Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info DELETING A POST by accident or losing it.

• Administrator
Forum-Info DELETING A POST by accident or losing it.
OP: September 23, 2012, 04:37:14 AM
I wanted to post this here because a lot of people complain that they have deleted their posts.

If you delete a POST before you DO anything else you might try the following which works for me.

Click the Forward arrow once or twice on your browser and see if your post reappears.

or click the backwards arrow.

Or if you highlighted text and accidentally hit delete - try the UNDO button.

These things work for me and I have recovered many posts that I thought I deleted.

I will move this POST to the Forum information Board after it is read by enough of you on the board.

Hope this helps someone.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:22:28 AM by OldPilot »

• Mentor
Re: DELETING A POST
#1: September 23, 2012, 05:50:17 AM
Thanks OP..I wish it were that easy to reverse our deleted MLCer's..I would especially like to see an UNDO button that would bring them back from whatever dimension they have gone do. Perhaps you could invent one for us...we'd pay you millions of $$$$$$$  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

#2: September 23, 2012, 04:41:54 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D xyzcf

and thanks OP
Work in progress (none of us are perfect)

• Administrator
#3: January 06, 2014, 03:21:54 AM
Just bumping this up cause it just happened to me again.

I was posting on Serinity's thread and thought I had lost my post.
Turned out that someone else had posted while I was posting.

I didnt notice until I had done 10 other things on the sute.

So I thought, wow just lost that whole post,
I kept hitting the backwards button like 10 times and it finally brought me back to my post.
It was all still there and I saw what had happened .

Pressed the post button and VOILA it was NOT lost.

:) :) :)

• Administrator
Re: DELETING A POST by accident or losing it.
#4: January 13, 2014, 01:17:29 PM
Also if you accidentally delete your post let me know and I MAY be able to help you with it.

As we have a new feature in the board.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.