Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Reconnecting New chapter please

M
My Story Reconnecting Re: New chapter please
#30: April 15, 2020, 04:13:26 PM
Hope, everything Thunder already said. I am so happy you and your H are doing well. So lovely to hear that your H seems to be appreciating what he has now again. I just want you and your H to keep getting closer to each other.
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

New chapter please
#31: April 21, 2020, 11:28:50 AM
H&F
I haven’t been on in ........ I can’t tell you and so many names I don’t know but my old friend H&F showed up 😉
I’m going to begin reading backwards but man I hope I’m reading good❤️
31 and counting
Hurting people hurt people :(

Re: New chapter please
#32: April 21, 2020, 11:38:05 AM
Just caught up H&F. I've been unable to post much and have only been on here and there to attempt to catch up with everyone.

I'm tremendously excited to see positive actions and affirmations from your H. It seems that he is more willing to speak what's on his mind and try to include you in his thought processes.

I hope you and your family are staying safe.

XOXO
Island
Me: 36
H: 39
S20; D13; D11; D7
Together 21 years, Married for 5
BD: 4/25/2017 (EA)
BD: 4/10/2018 (EA same OW)

New chapter please
#33: April 21, 2020, 11:47:46 AM
H&F
I’ve only gone back a few post but for some reason I remembered us on the same timeline but we we’re not !
7 + full years for my H to completely return with an early return years before 😜
You’ve got this!
(hugs)
Hurting people hurt people :(

h
    • Clare Brown Life Coach
New chapter please
#34: May 11, 2020, 07:59:21 PM
Hi all,

SHE's BAAAACCCCKKK  >:( >:(  ...that's ow (if it's not obvious)

She moved to the UK last Sept (break up 475) and told H that she would be back in 12 months and if he was divorced, they could continue.  The COVID situation has seen her return early and she emailed H about 5 weeks ago to let him know and also announce that their chapter was closed because she'd heard he was back at home.

He emailed back to confirm that he was and that he was glad she was safe.

She emailed him again on Sat night and asked how he was.  He emailed back to say he was fine.....this is where I come in.

We were visiting and staying with his parents and H was taking a shower before bed.  I heard him walk to the kitchen and then back to the bathroom. A couple of mins later he walked back the kitchen, spoke to his mum and then came to bed.  I asked him what he was doing....blank look.  I told him that I'd heard him go to the kitchen a couple of times.  He told me that he's spoken to his mum.  Long story short, he'd gone to get his phone.  I knew it and he knew I knew it but didn't want to tell me.  I wouldn't let it go and ask him what I am missing, what don't I know, is he struggling?  is something going on? does he want something to be going on?

By this time, I am literally shaking - not crying, just shaking.  He's never seen this before and doesn't know what to do so he tentatively reaches out to me.  I scoot over and let him basically hold me down.  He tells me there is nothing going on, he is not texting anyone, we do need to talk but not at his parents house, he loves me, is in love with me and wants a future with me.  I push him on the fact that he won't talk now - is he trying to manage what he expects will be a negative reaction.  He tells me that he does have something to tell me but it's not bad.  I get virtually no sleep and managed to do the 'business as usual' act the next day (lets face it, we're experts)  H was particularly close.  He's never seen such a visceral reaction from me, I think it scared him.

Sunday, we went home and didn't have an opportunity to talk.  Monday, we did and I suggested we go for a coffee.  I half expected H to resist but he seemed keen and he started talking before we'd got a minute from the house.  He told me that he'd last spoken to her last Sept and last had email contact in Oct.  So nothing had changed from what he told me in Oct.  He then told me that she'd contacted 5 weeks ago (as above) and again on Sat night.  He is pretty sure she is not interested in a relationship anymore.

Major red flags here that I am positive he didn't see until I pointed them out
1) Why did she contact at all when she'd heard we were back together (and why the firetruck did you respond?)
2) Why did she send the "How you doing" email after he'd confirmed it  (as above - while drunk on a Sat night - can anyone say "door open")
3)  She does want a relationship with you based on these actions - she would be seeing you everywhere now that she is back and once again, she is ignoring my existence.  AGAIN!!

He said he was rattled by her contact and admits that he still thinks about her occasionally but knows he can't have both and he doesn't want a divorce.  I asked why and he said "because I am in love with you and I want our life"  I wanted to make sure it wasn't just because it was too hard.  He promised he will never cheat on me again.  Obviously holds very little weight with me, but I'd prefer to hear that than not hear it.  He has been super loving since and seems relieved.  He said that we'd needed to have this conversation so I asked if he had planned to tell me.  He said that he thought I would ask about whether she had contacted or not.

I told him that I had only recently decided that I would want to know (as opposed to leaving it to him to handle) so I asked him if he will let me know when she contacts again.  He doesn't think she will but agreed.  I let him know that his naivety (spelling?) scares me.  We agreed that if/when she contacts again, he will not respond.  We discussed a joint response and I asked him if I could email her and he said he didn't want to flare drama.  I will go with his wishes for now.

H goes to the town she lives in for 1 night this week and then the town her family lives in for 2 nights.  I am lying in bed last night and it dawns on me that she is probably now living with her family AND, wait for it...... her sister works at the airport at this small regional centre so there is NO opportunity to sneak in and out of this town.  Lovely, just fabulous.  Then....his phone lights up at 12.54am.  I literally get the $h!tes and when I came back from the toilet H stirred and asked me what was up.  I told him about his phone and he reached over and opened his emails in front of me.  It was a roster notification.

This morning I thanked him for his transparency and told him that it had only just occurred to me that she would be living with her family and that she would know he was there.  He isn't sure where she it but thinks its a possibility.  He assured me that it doesn't matter anyway.

So yay, he goes away for the first time in about 8 weeks and its a total $h!te fight.  GRRRRR

BD's in May 09, Sept 12 - suspected OW
Left home Jan 12 2013
OW confirmed Feb 2013
Moved home April 11 2014
BD again in April 2017 - clinging. 
Moved home again March 2020
Moved out July 2017
Moved home March 2020
D21, D19 and S17

E
New chapter please
#35: May 11, 2020, 08:41:40 PM
Oh Hope, I understand the 'interesting weekend' reference now. I can feel the turmoil rolling off the page but also can see from your words just how strong you are now and how different HE is. Here for a vent if you need one.
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

h
    • Clare Brown Life Coach
New chapter please
#36: May 12, 2020, 01:02:30 AM
Thanks Ever - you know I will call you for a vent when I need one?  Maybe this week?

It is probably a good thing that H has gone away for the week because it is giving me a chance to pick myself up and put my game face on.  Let me hereby announce..

"Game on mole"

Lets not forget that I am so much better at this crap than she is.  I plan to frame this as an opportunity and stay positive.
1) I have the opportunity to not be needy this week when one would expect that I would be.  Be an attractive force that is not constantly asking questions and is instead offering trust and love
2) I can be grateful that H has once again been asked to choose - and say out loud why he is home (good for the soul)
3)  I can show him support during this difficult time - this includes cuddles and affection and a recognition that he might be struggling (even though he firetrucking caused it  >:()
4) I will not become a screaming banshee and give her everything she wants - creating a rift between us and opening a door to her.
5) It actually gives H the opportunity to step up and protect me this time - unlike last time.

I plan to let this play out and after she has contacted H again, I think I will give him some suggestions for an email back to her.  When I mentioned a joint response, I knew what that might look like in my head but he probably has no idea how that could work and still make him look like a man.  I might suggest that he emails her with something like
"This will be my last email to you because it is would be inappropriate for us to remain in contact.  You should also know that I have chosen to be an open book with H&F about our contact so far.  I wish you every happiness in the future"

Thoughts? 

I actually think he needs a bit of help but it needs to not look like he is getting it (or needs it).  He is still obviously very wobbly and it would be detrimental to point that out.  If I can provide a bit of guidance and support, it might make this a team event.  My aim is to bring us closer and into the light and discourage the sneaky dark breeding ground that has been lurking lately.

Lemme just say that I am totally pissed that I have to put my game face on again.
BD's in May 09, Sept 12 - suspected OW
Left home Jan 12 2013
OW confirmed Feb 2013
Moved home April 11 2014
BD again in April 2017 - clinging. 
Moved home again March 2020
Moved out July 2017
Moved home March 2020
D21, D19 and S17

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
New chapter please
#37: May 12, 2020, 02:33:13 AM
I agree that he needs to write that e-mail if the OW pops her head out again and the content you suggested is perfectly neutral but to the point.  The question is whether or not he'll have the doodads to write and send it.

If he does, it WILL "flare the drama" regardless and he is going to need to suck it up and deal with it, preferably by blocking her from contacting him.  There are ways... like sending mail from a certain sender direct to the trash folder & so on but this is something HE needs to WANT to do, to close the freaking door forever, lock it and toss the key in the key in the river.

You can "help" him but, like an alcoholic, it only works if he is really committed to the action.... The words are there and that is a start. Let's see if he follows up the words with concrete actions....

I REALLY hope that he will!
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

M
#38: May 12, 2020, 02:40:11 AM
Hope, what a nightmare. Your shaking was such a sign of fear. I'm glad your H saw it. He needs to know what his affair did to you. I think you have behaved brilliantly. You nipped it in the bud, didn't let him get away with anything, demanded he confess, and pretty much set up one heck of a boundary.

Regarding what he should write the next time (which she will do) when she contacts. I like your response, although I would have left out the wishing her much happiness in the future. The time for that expression was the first time he told her he was staying with you. Now, she could take it as gentleness. She could still come on. I would make his reply as non emotional, non kind as possible. In fact, I would go with something even stronger, like I don't want to hear from you again.....and then the rest of your message.

I think it's definitely positive that your H wants to be transparent and that he confesses his love for you and desire for life with you. I also think it's positive that you ask him if he still thinks of her, and he answers honestly. Must be awful to hear it, so well done you. He really can't do much more than this at this point.

Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

• Mentor
#39: May 12, 2020, 03:10:52 AM
I have to agree with Milly. no best wishes in the future.  She will see an opening.
He doesn't need to wish her anything.

I found men speak/write much more directly than women do.

If she contacts him again (which she may not) how about letting him write it first and see how he does?  He may feel better if the words come from him.  Besides she knows how he talks, you don't want it to sound like something you wrote.

Just a suggestion.   ;)

Oh and then block her!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 03:12:32 AM by Thunder »
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.