Author Topic: My Story Eye On The Prize  (Read 2167 times)

Offline KeepItTogetherTopic starter

My Story Eye On The Prize
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:09:54 PM »
Well I have to admit I had a whole different direction I wanted to start out with. But, well, I have an MLCer story. And it's kinda funny so I wanted to share with my HS peeps!

Tonight H had a game for his varsity lacrosse team. He took S11 with him. They got home about a quarter to 8 tonight and I was sitting in the living room enjoying a glass of wine b/c it's Tuesday.   ;D H is telling me all about the game--Lacrosse...yada...score was...yada...we won....yada.   I was nodding and smiling. Did I mention there was wine? Anywho, I noticed his team shirt was one of those Nike Dri-Fit form fitting ones. It was really cute. So I mentioned I liked it. Once.  OK, wait for it, he literally took it off then and there and gave it to me.   Who does that?  Then came over to give me a hug and kiss. Mind you I am sitting on the couch and never got up. Still sitting here shaking my  head.

Anyway, the title to this thread is "Eye on The Prize" and that is supposed to be all about me re-focusing on my prize, S11.  B/c for too long my focus has been on H. And though I know I shouldn't, I just cannot bring myself to turn away from the carnage. But I know I need to. Now.

Thanks everyone for following along. I really do appreciate you all so much.

Link to previous thread:  http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9761.0;all
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Online bipolared

Re: Eye On The Prize
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »
Welcome to your new thread KIT!  Glad you have wine AND a cute new shirt.  If your H is like mine though, that shirt is going to make up for everything he has ever done to you.
I'm not looking for my other half because I'm not half a person.

Online No expectations

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
  • One day at a time. And time is my friend.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:30:51 PM »
Hi KIT, following along!  I celebrated Tuesday with a nice rum drink myself lol.  Next time, you should tell h you like his car, see if he leaves that with you :o
Married 10 1/2 years, together 17.  BD 9/2016, 2nd BD 10/16.  H moved out 10/16.  2 AS's from my first M.  Me 55, H 49.  OW 23.

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through; how you managed to survive.  You won't even be sure if the storm is really over.  But one thing is certain; when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in...that's what this storm is all about."

"The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."

Offline Treasur

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »
It is an old Bedouin tradition, to be fair....does he have a nice camel?  ;D
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD)
No kids.
BD Oct 15. OW since Apr 16?
H filed Jan 17. Divorced April 18

Grateful for any appearance of the tiny karma bus  
"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 02:24:10 AM »

Oh mist! (German word for $#!t) I just spit my tea all over the Control Console....

Is "camel" the new euphemism for ... never mind.....

And wasn't it wine that got you into trouble before?  ;D  IIRC - There was discussion about a text ban when wine was involved... Of course, if he came over, there was no texting....
Me - 54
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 7
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer is initiating D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Offline Tyks

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 03:13:08 AM »
Lol,  I am not sure if that is an mlc thing or just a man thing. They seem to find it attractive when we wear their clothes.  I had that happen to me recently by this guy I am seeing.  He seemed to think that he should leave his pyjama pants here for me to wear lol. I have to roll my own down about five times for them to fit,  probably have to roll his ten times lol

Silly silly men!

Keep your eye on the prize,  kit :)
Me 48
Him 48
22 years together - Married 20
BD1 - August 26, 2016 - ILYBINILWY
BD 2 - August 28, 2016 - OW discovered EA - Kicked him out
D15 D18
April 2017 - Legal Separation Agreement
August 2017 - I filed for divorce
Divorce final February 12 2018

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8823.0

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9005.0

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9120.0

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9279.0

http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9649.msg635725#msg635725

Offline KeepItTogetherTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 06:56:18 AM »

Omg Treasur—that is freaking hysterical!!  And his camel seems to have a new ding, scratch or semi-major damage tonitbon a weekly basis. You know, like a 17 year old.  (UM—love that your mind went right to the gutter. Ok so did mine)

Right UM. There was no texting. And like I said, I was speechless while the captain of the team gave me his shirt. Wonder if he’ll ask me to prom.

NoEx, Tyks, Bipolared—thank you for following along. I always love reading your thoughtful responses.

Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline heroIam

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 07:09:45 AM »
KIT,
I'm here!
Following along.  Great subject line! 
“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

Offline UrsaMajor

• You can't please everyone, you aren't a pizza
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 07:20:56 AM »

Omg Treasur—that is freaking hysterical!!  And his camel seems to have a new ding, scratch or semi-major damage to it on a weekly basis. You know, like a 17 year old.  (UM—love that your mind went right to the gutter. Ok so did mine)

Right UM. There was no texting. And like I said, I was speechless while the captain of the team gave me his shirt. Wonder if he’ll ask me to prom.

Who knows... were you waving your Pom Poms and shouting "Hoo Rah Ree! Kick 'em in the knee!  Hoo Rah Ras! Kick 'em in the ... OTHER KNEE!" all the while batting your eyelashes at him?

Me - 54
MLC - 47
Together 20 years - Married for 17 at separation
S - 11
D - 7
2 Canines (each of us has one)
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold and separated - March 2016
Mid-Lifer is initiating D

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Online sampsed

• Subscriber, 12 Month
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
What a great morning Laugh I just had!   Following along and enjoying the comedy.  Can never ever laugh too much!
https://affaircare.com/the-180/

No matter what....find a positive...no matter how small it is there is always a positive.

BD 10 29 2017  Moved out same day to be with OW (EA become PA approx. 2 mos prior)
BY 1966
H BY 1966
Married 32.5 years
Together 35 years
D - 1989 Married with 2 children, living locally
S -  1991 Professional School living across Country  - Still relies on us for support
3 Dogs - 1 was his baby that he left behind
Standing
No legal action yet
3/5/18 OW moved to another State  H moved in with F  
3/19/18  H moved home and is living in spare room  Reason:  Wasn't happy living with F and had an urge to want to be Home.  OW moved out of State.  They are still communicating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.