Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Love Comes Walking In

K
My Story Love Comes Walking In
#50: April 30, 2021, 10:20:34 AM
I am so excited for you BB! I love that you are going back to school. And In a career you clearly have such passion for. I do think some of these spouses are so defective they can pull us right down with them without our even knowing it.  And you are able to see it for what it is, and improve yourself. SO easy to wallow in self pity and yet you picked yourself up and turned it all around. You are such an inspiring person. I hope you know how much your strength, wisdom and kindness has meant to me personally. 
Me 49
H 48
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

b
Love Comes Walking In
#51: April 30, 2021, 03:28:30 PM
Kimber...welcome to my thread.  I am sorry that you are here in this place, but honestly,  under the circumstances,  you couldn't be in a better place.  It's been 5 years since my ex tucked tail and ran.  Very cowardly, and though it seemed out of the blue, I known he had to have been planning it for months.  His affair didn't just happen.  I've heard from sources as recently as just a few months ago that he was screwing around with the howorker way before his little "we need to divorce" declaration.   That's how all these cowards work...they line up that new supply before they cut us loose because God forbid they should have to be alone and responsible for themselves  ::)  Plus, they need their super fragile egos boosted, so they choose the lowest of the low as the AP.....affair DOWN....truer words have never been spoken.  These APs are even more vile, disgusting and screwed up than the cheaters.  Not much to be proud of there.  So, yes, my life has improved by leaps and bounds since leaving his dusty ass behind.

SB.....so nice to hear from you.  I hope your weather is better now and allows for plenty of wind therapy.  I do enjoy following you and TTS on your adventures.   I don't know that I'd ever be brave enough to experience life on 2 wheels as a solo.  Being a passenger has been nerve wracking enough for me.  Popeye and I have been talking about buying a small motor home and traveling the country,  though.  That's about as wild as we are going to get.  LoL  ;D

KIT....I am so blessed to have stumbled upon this group.  It has meant more to me and helped me more than I could have imagined 5 years ago.  Our stories all bear such striking similarities,  but yet are still unique in ways only a marriage or partnership could be to the two parties involved. And, that's exactly why each of us needs to forge our own path, regardless of what others may think or feel about their own situation.   You have grown so much in your journey.  I am so proud of the strength,  determination, grit and grace you have displayed.  If your H doesn't come to his senses one of these days, I will feel very sorry for him because you are a gem of a woman, and if he doesn't appreciate all of your wonderful qualities,  I have no doubt you will have several suitors standing in line, if you don't already.   Always follow your heart, but take your brain with you.  😘
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 03:31:12 PM by beyondblessed »

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Love Comes Walking In
#52: May 01, 2021, 05:26:05 AM
Hello,

So happy that so much good is coming your way. Five years ago, you were betrayed and badly hurt. It took some time to recover and take those first steps forward, but look where your journey has taken you.

Like you said, go where you are wanted and appreciated. I can see that that is the place you have found and you truly have a balance in your life. I hope that you continue to thrive in this place and keep posting.

Enjoy your weekend with Popeye!

(((((Ready)))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

b
Love Comes Walking In
#53: May 02, 2021, 05:22:04 PM
Thank you for you thoughts, Ready.  I truly value your insights and opinions.  I'm glad we have both worked through the broken parts of our own journeys to find stronger and truer love.  There is nothing more satisfying than being in a solid,  safe and secure relationship after coming from just the opposite.  The lessons we learn, shape the lives we live.

b
Love Comes Walking In
#54: May 05, 2021, 12:44:11 PM
Anyone remember that my xh's youngest brother was also a runaway spouse about a year after xh pulled his disappearing act?  Well, he went through numerous OW...before and after they divorced.  He's been remarried a couple years now, and started a second family, as they share at least one child.  Anyway, the new wifey spent this weekend in the county jail on a domestic battery in the presence of minors charge.  Guess the honeymoon is over 🤷‍♀️🙄  Just further proof that these relationships aren't worth the lies and cheating they are built on.  They may do their damnest to convince everyone around them they are living the dream, but in reality it is a trailer trash filled,  B movie, at best.

K
  • Trial Subscriber
Love Comes Walking In
#55: May 05, 2021, 03:03:07 PM
Anyone remember that my xh's youngest brother was also a runaway spouse about a year after xh pulled his disappearing act?  Well, he went through numerous OW...before and after they divorced.  He's been remarried a couple years now, and started a second family, as they share at least one child.  Anyway, the new wifey spent this weekend in the county jail on a domestic battery in the presence of minors charge.  Guess the honeymoon is over 🤷‍♀️🙄  Just further proof that these relationships aren't worth the lies and cheating they are built on.  They may do their damnest to convince everyone around them they are living the dream, but in reality it is a trailer trash filled,  B movie, at best.

A happy ending, much deserved. (sorry for the kids though)
Me - 51, xh - 52
Together 26 years - Married 24 at separation
D - 23, S - 20
No BD - gradually moved out into our vacation house starting 8.20

M
Re: Love Comes Walking In
#56: May 05, 2021, 04:06:04 PM
Trailer trash B movie, thanks Beyond for reminding us. I'm happy for you and Popeye.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

b
Love Comes Walking In
#57: May 05, 2021, 04:17:57 PM

A happy ending, much deserved. (sorry for the kids though)

Kimber......Yes, the poor children are stuck in a place they certainly do not deserve or need to be.  It never ceases to amaze me how selfish these people are, especially in regards to the safety and wellbeing of their own flesh and blood..  it sickens me.  I will forever be grateful that I never shared kids with my ex.

And, as for the "ending " for those two, I think that drama is just what they do.  He's an even hotter, crazy mess than my ex.  Their family only knows dysfunction, and they do it well.  It comes as naturally as breathing to them.  Without it, I'm not sure they'd know how to survive.  A little battery and jail time and a hideous mugshot is nothing to them.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Love Comes Walking In
#58: May 06, 2021, 03:03:58 AM
Anyway, the new wifey spent this weekend in the county jail on a domestic battery in the presence of minors charge.  Guess the honeymoon is over 🤷‍♀️🙄  Just further proof that these relationships aren't worth the lies and cheating they are built on.  They may do their damnest to convince everyone around them they are living the dream, but in reality it is a trailer trash filled,  B movie, at best.

Living the dream?  More like "Nightmare on Elm Street" if you ask me...

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
Love Comes Walking In
#59: May 06, 2021, 08:50:30 AM
Nailed it, as usual, UM.  Nobody in these cheap seats is believing the crap they spew.  lol  I just wonder if they can see how crazy and deluded they appear to the sane crowd  ???

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.