Author Topic: My Story What do you want for Christmas?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline CanLetGo

My Story Re: What do you want for Christmas?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »
All happening DF, remember to keep breathing! I hope you have some time off over Xmas, and there will be a little bit of DF time in there somewhere. Life gets crazy enough this time of year, even without a LB.
Me 44
H 47
3 young adult kids
BD December 2013, left home August 2014
OW 17 years younger

Offline KeepItTogether

Re: What do you want for Christmas?
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »
DF I found you again!! You have such a wonderful  way with words. You always have me cracking up too!!

So.....cookie-gate.  Funny, I sent a couple bottles of champagne to sil at her wedding in Charleston that I couldn’t be at. Apparently that was opened in front of the entire family and....wait for it...tears from mil, and 3 sils. Bill is angry and other bil refuses to speak to H. This is HIS family. 

Seriously feel like we are living parallel lives with twin MLCers!

But. I am really happy to hear mil has stepped up for you! I always had a rocky R with my mil. This experience seems to have softened her. Perhaps the same is happening with yours!

Hugs my bada$$ friend!
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline beyondblessed

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »
Hey, DF, I'm late to your party as uusal, but thought I'd confirm with everyone here that once you do figure your own $h!te out, your life becomes exponentially better.  Once ID worked out my own short comings, internal issues, and kinks, the universe started blessing me and hasn't stopped.  From friends, suitors, opportunities both personal and job related..  the blessing areally too many to be merely coincidence.

Keep being your bad@$$ self.  You are on the same track!

Merry Christmas, my friend!  I continue to cheer you on and hope you and your kiddos have an amazing holiday season!

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »
Dysfunctional weekend indeed, DF! 

Good thing you are up for handling it. 

Cookiegate - I love it. 
After all, tomorrow is another day.

Offline DumbfoundedTopic starter

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 10:02:30 PM »
Well I just got back from the airport. Brother has arrived with SIL and my niece. My nephew had an obligation back home and was not able to come. I suspect he is upset about the current situation with his parents and perhaps that had something to do with his absence.

So it was snowing like a blizzard tonight and that kept the East coasters entertained for the journey home from the airport. Whew!

I am glad you are all here when I got home. It is like a snug little rabbit hole safe from the MLC storm outside.

Stone - What is wrong with  these MLCers? The kids have warm beds at home. That is where they should be. Not sleeping on floors and couches because of their bad choices.

CLG - Unfortunately I don’t have any time off until the end of the year. Just a mad dash to 2018 for me. But we were just in Florida so I can’t complain too much.

KIT - I am glad you are with me again my friend. Cookie gate- a much needed laugh today. Thank you.

Beyond - thank you, thank you for being a light for me in the darkness. I am glad you are still here cheering for me.

SB ((Hugs))

I am just feeling weepy and so grateful for all of you tonight. Sweet dreams my LBS friends.

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Online FaithWalker

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
DF, your D sounds a lot like mine.  My D is not a hugger either.  I bet they'd get along well!

I hope that you are having an okay start to your weekend with your B and SIL and niece.

S17's F tried to pull the same overnight thing when S17 was little.  He and his W lived in a studio apartment and wanted S17 (who was 2 1/2) to sleep on the couch.  Nope, no way.  We had built into the parenting schedule that S17 had to have his own bedroom and his own bed, so they had to move before they could get overnight's with him.
M-39
H-42
S-17
D-15
S-12
Friends for 7 years before dating
Married for 14 years
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniversary
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged to her 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Engagement off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Joined POF within the first month back

Link to my journey: 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9711.0

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Never become a container for bitterness.  Bitterness is a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes -- some things have to break all apart so better things can be built."

Offline DumbfoundedTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »
I need advice. Got a long text today from Leaky Bucket during my Aunt’s service. Basically he has been “thinking about Christmas” and he wants to take the kids out to Christmas Eve dinner with his family (which I expected) and then he wants to come over Christmas morning to watch the kids open presents :o. (not expected) which he thinks “the kids would like”.  There is a cease and desist letter ... no house, no car... leave DF alone.

I have no idea how to respond to this nonsense. Just 🤔
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Offline moc

• Mentor: 31AndCounting
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:59 PM »
DF: joining late to the sitch, but I think I caught up a bit.  What do you feel like you want to to do?  If you feel uncomfortable, tell him NO.  IMHO, I say, NO.  If you have a CEASE and DESIST, that trumps!  Pay the piper Leaky Bucket.  Protect your heart.  You said it after the last 3 ...  leave DF alone.

Just my 2 cents.

peace to you!
~ avoiding the Damn Foolish Idealistic Narcissistic Crusade ~ MLC

~ MLCers: one fruitcake short of a Christmas

Online Treasur

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 12:27:57 AM »
Logic would be say yes to Christmas Eve (if that's what the kids want) and no to Christmas morning because of the cease & desist note....or, if kids don't want that, a 'no thank you given the circs' reply...so what is in your head as well as that? He's probably right on the timeline for a few feeble reconnection tries...maybe Xmas Eve is a good compromise that protects you from crazy but allows for something positive with the kids?

Do you have an unscratched LBS itch? What would suit you best?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:34:40 AM by Treasur »
BD - Oct 15, mostly silent vanishing husband, diagnosed with severe depression in Dec 15 & seeing psychiatrist/on ADs since then
OW since Apr 16, maybe earlier?
H filed Jan 17.
80/20 strategy for me in 2018

"her soul is fierce, her heart is brave, her mind is strong." R.H Sin
Grace is...Elegance, good will, unearned blessings, a prayer of thanks and how to address a duchess.
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline Tyks

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 03:13:44 AM »
DF, what did Christmas morning look like last year? Did he ask to come over? Was he there? Just curious if this is his way of showing more interest due to the legalities that are going on.

Do what feels good for you, DF :)
Me 48
Him 48
22 years together - Married 20
BD1 - August 26, 2016 - ILYBINILWY
BD 2 - August 28, 2016 - OW discovered EA - Kicked him out - currently separated
D15 D18

April 2017 - Legal Separation Agreement
August 2017 - I filed for divorce

Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.
Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.
This disclaimer is also included in the Forum's Registration Agreement.