Author Topic: My Story A Wrinkle in Time  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Savoir Faire

My Story Re: A Wrinkle in Time
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »
Great post.

It's like anything new, shiny and glorious at the beginning but everything loses its shine after a while and becomes all a lot of the same.

I have lived by what you posted and have always known life wasn't meant to be all new love and new cars or houses and have an appreciation for boring and things we know and love which are old and comfortable.

Unfortunately, MLCers don't.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

Offline KeepItTogether

Re: A Wrinkle in Time
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »
Keep looking for the good in every moment. Love this. You said you were hanging something I said in your inspiration room Hero. I’m printing this out and I’m going to read it as often as I need—which may very well be every day! Thanks for sharing!!
Me 46
H 45
S11
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo.

Offline heroIamTopic starter

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2018, 06:51:29 AM »
Hey SF.
Thanks for posting.  Yes, new jeans do get old.....and that article just validated that, so I guess it's the one thing that us LBSers' can count on happening with our H's.  That maybe whatever is happening over there will eventually die a slow death - and then there's a change of some kind.

KIT, I wish I could say i wrote that article. What has helped me tho were to keep some posts that people wrote here on the forum, the ones that really resonated with me, and I've kept them in a notebook to refer back to when I'm in monkey brain mode.  Definitely helps bring me back to center.  Hence, the inspiration wall.  ;)
“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

Offline FaithWalker

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
That resonated with me to Hero.  Thanks for sharing!
M-39
H-42
S-17
D-15
S-12
Friends for 7 years before dating
Married for 14 years
BD 12/14/15 - 2 weeks after 14th anniversary
Divorce final 4/13/16
EA - 9/15-4/16
New GF 12/16
Engaged to her 6/17 (I found out 8/10/17)
Moved to her State 4 States away - 7/13/17
Engagement off 8/20/17
Moved back to our State 8/24/17
Joined POF within the first month back

Link to my journey: 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9907.0#new

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Never become a container for bitterness.  Bitterness is a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

"Sometimes -- some things have to break all apart so better things can be built."

Offline The lighthouse

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »
Just catching up Hero.  Thanks for sharing.   :)
M 1992
BD June 2011
Still with OW - No legal action

I am the lighthouse. I don't go out into the storm after the ship.  The ship finds me.

Offline heroIamTopic starter

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2018, 08:21:33 AM »
Thanks for catching up LH!  Good to see you here again.
I've been doing well.  A few strange things occurred with H.  And again, as you LBSers with vanishers or semi vanishers know, anything they say or do can be triggering since we rarely hear from them or see them.

The usual monthly mail/check pick up seemed to have changed up the other day.  H came in thru side garage door this time.  Not using the auto garage door opener as he was doing before. ( I have security cameras so I can view my home when I'm away),  H then came in garage and closed the large auto garage door form the inside, which he had never done before.  Not sure what that was all about.  I also noticed he was driving SS22's pick up truck.  He also seemed to look around garage in a strange way.   I didn't see him leaving with anything or bringing in anything.  So it was a bit strange. 

Other than that, my IL's may stop by tomorrow to show me their newly adopted senior dog.  They are retired and wanted to provide a good home to a senior dog.  I'll be babysitting my nephews little 5 yr old boy on the same day and my sister will be coming to help.  He will be having fun with his aunties!   :D 

I also have a good friend coming to visit next week and will stay with me a couple of days. And a few plans for the holiday weekend after.
Feeling blessed.

“In the end, you’ve got to be your own hero because everyone’s busy trying to save themselves.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.