper for fear of breaking him. 
They usually gain weight pretty fast.

Congratulations on the baby and the house!!  Good stuff.   :)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#43: June 28, 2017, 08:40:31 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!

BABY GIRL--13.5 Months (new baby's sister) is now legally free as of today and we can begin adoption process for her. Because of the case history, the process for new baby--Little Man--will be put on a super fast track: our case worker said they can file for termination of parental rights after 90 days rather than waiting a year. Now that is not 90 days from birth, but 90 days from when dependency began. Yes, he was taken into care at birth, but there is a period called Shelter Care before official dependency. In his case dependency started around June 8th and he was born on 26 April.

Little Man is doing relatively well. I say relatively because he has started to have some tummy upset issues the last few weeks and the on-call physician said it sounds like the first signs of reflux. I hope not!!! That is what one of our other boys had and it was bad--he developed torticollis which is a condition where the neck muscles contract and causes the head to twist--he liked to tilt his head so it was almost at a right angle which was pretty freaky. He was in therapy for a year and his therapist said he was the worst case she's ever seen; though he's fine now...whew. But Little Man has been having trouble after eating with his burps and he's been spitting up a lot, where before he hardly ever spit-up and now his spit-ups are big clean-ups for clothing carpeting and furniture. There was also an incident at a party a few weeks ago which involved a projectile BM to my face...yes you probably read that right--his poop went flying and landed on my face and we were at a party. I laughed; so I know it must be love. But there have been a few nights where he has kept me up and the other kids have been up too...and they seem to be up more now and maybe that's just because of the noise, so they are keeping me up and so there have been a few days where I just had to tell Chuck that I had to have a long nap once he got home.

So Little Man's next well-baby check up is next week and I will talk to his doctor about his tummy issues then. IT is definitely not as bad as our other little guy was, so that is a relief, but the on-call pediatrician said this is when it starts...UGH Little Man is getting lots of comforting snuggles.

• Mentor
#44: June 28, 2017, 09:28:34 PM
RCR,

I so admire all the love, and care, you two give these little ones.

God bless you and your growing family.

Give Little Man an extra hug from me.   ;D
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#45: March 30, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
It's been awhile since I posted an update...

Little Lady is almost 2 years old and her adoption is in process. There is only one caseworker who does adoptions and for the past hyear they have had a record number, so she has been overworked and adoptions are taking longer right now...they just advertised for someone to help her.
Little Man is 11 months--he and Little Lady are bio-siblings--is not yet in adoption process, but the termination of parental rights was officially filed last week--the filing paperwork was started the last week of January, so it took just that long to make it through to being officially filed with the court. We should receive the first trial date in the next week or so.
We have told our adoption caseworker that she can place other cases ahead of Little Lady of they will let her since then we might be able to have them both be adopted at the same time. Their parents failed to show up to the first trial (which was not really a trial but a court appointment for setting the date of the trial several months out). Failure to show was an automatic default to termination, which is why her termination came so quickly. They could do the same for Little Man, I am not expecting, but I do know that since it's happened it is a distinct possibility in this case.

Little Man has had a cold. It hasn't been bad, but the breathing struggles remained even when the other symptoms seemed to be gone--though they are now back. So we have been to the doctor several times and he has been put on two different inhaler medications. This week she finally said his chest sounded clear--even though his cold his back--but to keep the inhalers on hand and use as needed.

We are starting to have some behavioral issues with our oldest daughter who is now 5--her issues are mostly at school, though we see some of the same things at home I think they are a bigger problem in the school setting...and with her bio-brother who is our younger 5-year old. These two are the only ones not born addicted! He is showing some extreme defiance and lashing out by kicking or scratching--fortunately usually at air right now, but if we don't do something to get some help I do expect this will escalate. I put in a call to Children's Home Society for counseling--as kids adopted from foster care they qualify for services. I left a message and am just waiting to hear back.

I get to go to a foster and adoptive mom retreat! It's not until October, but I am so looking forward to it. I saw it last year, but not soon enough to plan and register to attend. At least I was able to impress upon Chuck my need for retreat as I at that time was feeling exhausted. I am getting there again as things have been tough since the change to daylight savings. The babies now wake during the 10:00 hour just before I want to get in bed--this means I don't get to go to bed as it is often both Little Lady and Little Man--a few minutes apart. I am often not in bed until midnight and so I've been pushing my wake up from 6:00 to 6:30 and this then puts me 30 minutes behind in the mornings--well of course it does.

But just thinking about it all makes me tingle with joy. They are so much fun--hard work and (unfortunately) laundry are just part of the life.

We bought property last year and are have a 3-year plan for building--based on when we have enough in our savings. For Christmas we bought the kids a battery operated jeep that seats two and recently took them up to the property on a Sunday and let them drive all over. It was a blast! Little Lady got to be a permanent passenger--she will be 2 in May--because she's not big enough to drive and the others argued over who drove and who rode. No one argued though once we put Little Lady in the seat and each got to drive her around--she had the biggest and cutest grin stuck on her face. Our oldest four-year-old seems to be the most skilled--at jeep driving, bike riding...anything requiring athleticism or coordination. But he can be a backseat (or next to the car) driver, shouting orders to the others how and what to do...it's pretty hilarious when they aren't annoyed by it.

Next year we will have 2 in all-day school--kindergarten and 1st grade. I can't wait. Though I doubt we will have the luxury of the special ed bus which now arrives at our doorstep to pick up and drop off our oldest--she may have some spatial problem as she had trouble finding her way places and the first week of school wound up in the parking lot which is why she now rides the special ed bus. She also has speech problems and so when lost others had trouble understanding her. We have to walk around the block to the regular bus stop and it arrives much earlier, but at least they get to eat breakfast at school.

Easter is almost here and new dresses and suits and ties are all ready to go for the day--one of the boys got rather upset that he didn;t get to wear his suit and tie yesterday--I'm behind on laundry this week after Little Lady got sick over a lot of bedding and would not have had time to get his outfit washed had he worn it...but how cute that he wants to dress up. I hope he is that excited and willing come Sunday and does not instead want to wear spiderman which is the usual favorite for both 4-year olds.

Life is hectic and wonderful here, God Bless
RCR

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
#46: March 30, 2018, 03:51:48 PM
RCR,

It's great to read about your adventures! I am glad this part of parenting is over for me...it is exhausting ;)

God bless you both! Happy Easter!
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

S
  • Mentor
#47: March 30, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Life is sounding pretty normal RCR, I remember those 'young children' days very well.  They are the happiest memories when you get older, so enjoy!
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

• Mentor
#48: March 30, 2018, 04:10:47 PM
Hope you all have a wonderful, blessed Easter, RCR.

#49: March 30, 2018, 05:52:14 PM
Thank you for the update, RCR.

Happy Easter.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.