Skip to main content

Author Topic:  My story

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
Re: My story
#90: January 14, 2024, 01:34:59 PM
I so agree Ready!!

I’m  away again for wknd skiing and I don’t hear from her as usual. She only texts (if im not home) about dog or kids. She Will occasionally ask what I want from store when going and we talk a little at home a couple times during week about topics other than kids and $.

Now when  I call - she always answers. If I text - always responds quickly. If I need something  (sign on info Roku for ex) she gives it to me. It’s seems it’s easier for her to communicate w/o seeing me but it’s rarely initiated by her. She spends alot of time on phone (can only imagine what she’s doing) doing things I’m sure I don’t wanna know about …

Do they sometimes fall back into old habits of kinda “being your partner” at times ? Last week I was given “I dont  wanna be your friend” line …

I know it doesn’t make sense …. Ever … but just addtl odd behavior.

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#91: January 15, 2024, 12:19:32 PM
This is a wonderful podcast to listen to … esp the whole love but not in love line..

It doesn’t change anything with our MLC spouses but made a TON of sense. They could benefit from it if they could hear the words …

Enjoy !!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-love-you-learn-podcast/id1654761308?i=1000611365979

t
My story
#92: January 16, 2024, 01:44:40 PM
Lost88- I know you asked about Tarot cards.... there is a woman on YouTube (Following Frenna) and she has talked about people in limerence how they often use tarot cards to give them hope about their LO.  Just wanted to put that out there.
B

W

WHY

My story
#93: January 16, 2024, 02:41:35 PM
Lost88- I know you asked about Tarot cards.... there is a woman on YouTube (Following Frenna) and she has talked about people in limerence how they often use tarot cards to give them hope about their LO.  Just wanted to put that out there.
B

Holy $ht.  This makes soooooo much sense now.  That astrology thing was about her LO all along.  I get it now.

F
  • Be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves
#94: January 17, 2024, 06:30:26 AM
I so agree Ready!!

I’m  away again for wknd skiing and I don’t hear from her as usual. She only texts (if im not home) about dog or kids. She Will occasionally ask what I want from store when going and we talk a little at home a couple times during week about topics other than kids and $.

Now when  I call - she always answers. If I text - always responds quickly. If I need something  (sign on info Roku for ex) she gives it to me. It’s seems it’s easier for her to communicate w/o seeing me but it’s rarely initiated by her. She spends alot of time on phone (can only imagine what she’s doing) doing things I’m sure I don’t wanna know about …

Do they sometimes fall back into old habits of kinda “being your partner” at times ? Last week I was given “I dont  wanna be your friend” line …

I know it doesn’t make sense …. Ever … but just addtl odd behavior.

Yes I have seen the same pattern : when we are far away (me in holidays with children or W somewhere else), W is better at comunicating and she is again able to say or write "hello", "good night", "bye", what is more difficult (almost impossible) when she is at home.

W is not doing tarot cards, but she is always asking questions to a fortune teller in her country : I call her the witch, she is actually kind of another OP bis in my eyes.
M 44, W43. Married 18 years, together 21
3 children D17, D15, S6
OM discovered Dec 22, BD Jan 23 (few days after)
W still living at home
Aimer, c'est donner sans attendre de retour et tout acte est prière, s'il est don de soi (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)
Love means to give without expecting return, and every act is a prayer if it is a self-gift. (thanks OffRoad !)

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#95: January 22, 2024, 06:10:12 AM
Had an absolutely crazy weekend that did not involve my wife, but her family. Specifically, her mother and brother who both have their own major issues. This had a major effect on my son because it happened while I was outside, and I only caught the tail end of it. Anyway, I chose not to call my wife and tell her about it since we were coming home the following day, and there was nothing she could do. As soon as we got home, my son shared it with her and she was a little perturbed that I had not called and got her up to speed. I told her he was safe. My managed it. Our son did a great job and whether you found out yesterday or today it made no difference. We then discussed the lack of communication which took on a life of itself. My wife told me she cares about me but doesn’t want to do things with me. She wants to have communications and be friends  But doesn’t wanna do social things and be completely separate. I told her that’s very difficult to understand when you live with someone and want to be friends but don’t wanna do anything with them. There have been time she’s texted me to get to work safely and I didn’t respond.  And I told her I just don’t understand anything that you’re doing while you’re doing it and when I ask you, you say you don’t know. Ultimately I can see where this is headed since she has wanted to separate and get a divorce from day one. She continues to tell me I’ve done nothing wrong and she cares about me but she just doesn’t wanna be married any longer. I told her eventually she’s going to get what she wants because I’m not going to stand. I told her I felt like she was making a rational decisions and was probably going to regret this. She said she understood that and she very well may. She was a little softer though, and wasn’t as hard on the phone saying that she wants to communicate, she has no ill wishes towards me, doesn’t hate me, and knows this is what she is doing to try to make herself happy. I told her that several weeks ago when we were away for two days straight I had the darkest day of my life in and while it was needed, it was my rock-bottom. I told her I’d begun healing and accepted. I told her she’s not the same person that I’ve known for 20+ years. That the amount of lies and false narratives have taken their toll on me and I no longer believe anything she tells me. I told her that I’ll always care about her, but I still remember the person that she was not the person that she is.  surprisingly she sat and listened and had very little to say. I said My future is not with her and then I’m going to make the best decisions for me and the kids while she does whatever it feels she needs to do. It’s painful. My heart breaks for everyone going through this, but at the same time sometimes in life, you can’t be the only one fighting. We shall see her next steps but I’ve been clear where I’m at mentally and have no expectations. She of course, said that she plans on us being friends forever since we have to coparent and we’ve had so many wonderful years together. I told her I can’t promise her anything about the future, in fact for her to believe that we’re going to check in and stay close When she’s pushing to dissolve the marriage with the only reason she no longer “ in love”with me is something I can’t accept. I just said life is about choices and choices have consequences. We make them each and every day summer thought out more than others and some will play out to be positive or negative. And time will only tell how this one will.

I’ll admit MLC is stronger and colder than I ever expected and while my W doesn’t  monster the pain is all the same or even worse. Or atleast it used to be .. There are many hard days ahead before I start anew but walking on egg shells eggshells and just letting things play out are scenarios I will no longer tolerate. Everyone’s journey is different and we chose our path accordingly … we shall see how this moves forward but it seems obvious to me

A sharp knife cuts the deepest but hurts the least …..

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
My story
#96: January 26, 2024, 10:57:57 AM
You are absolutely right lost.  Choices do have consequences and no one can control how those play out. 

The walking on eggshells was the most tiring, hardest part of this journey for me.  Once I got out of there and could breathe again I was able to focus more on my healing, rather than ripping the band-aid off on the daily.  But he wanted a quick divorce, so it made sense for me to get out of there.

Major, major kudos to those who live with the MLCer long term.  Tough stuff.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#97: February 08, 2024, 03:55:12 PM
Opinions wanted on negative forces …
As we all try to navigate our spouses minds of jello … I have come to a rather alarming conclusion …
I believe MLC is being driven by a negative energy force.. satan, Lucifer, demonic , etc …
What continues to blow my mind is the consistent behavior of those in MLC … but even more unnerving are the words and phrases they all use. We all reference the “script” but that has to be programmed somewhere .. they all didn’t read the same book … I’ll add my dog has been acting strange the past few weeks … scared of areas and cowering And staring at walls … either he needs Prozac or he see / senses something. He’s a 65lb boxer pit and doesn’t fear anything ….
There’s more to them all saying the same common phrases … has to be !!
My wife shared she napped last week on the couch and awakened to her normal self .. I was her hubby, this was her home, her kids were at school and she was happy with her life / surroundings … but shortly thereafter - those feelings dissipated and the anxiety and desire to get out came back w a vengeance. Told me she loves me but just can be around me …She will be moving out within the next month or 2 …..

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
My story
#98: February 11, 2024, 06:53:16 PM
Hello,

I also agree that negative forces impact the MLCer. In fact, most develop a fixed mindset that their actions are the only way to save themselves. They only think of themselves and in almost a sense of despair they act out in the craziest ways.

You just need to focus on your care and your children. Now you know that you will be fine no matter what the outcome. That's a positive growth mindset that will open you up to accept any outcome knowing you will be just fine.

Have a great day,

(((Ready)))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

l
  • Trial Subscriber
  • Ready to be finished
#99: February 24, 2024, 03:59:14 PM
Haven’t posted in a bit but here’s my update. I’m doing well overall and have detached accordingly. My W has signed a lease and moving out starting tomorrow. Kids are aware now and upset but doing ok. She has lied to them about things and they know it. She finally told her mom who is very disappointed but not surprised. My MIL (whom I don’t care for) wants us to to still do holidays together but that’s not gonna work for me. She told her mom she needs to “find herself”.We may not D right after she leaves but it’s for sure in our future. My D, who’s very close to my W, doesn’t think I should give her any $ per month or from assets since she wants out … luv her but that’s not the law. Financially this will be a massive hit .. a payday for her but a real kick in the balls for me ..
I’ve had enough of the lies and deception. She’s not even very good at !   I’m not at all surprised it’s coming to this since my wife is a very confident person. I almost feel like I’ve been used but … my kids know this is all her, and I’ve been a good husband and father .. that’s all that really matters to me …. It’s hard to stomach that things were fine 5 months ago and now she’s packing like a bunny … oh well F’ it.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.