Author Topic: My Story Eye On The Prize  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Acorn

My Story Re: Eye On The Prize
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:44:43 AM »
So I mentioned I liked it. Once.  OK, wait for it, he literally took it off then and there and gave it to me.   Who does that?  Then came over to give me a hug and kiss.

Following along, KIT!

My instinctive take on the above funny (but not in MLC world...) scene is two fold.

- Maybe he is showing you his wonderful six pack abs?  ;D
- My other take (serious) was that he is doing what he is capable of at this juncture in his muddled MLC life.  Sure, he was only capable of giving you his sweaty shirt but I see that as a positive gesture.  His ‘giving’ was spontaneous and so were his hug and kiss.  I trust his good intentions.  I would think of it as an effort to have a positive interaction with you at the most instinctive level.  I’m thinking if you have a mindset that ‘he is doing what he can’, it might positively influence the way you interact with him and vice versa.  I guess you could call it ‘grace’, undeserved favour. 

Just a thought from an incorrigible optimist!

Feb 2015: H has a Nuclear meltdown.  A tear-fest.  The next morning arctic cold descends.
Oct 2015: ILYBIANILWY
Apr 2016: Affair discovered
Still home

Offline Kitty

Re: Eye On The Prize
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
Attaching KIT. Maybe he'll give you his class ring next?
Me 37; H 41
Together 20 years; married 11.5
No kids, no pets
BD #1 Late October 2017 - H says he feels like he is living with a room mate at times (ILYBINILWY) and has considered separation.
BD #2 - Legal separation signed, and I find out about OW after H said there wasn't one.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way for you to become what you are meant to be." Kylo Ren - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Offline Kanvan

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »
Following along Kit! Look at you girl, seems to me that he is finally seeing who the queen is. You keep doing what your doing.Get it girl!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

You'll search for me inside of everyone you're with and I won't be found." R.H. Sin.

M-48
H-46
S27,S21, S16
Married 12/10/1994
Divorced 4/10/2018
23 years of marriage
BD- June 22, 2017 Moved in with OW-June 24th, 2017
Standing although divorced

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
Good to know he has upgraded to apparel that you actually like as opposed to some of the earlier fashion faux pas outfits he put together for us to laugh at! 

Continuing on with you, KIT.   ;)
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Offline same33

• Mentor: Albatross
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 03:14:09 PM »
Hi KIT. Following along now. Love your attitude!
M-44
W-41
S12, S9, S7
Married 9/25/2004
13 years of marriage
BD#1- December 22, 2014
BD#2- January 2, 2018
Standing for my marriage

Offline Upintheair

• MLCer Type: Off-N-On
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 03:28:44 PM »
Kit, following you :)
"Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached."
Simone Weil
Bd: 03-2015

Online Reallytrying

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Following along

Offline Never say never

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
KIT, following along ... as always!!! 

All of you guys are amazing.  I really do laugh out loud when I read some of these posts.  I still say we have a reality show that could be aired with no writers involved.  We just take our stories and go with it.  I'm sure it would be a hit.

Offline seahorse

• Subscriber, 6 Month
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
KIT:
What a great laugh.  All the visions of pom-poms, letter jackets, class rings and such!  Made my day. 
I think Acorn has the right idea - be thankful for the fog-filled gesture and run with it.
I think being cautiously optimistic is always a good thing

Seahorses have one mate for life...

Offline Dumbfounded

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 06:58:00 PM »
Welcome to your new thread KIT!!

What more could you want? He gave you the shirt off his back. SMH.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.