Author Topic: My Story As Flavor Fleets

H
My Story As Flavor Fleets
OP: December 22, 2022, 07:28:37 AM
XW55
M58
Together 27 years & Married 22 at BD & 25 at D-Day
S24 S22
BD 9/29/19 (Moved out unannounced while I was away for weekend with no prior warning.)
Served D on 10/19/20 and D Final 11/10/2022

H
Re: As Flavor Fleets
#1: December 22, 2022, 07:32:34 AM

As for the mind of the MLCer, it's tough to make sense of what is actually going through our XWs minds.   If you had told me what would have happened to me over the past couple of years 5 years ago, I would have never believed it.  In some respect, I think the MLCer compartmentalizes their life and shuts out the old life.   How awful that must be?

HF,

I agree with the compartmentalization, it must be awful to throw away such a long period of your life.

HD
XW55
M58
S24 S22
BD 9/29/19 (Moved out unannounced while I was away for weekend with no prior warning.)

H
#2: December 22, 2022, 07:52:13 AM
So here is the story behind my new thread title.  May need some of the more refined members to help me get meaning from below:

While cleaning off the kitchen table that S21 uses for personal storage I came across an art and literary magazine.  Me being a farm boy and engineer my first thought was to pitch it in the recycle bin but something urged me to open it up and take a look.  I was surprised to see an entry penned by said son.  Evidently he is a poet and I didn't know it.  I have read it multiple times and I get something different from it each time.  I think I'll keep it.

As Flavor Fleets
by S21 Junior in Electrical Engineering

Taste
Make Haste
Let not that wonder go to waste
Indulge not to fill but for flavor
Sweet savor
All else is but a caloric favor
That I may not waver
But hear this... not gluttony
But greed
Yes, greed of the tongue
The rosebuds have stung
Now giving way
To a sharper inhalation
This now discarded delight
Brings relief
And grief

HD

XW55
M58
S24 S22

R
As Flavor Fleets
#3: December 23, 2022, 08:12:22 AM
Wow, quite a poet. Very complex.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
As Flavor Fleets
#4: January 08, 2023, 08:18:16 PM
Interesting.  I love poetry.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

H
#5: February 05, 2024, 07:17:09 PM
Time for an update,

Life is good.  Still hitting the gym 3-4 days a week and walking daily.  Put on 5lbs and am now only 15lbs below pre BD weight which is a healthy weight for me. Work is good as our firm had our best year ever.  I am starting to think about retirement but don’t have any concrete plans as of yet. Go out with friends 3 nights a week and vacation twice a year with my usual crew.  4 year BD and 1 year divorce anniversaries passed with minimal feelings.  Not dating but have some new female friends that I socialize with.

S24 is still taking a break from white collar work. This year he has worked at a BSA high adventure camp in the Florida Keys, a fall camp in WV teaching elementary kids outdoor skills, and is now back in Colorado working at a ski resort.  He seems to be enjoying life to the fullest.  I only provide guidance if asked.  He has applied to graduate school for a masters in an engineering technology that will start in late summer if accepted.  He lives with me in between assignments.

S22 graduated with his BSEE in May (3.99GPA) and has started law school.  Fortunately he has a full tuition scholarship so I only assist with room and board.  He is planning on focusing on intellectual property law and has been interviewing for summer internships.  Kid is a genius.  Kind of humbling when you have to face that your kids are smarter that you.

My XMIL still sends me holiday and b-day greeting cards.  She calls me occasionally to chat and ask about my parents and the boys.  I never mention or ask about XW.

XW??  She’s a full time vanisher and haven’t heard from her in over a year.  S24 told me he had lunch with her this spring after not seeing her in over 2 years.  S22 hasn’t seen her in over 2 years which I assume is his choice.  I do hope that one day she gets it together and attempts to reconcile with them.

HD

XW55
M58
S24 S22

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#6: February 06, 2024, 06:37:42 AM
XW??  She’s a full time vanisher and haven’t heard from her in over a year.  S24 told me he had lunch with her this spring after not seeing her in over 2 years.  S22 hasn’t seen her in over 2 years which I assume is his choice.  I do hope that one day she gets it together and attempts to reconcile with them.

Maybe she will, maybe she won't. Her circus to deal with if and when.

Sound like you are doing well though as are your sons......
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
As Flavor Fleets
#7: February 15, 2024, 09:02:42 PM
Great update HD.  Sounds like you and your boys are doing well!

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.