Skip to main content

Author Topic:  Clington the living clingon

s
Clington the living clingon
OP: September 03, 2023, 06:45:54 PM
Wow. It’s been so long since I made a new thread I wasn’t even sure how.

Old thread https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11678.150

Clington is well Clington. I couldn’t even tell you what Ow he’s now on. I can count 4 women I know he’s been involved with since BD. This new one (K). He’s now living with her….unless he has the kids. Then he stays at his brothers or mums. Friday just gone, he came for the kids and was in an awful mood. Appeared to be arguing with her. Angry face. Texting furiously. Phone pinging all the time. And here’s the thing, I have my own issues with Ow (K) but I do see why she’s annoyed. He lives with her and her three children whenever he doesn’t have his. Yet when he does he won’t see her that weekend. I’d be annoyed too. K is showing many red flags. However, the way clington is so reluctant to introduce them. Is a red flag to me. I’m not against it. But the longer this continues the more I wonder what is wrong with her and why he’s so against it.

My girls go back to school tomorrow (Tuesday) D11 is starting high school. I paid for all their uniform. Clington got the shoes. D11 new high school is VERY strict. And by all means, I do firmly believe kids need structure and all this. She managed to get into the best high school in the area. So she’s got that but it’s so strict, she HAS to wear tights. When it’s summer and the weather gets hot then the school assess the situation and may allow socks. But it’s tights until notified 🙈

Clington brought the kids back to me and I’m SO annoyed. Yes he brought them meals and food and toys. Yea he bought D11 her school bag and their school shoes. However, D7 came back wearing the exact clothes she left in. She did have two outfits packed with her. They all did. And one pair of PJ’s each. D11 came back wearing a football shirt (she is football mad) and PJ shorts. None of the girls had their hair brushed. But they brushed their teeth 6 times one day 🙈 make that make sense?!

As it stands, it’s 2:43 am over here and I’ve gained two extra kids. I did start out with 6 but one wanted to go home so I’ve now got 5 for a sleepover. The last hurrah before back to school.

I’m so nervous for D11 starting big school, I don’t know how to behave atm for her. Do I pack her a pack lunch? Or is that not cool. Should I walk with her on the first day or is that “cringe” 😂😂
Me - 31
H - 37
3 children together D6 D9 D11 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#1: September 04, 2023, 12:25:08 PM
Following along....

Just ask her maybe.... Following along with a big neon blinking sign saying "This is my daughter, isn't she grand?" will probably not be a winner but walking along and talking like... well.... grown-ups might be OK.

Don't know what the food situation is at the school.... Could be good for her to have something she can take with if the school canteen is as horrid as mine was ....
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#2: October 02, 2023, 10:22:15 PM
Hey sachat.  How is school going for the girls?  This is my first year that I didn't have kids to do back to school shopping with.  It was definitely bittersweet.  Better on my wallet though.

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

s
#3: November 04, 2023, 05:28:28 AM
The girls are loving school. I feel a bit sad that all of them are no longer in the same school. We’re having a few issues with D12, she’s started getting detentions. The first one she got was completely my fault as she got a detention on her second day because she didn’t have the right trainers. That was my fault as I didn’t buy them. I told her that and took responsibility for it. And since she’s had another two detentions for not doing homework. I think she assumed because I took responsibility for one, I’d take them for all but not doing homework is fully on her.

Clington is still well, clington. He will complain about how rubbish his life is yadda yadda and yet he makes more issues for himself. He’s his own worst enemy. I feel like I’ve mellowed a bit, maybe it’s my age creeping up but then again I am only 32 (just turned). I feel very blessed to have the life I do. This week I’m booking on a holiday for summer 2024 with friends, there will be 4 adults and 8 kids. The kids are going to love it.

Life for me right now is really, really good. I feel really sorry for my girls that their other parent is the way he is. They deserve more. But, I get the memories with them. We go away, we do day trips. We even went to see Taylor Swift in concert at the cinema, I got a bit teary watching my girls belt out her songs and just love life. Was lovely to watch.

I do have a funny story, as I was doing my washing I noticed a jumper I’ve never seen before. It was a fake stone island one. I assumed one of the girls has picked it up from a friends house as sometimes they swap clothes etc etc. I asked friends so I could return it. It was nobody that we knows. The only other place it could have come from is clingtons car. The girls must have grabbed their stuff and picked it up. It’s got to be his new girlfriends sons jumper 🤦🏾‍♀️ I am waiting for the “can I have that jumper back” chat but it’s yet to come. As far as I’m aware he’s now living with the new girlfriend and her 3 kids, however he has bought a caravan that attaches to his car, to have the girls at weekends as he doesn’t want her to meet the kids. It’s so bizarre to me but I leave him to it. I won’t interfere until it affects my kids
Me - 31
H - 37

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#4: November 06, 2023, 12:48:23 AM
As far as I’m aware he’s now living with the new girlfriend and her 3 kids, however he has bought a caravan that attaches to his car, to have the girls at weekends as he doesn’t want her to meet the kids. It’s so bizarre to me but I leave him to it.

Another one to peg out the

o-meter...... <shaking my head>
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#5: November 07, 2023, 10:32:02 AM
Hello,

Sorry about the detentions. I give many of them myself.

Life for me right now is really, really good. I feel really sorry for my girls that their other parent is the way he is. They deserve more. But, I get the memories with them. We go away, we do day trips. We even went to see Taylor Swift in concert at the cinema, I got a bit teary watching my girls belt out her songs and just love life. Was lovely to watch.

It is good to build those memories. I celebrated my oldest daughter's 28th birthday with her  and her husband and my wife. We had a great dinner together and it was a lot of fun. Your post about the Taylor Swift reminded me that when our girls were young, we all went to the Hanna Montana concert movie. My kids sang the songs as well. Just a lot of fun.

Clington is still well, clington. He will complain about how rubbish his life is yadda yadda and yet he makes more issues for himself. He’s his own worst enemy. I feel like I’ve mellowed a bit, maybe it’s my age creeping up but then again I am only 32 (just turned).

Yes, he is and until he commits to growing up, he won't take responsibility for his actions or choices. You have not only mellowed, you are the adult and parent in this situation.

This week I’m booking on a holiday for summer 2024 with friends, there will be 4 adults and 8 kids. The kids are going to love it.

Yes! You keep being you and your girls are going to grow up to be amazing people.

Have an awesome day,

(((Ready)))

"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

s
#6: November 11, 2023, 10:22:27 PM
So we’ve booked onto the holiday. One issue I will come across is taking my kids abroad when we have different surnames. It’s been spoke about before, me changing my name by deed poll. That would give me the same surname as my kids, but also stop any issues is have taking them abroad. It’s very cheap to do. I’ve toyed with the idea for a while. But I don’t want to be linked with him for life. By name.

D12, god I love her but right now she needs to find her own feet. So with the detentions. When it was my fault. I took the blame. But I think, she assumed that was a free pass. It wasn’t. I can’t lie, her school is very strict. Even I struggle with some rules, but I chose that school for her. Rules are rules.

I think the one thing that’s struck me since BD is. When BD hit me, I was only 26. I became a single mum to 3 kids. And my god do I love the bones off them. I know on social media I come across line “that mum” but honestly they are great kids. And I don’t just say that cos they are mine, they actually are. Yet it actually hurts my heart, that clington can give them up so easily. He’ll see them when he has too. Twice a month but never will he text me during that time asking about them. Never does he even contact them. I’ll never understand that, how a parent can do that. Some days when they are with him, I know I should enjoy the break but I just miss them.

To show you where clington is at, he has now bought a caravan to live in. He introduced the kids to his dog, a dog they haven’t seen in months. I know I’m probably a bit biased as we lost Luna, but the kids ask about the dog a lot and it spends time with the new girlfriend. But to the kids, the dog is now gone. They’ve said to me “is X with Luna now” and it’s so hard for them to navigate those emotions. They’re still only little. I can accept, taking on 4 cats was a lot but they’ll be with us for life. They are family to us.
Me - 31
H - 37

#7: November 12, 2023, 12:38:43 AM
Have you considered the other option of changing THEIR surnames to be the same as yours? Or hyphenating theirs to include both?

Bc you were not married, you are a single parent and your kids do live with you after all…..but I’d guess you’d legally need his consent? And to consider how your girls would feel about it too. Not a straightforward situation probably.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:06:20 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

s
#8: December 16, 2023, 08:37:49 PM
It’s defo not a straight forward situation. The reason it was debated me changing my name was because I could bet my life clington won’t ever give me permission to change the girls name. And I do have to have that as he is listed on the BC and has parental responsibility.

So one thing I always get questioned on as me and clington have a fairly straightforward agreement. He has the girls every other weekend, and all the major events NYE Valentines etc, we alternate. This year I have the kids for NYE which is no issue to me. However I booked a very special breakfast on Xmas eve for the girls with a certain someone ( 🎅🏽) I messaged him beforehand to check he didn’t have plans before paying for it. For him to reply “it’s your weekend with then it’s fine”. I know it’s my weekend but it’s bloody Christmas! I had just (foolishly) assumed he would want to see them! A lot of my friends have to do alternate Christmases with their kids dad, I’ve had the kids every single Christmas since BD. Which is more than fine by me. However if he said anything I accept I would have to share them, I wouldn’t like it but it’s just one of those things. However, whilst he’s not mentioning it. I won’t either.

I do miss them a lot when they aren’t with me. The house feels awful. And one thing we do (when they are here) is watch our TV together. We are currently watching strictly (UK guys Bobby brazier - Jade Goodya son even sent D9 a personal message). As soon as the winner was announced D12 phoned me (she’s with her dad this weekend) “Mum do you want to know who won”. I got a bit teary because currently we’re a bit strained, she’s at the eye roll, huff puff stage. Nothing I do is right etc. so for her to phone me, just to tell me who won was so cute 🥰
Me - 31
H - 37

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#9: December 19, 2023, 08:34:00 AM
Hello,

I messaged him beforehand to check he didn’t have plans before paying for it. For him to reply “it’s your weekend with then it’s fine”. I know it’s my weekend but it’s bloody Christmas! I had just (foolishly) assumed he would want to see them!

Clington doesn't always come across as paying much attention to things like Christmas lately.

When BD hit me, I was only 26.

The big difference is that you grew up and Clington went backwards. He lives in a caravan and his focus is on all of his issues. He doesn't call because he knows the girls are fine with you. If he were to call under the pretense to check on the kids, it would really be to talk to you. However, I think you really sent the message that other than co-parenting, you are done with him and his antics. So, there is really no reason to call.

My new wife was pretty much in your situation. She had two kids-one right after the other. He ex was with her until the kids were nine and ten, but during that time, he was an absent father. They would make plans for the weekend and he would opt out at the last second leaving her alone with the children. Then he completely bailed when he moved on with his OW. Then other than a couple times a year, he never saw them. Now he wants a close relationship and they are not having it. However, it was his choices and his actions that brought the relationship to this point. Your girls are still young, but they are growing up and they now their father too. By the time Clington gets his act together; it may be too late and his relationship with his own girls may be gone forever.

honestly they are great kids.

Because honestly, you are a great mom and your focus has been on ensuring that they have all the opportunities to be great kids. Be proud of all of your accomplishments as a parent. You are one smart cookie and I hope you and the girls have a fabulous Christmas.

((((Ready)))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.