Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2

• Mentor
Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems 2
#80: November 06, 2019, 05:42:40 PM
No spell check has not worked for quite awhile.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

S
  • Administrator
Re: Re: Forum Problems 2
#81: November 06, 2019, 06:31:05 PM
Does same thing on clean test install, opens blank window.  Posted the question in SMF support, will see if anyone responds.

S
  • Administrator
#82: November 06, 2019, 06:35:43 PM
Can modify login so that all logins are forever, cookies will not expire.  Do that on all my forums.  Let me know if you want it done here.

I think that is a good idea - I say do it.

Ok, header login, main menu login, guest login, admin login (maint mode) will all login forever, options for cookielength have been removed.  Members can logout from main menu, or clear browser history, otherwise login should stick.

• Administrator
#83: November 07, 2019, 06:20:13 AM
Can modify login so that all logins are forever, cookies will not expire.  Do that on all my forums.  Let me know if you want it done here.

I think that is a good idea - I say do it.

Ok, header login, main menu login, guest login, admin login (maint mode) will all login forever, options for cookielength have been removed.  Members can logout from main menu, or clear browser history, otherwise login should stick.

Thank you.

S
  • Administrator
#84: November 10, 2019, 02:26:20 PM
No spell check has not worked for quite awhile.

Ok, this is what I have.  Spellcheck doesn't work on my server, it opens empty window.  Host support tells me all necessary packages are installed on the server and pspell PHP module is enabled, but it won't work without dictionary files.  Dictionary files can't be set up on shared server, would need a VPS/dedicated server.  If spellcheck worked here previously, then stopped, something must have changed server side.  You'd have to take this up with your host.

• Mentor
Re: Forum Problems 2
#85: November 10, 2019, 03:14:36 PM
Thank you Sir Osis,

Yes it did work before, not sure when it stopped working.  It's been awhile.
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#86: November 13, 2019, 01:34:00 PM
Thank You Sir Osis

Can you tell us how to save as a draft?

I used to have a mod for saving unpublished posts, but I don't even see it in the package list anymore, but if it is a default feature, I guess it's not necesssary to have a mod anyway.

I did switch packages with the host a few months ago--early Summer. Sort of the same host, but I think a different umbrella of the company. That may be what's going on with spell-check. I don't think it ever really worked for me--or I just never knew what I was doing  ;). I use grammarly and it sort of helps. Sort of--it recommended that not necessary above be changed to necessary; um wouldn't that change the meaning to the opposite of what I intended... ::).

Sir Osis, another weird thing I noticed recently and I am betting it goes back to the package switch. In my smf packages--mods--list all are listed as not installed, but they are and have been working  ???. I noticed this when I uploaded a new mod. So to just test it out, I installed the topic starter mod and so now there are two icons next to the topic starter's post on a thread!
There could be some in that list that are really not installed, but how can I even tell? I don't want to go installing anymore and having them doubled.

• Mentor
#87: November 29, 2019, 06:48:35 PM
Vety slow and hard to connect to
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
#88: November 30, 2019, 02:05:59 AM
This is the msg I keep getting:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

• Mentor
#89: December 01, 2019, 11:48:19 AM
Others are having system problems too.  It's been for like 2/3 days now.

Can you please look at this?

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.