Author Topic: My Story Life is like a box of chocolates  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Anjae

My Story Re: Life is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
Welcome to your new thread, Savoir Faire.

My colleagues have been advised I am looking for a 99 year old multi millionaire with no family ;)

Sounds like a good plan.  ;)

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

Offline serenity

Re: Life is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »
I’m coming along for the ride dear Savvy,

I’ve reached so many points along the way and then go backwards and forwards on how I feel or think. It’s all part of our journey I guess.

I’m nearing 8 years and am pretty ok - most of the time!

Hugs

X

Offline Capri

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »
I’ve been away from the forum for a few months.  I loved seeing your post pop up today as I intended to search for your thread.  :-)   Wonderful to hear you continue moving forward. 

Offline stillbaffled

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
Continuing on with you, SF.

The "menu stealing" reminds me of Medusa's MLCer who had the OW that tried to imitate the holiday meal that Medusa always made for her H. 

These people, in the words of Nah, need to work on living authentic lives! 
After all, tomorrow is another day.
Together 16 years - married 6
BD - 1/1/16
His divorce final 7/16
Married OW - 7/17
a consistent semi-vanisher in the same small town

Offline Treasure

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 07:12:33 PM »
Continuing on with you savoir x

Offline Reallytrying

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 09:42:56 PM »
attaching.
I’d be so annoyed if MIL took my lunch tradition. These people can be so strange.
I totally get what you mean by sharing means accepting. I no longer feel any shame about what happened. It is what it is. With that has come quite a bit of freedom.
Sounding good.

Offline Savoir FaireTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 10:59:44 PM »
Thanks for following along everyone, I do appreciate all of you and your wonderful insight.

Noex - Brene Brown is great, love her work. Maybe if we'd read her stuff before BD, it may have made life a bit easier.

Thanks TL and Chookie,

Let us know what the response is to your letter. I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable now with the sale of your house..not happy, just more comfortable.

If you find a 99 year old with a brother, give him my number, OK?  😃

Looking for the 99 Year old with a brother - you want the younger or older one?   ;)

The worst part for me was that I kept telling myself that People were looking at me and my Boys and Feeling sorry for us. I
I felt the same Whyus, that people who didn't even know me were looking at me thinking I was broken and knew what I was going through.  Really strange feeling.

That's huge! Acceptance is the real beginning of new life imo. Very good for you   ;) (yes I am flirting  ;D)

All flirting welcome Silver ;)

Clara, Tyks,  Serenity, Milly, & BP, I do feel better than a year ago, more willing to look at NOT reconciling and being okay with that.  I am not making light of it, the feelings still sting at times but I feel more open to other changes in my life rather than just waiting for xH to appear on the doorstep.

SB and Treasur, nice to have you along.  The MIL stealing of MY fish and chips is not surprising to me.  I bet she is trying to fix him and can see the madness in xH. She knows very well it wasn't me who left or wanted the divorce.

I haven't heard anything from xH or his lawyer.  The letter I sent was a week ago and we had Easter in the middle so a few more days maybe.  XH had become better at responding following mediation. If he doesn't respond this time, I hope it's because he's in a very bad place mentally.  It's time to face your demons xH.

The letter only asked he reconsider choice of selling agent and return more of my stuff as he won't allow me keys to our property to get them.  I should have taken the spare keys when I had the chance >:(

I'll let you know when I hear something.  Correspondence from xH is never dull ::)

Thanks RT, we were posting at the same time....

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:01:03 PM by Savoir Faire »
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Online Chookie

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 06:05:47 AM »
Haha, at this point, either of them would be looking mighty fine, Savy! Lol, you choose..  ;D

Interested to hear your update about the letter.  ;)

BD 29 Nov '13
Left home 8 June '14
Does not live with OW

Offline KeepItTogether

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 06:41:14 AM »
Mil sounds like she’s trying to get into the good graces of xh for some reason. Sounds like a real peach! This is eye opening with me bc my mil has never really liked me all that much. Now that my H no longer speaks to her she is clinging to me. Our relationship is better now, but your story about her turning on you reminds me that blood is thicker that water always for these people and to not be surprised if she does turn on me.

I felt that shame and embarrassment too. For a long time. I’ve probably over shared my story though. If my H ever did return people might think I’m crazy. And I might be if I did lol. But maybe that 99 year old billionaire of yours has a third brother?

Glad you are at acceptance. That is my goal too—well everyone’s I imagine. I’m sure it is a much more peaceful place to be.0
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline Savoir FaireTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »
Thanks Chokie and KIT, I am putting in an order for three 99 year old men, no family, many millions $ and a very bad heart condition - sound okay?

KIT, I think my MIL would have kept in touch if I had been the one to extend the hand of friendship.  She never used to phone us when we were married, she expects her children to get in touch with her because she is "the mother" and it is our 'job' to phone her, not the other way around.  This was always a problem with her, she thinks she is super important.  She's sent a couple of texts to me since H left but after the last one, I stopped contacting as she just seems to be interested in gossip and not have any interest in me as a person.  She's met the OW so the whole conversation would be about OW and I don't want any details about the relationship at all.

I knew I would never be able to trust MIL, she phoned her solicitor the day H left me to ask if I could claim any inheritance - a peach she is not >:(  Her solicitor told me what she'd asked, as I was using him for the financials at the time.

She turns on people in a very nasty way - very like her son.

"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.