collapse-peacocks

Author Topic: My Story Just when I think things are getting better....  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Seeshell7Topic starter

My Story Just when I think things are getting better....
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »
I'm to a point that I wonder, how much more?? At what point are things going to start getting better and I'm going to stop feeling like I'm not the biggest loser in this whole mess.
This past weekend H moved OW to the town we live in, 30 miles from her town.  Our town has 3000 people in it and we have lived here 20 years, how does this tramp think she will survive here?  I am extremely involved in this community.  I have been a string firl scout leader for 11 years, doing a ton of community service,  I am greatly involved in our homeschool group,  this is my town.
Why do I feel like they are getting everything they want and I'm just the huge loser in all this????

Old thread: http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9348.0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:39:41 AM by Thunder »
:)

Offline Kanvan

Re: Just when I think things are getting better....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »
I know how you feel SS. I too have felt like H and OW is having the time of their lives while I am trying to hold things together for me and the kids. You are not the loser, they are and eventually in time he will be able to see that one day. I think the emotional rollercoaster of it all is the hardest. One day we feel like we got this and the next day memories of our H will flood us and we feel like losers. Hang in there SS, we are not the loser. We are the prize! Hugs!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

You'll search for me inside of everyone you're with and I won't be found." R.H. Sin.

M-48
H-46
S27,S21, S16
Married 12/10/1994
23 years of marriage
BD- June 22, 2017 Moved in with OW-June 24th, 2017
Standing for my marriage

Online Thunder

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:14 AM »
Hi Seeshell,

I linked your threads but please don't start a new thread until you reach 150 posts. 
Thank you.   :)
With her permission, a quote from a recovered MLCer: 
From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did.

Offline in it

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
OMG Seeshell.

Hold your head high.

Pay as little attention as possible to that relationship. It's doomed to fail built on lies and deceit it can do nothing but implode. Might take a few months.

Not easy I know. Just about the same thing happened to me in a village just as small. I was also very active in the community. The ex and I were divorced but is was very shortly after ( a month) he moved the exow into the family house.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
Ok Thunder,  thank you.
Every single person I talk to tells me they will fail bit I'm just so afraid they will make it and be so gloriously happy together and I was a bad wife and she's his prize.

Offline OldPilot

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
I'm just so afraid they will make it and be so gloriously happy together and I was a bad wife and she's his prize.
NO way!
I will put money on that bet too!

She is the booby prize - that is about it.

Offline in it

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 12:47:58 PM »
I'm with OP
just stay right out of the way.
Take the high road as much as possible.
Don't get dragged into any drama.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

Offline Kanvan

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »
I agree with Old Pilot too. I keep telling myself that about H and his pond scum. There is no way that it will last, I just have to stay out of the way and let it crumble.  Hang in there!

You'll search for me inside of everyone you're with and I won't be found." R.H. Sin.

M-48
H-46
S27,S21, S16
Married 12/10/1994
23 years of marriage
BD- June 22, 2017 Moved in with OW-June 24th, 2017
Standing for my marriage

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
I'm just so afraid they will make it and be so gloriously happy together and I was a bad wife and she's his prize.
NO way!
I will put money on that bet too!

She is the booby prize - that is about it.

Lol—the booby prize for sure!!!
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
Thanks guys, that means alot to me. I take the high road except for in the divorice that he is pushing in full speed ahead.  I decided that if he is too g to put me through the wringer then I am going to get what I can.  And that includes exposing his affairs.  I hate it but I have no choice, he brought us to this place, he is torturing me and my children.

Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.
Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.
This disclaimer is also included in the Forum's Registration Agreement.