Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info New Mods

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Forum-Info Re: New Mods
#10: December 08, 2015, 04:02:59 PM
I DID IT!!!Finally my dream mod is a reality and it's working.

You should now notice on the Public Community Board that the topic icons are appearing in double. That is because I added a plugin called Advanced Preifx and assigned a prefix to all threads that matches the topic icon. I'll leave it this way for a bit to make sure there are no kinks, but if it works I may just see if I can disable all topic icons so that coulmn will no longer show. It also may take me a bit to change all the old threads on other boards to show the preefix--though YAY I learned a way to change multiple threads at once... but the archive boards are not small. 8)A couple of the images are not yet working and I have not figured out why--I did nothing different uploading them than the others...I'll keep working on it.

I've set it as a requirement to select a prefix when starting a thread, but so far that is not working as it should because the option No Prefix is still available. I am going to ask about that at the forum for this plugin.

What's so great about the plugin? You can now sort by topic type. So if you are looking for purple story books, you ca do that--though not both light and dark, from what I can tell you can filter one type. But hey, it's still pretty cool. I do wish it were in a separate column like the topic icon, but oh well. And I still don;t know of a way to put some sort of a hold on the purple story books so each situation can first be approved before these are used--the mods wathc for these as it is now.

I had to disable the WYSIWYG plugin because people were having issues with it and I have an open ticket about it at the plugin site.

I'm having a weird issue now as I type this--the enter button won't work to end a paragraph and so I am doing a line break (shift-enter) instead. Huh :o But the plugin is not activated right now and yet what else might it be?

I also installed and then disabled a pop-up profile plugin because it was showing your Username instead of your Display Name. I've been given an easy fix, but the file I have been told to find is not there--I was told it could only be there with the plugin activated, so I reactivated for a few minutes and it was still not there. So tonight I might delete it and reupload it entirely and see if that works. The fix should take a few seconds once I find the file.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:04:32 PM by Rollercoasterider »

• Administrator
Re: New Mods
#11: December 09, 2015, 09:56:41 AM
So based on the new mod we have 10 dark purple icons and 9 light colored purple icons for this year, on the community forum.

I can't figure out how to put a picture here however great job!

#12: December 09, 2015, 11:52:57 AM
Woohoo! Do you think there would be a way to add some of the past reconciliations in, from before we had the colored icons? I know Strong Girl, SassyOne, MammaBear, etc. may not post anymore, but their stories would be such a huge encouragement. Would take some sifting through the archives, I guess (unless we can call upon the encyclopedic knowledge of Anjae! :) ). Or is it more encouraging to just stay with current threads? Not trying to make it more complicated, I swear!

• Administrator
#13: December 09, 2015, 11:55:36 AM
Would take some sifting through the archives,
If this feature is added to the archives then it would sort itself.

#14: December 09, 2015, 12:00:25 PM
Would take some sifting through the archives,

SWEET!

#15: December 09, 2015, 06:31:21 PM
Would take some sifting through the archives, I guess (unless we can call upon the encyclopedic knowledge of Anjae! :) )

You mean DGU's encyclopedic knowledge, right?  :)

Unless I'm mistaken, only if the threads have purple icons. Some of the old ones do not. But I think MammaBear's one has a light purple icon.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Administrator
#16: December 10, 2015, 03:01:10 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, only if the threads have purple icons. Some of the old ones do not. But I think MammaBear's one has a light purple icon.

True

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.