Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Update

e
My Story Rebuilding Update
OP: June 18, 2023, 06:27:29 AM
I thought maybe it’s time for an update! It’s been a couple of years since last time I think and lots have happened. I don’t even know if anyone on here now knows who I am or remembers me but here we go…

I was one of the lucky ones, my H came back and quite early on but on the other hand he’d been crazy and weird for many years when he finally left to live with the alienator. Anyway, he has been back since August 2012 and our marriage has been great since then. It really is a new and improved spouse who is coming back and a new marriage as well. My son was 4 then he is now about to turn 16!!

In 2020 we left the US due to Covid and lockdown. We spent two and a half years in my native Sweden and are now living in Ireland, where I’m pursuing a PhD at Trinity College Dublin. This last piece, a huge thing for me, would have been impossible without the support and love of my husband and son. I’ve been very lucky. My husband’s MLC gave me some amazing friends, one of whom paved the way for us here in Ireland and it strengthened my faith.

For anyone who might read this and who is new to MLC or who is suffering, things do get better, things do improve. Hang on and hang on to any faith you may have - it will help you.

M
Update
#1: June 18, 2023, 07:37:58 AM
Very nice to hear. Continued happiness for you and your family
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

B
  • Stand Up and THRIVE!
Re: Update
#2: June 18, 2023, 04:19:43 PM
Newbie here, I’m so glad it worked out for you and your family!
BD 3/23
Standing
W Still at Home
M-48
W-46

• Mentor
Update
#3: June 18, 2023, 05:22:49 PM
Evas, it is s nice that you came back to update! Thank you. Good work on doing your PhD...that is wonderful!!!

he has been back since August 2012 and our marriage has been great since then. It really is a new and improved spouse who is coming back and a new marriage as well.

I hear that from other reconnection stories. It makes sense really, that this new marriage would be stronger and that the work that needed to be done has been accomplished.

Can't believe your son is turinng 16!

Covid was really tough for me because my family live in Canada and I did not see my daughter for 19 months. Totally alone except when I could go play golf...it was really hard.

I am now making up for lost time and doing some traveling and life is busy! I do see my daughter about 5 times a year (never enough) and one day will move back...but I have been in the US for 20 years, have made many really good friends and love Colorado..the weather is quite enjoyable for me.

We shall see.

Good luck with your degree, your lovely son and I enjoyed reading that your faith grew stronger through this. Mine has too and is what feeds me when I get down.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

R
Update
#4: June 19, 2023, 12:37:44 AM
Evas, so good to hear from you and it's especially great to hear how well everything is going. Please continue to update--we really appreciate it.

And remember that the P in PhD really stands for Perseverance.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 12:40:08 AM by Reinventing »

W

WHY

Update
#5: June 19, 2023, 09:45:56 PM
I’m very happy for you and wish you all the best. 

Seems like another case of “the quicker they’re on their way the quicker they’ll probably have their come to Jesus moment”…..  I have a low energy wallower and I see zero progress possible until she Ds and pursues her fantasy life. 

It’s good to know that there are some happy endings out there.  Thank you for sharing. 

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.