Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies

• Mentor
Off-Topic Re: Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#10: October 24, 2019, 07:10:23 AM
That's sad to hear, OP.  Thank you for letting us know.
I remember his name but I don't know if I ever posted to him.

Please let El know I'm sorry he lost a friend.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Covenant for Life
#11: March 31, 2020, 11:47:29 AM
Covenant for Life's daughter posted on her FB page that she passed away yesterday from her long battle with cancer. I know several of us were friends with her, but for those that aren't familiar with her story, she truly embodied her chosen forum name with grace and lived a beautiful life with her family, post-divorce. She held true to her stand, but did not quit living, even in suffering with health issues. An inspiration!

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
Covenant for Life
#12: March 31, 2020, 12:12:53 PM
Oh, I am so sorry... She and I were very friendly at one point here on the forum.

May she rest in peace and may God comfort her son and daughter.
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

• Mentor
Covenant for Life
#13: March 31, 2020, 12:23:32 PM
Prayers for her and her family. Thanks Ready for passing this along.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
Covenant for Life
#14: March 31, 2020, 03:03:52 PM
Hello,

I am so sad to hear this. During her time here, she provided a lot of support to all of us through her faith. I enjoyed reading her posts and I know she helped a lot of people on the forum. She lived and died with integrity and in her own words, she has finished her time here and has rejoined Jesus.

(((Hugs))) to all,

Ready

"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
Covenant for Life
#15: March 31, 2020, 04:55:29 PM
She sounds lovely; I wish I had the opportunity to interact with her.
She's in heaven now.
Peace to her family.

Sea

Covenant for Life
#16: March 31, 2020, 06:16:56 PM
She was a dear friend and inspiration to me for all the years of my stand.  We talked many times and I’ll never forget the amazing act of generosity when she sent my son, who had been very sad, a gift that made him smile from ear to ear.  He remembered instantly this morning as the kids and I honored her after hearing the news.  She was a true Covenant Keeper and I regret missing out on the chance to meet her IRL.  So happy that she lived to see her granddaughter and make many happy memories with her.  Absent in the body, present with the Lord.
One day at a time.

Thundarr

Re: Covenant for Life
#17: April 03, 2020, 02:18:16 PM
Here is her tribute: https://www.gazettextra.com/obituaries/karen-carlson-linzmeier/article_87bc1738-3b51-5611-911e-5ab986983be7.html

I feel safe posting this, though it identifies her, because clearly her family was aware of her stand, and probably aware of her presence here. If it's not appropriate, feel free to remove the link. Also, if someone who has the ability could add her to the RIP thread, that would be great.

RCR Here: Ready2Transform, thank you so much for letting us know. I thought I would leave this thread up for a little while and then merge it to the RIP thread.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 02:25:36 PM by Rollercoasterider »

• Mentor
Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#18: May 13, 2020, 04:52:52 PM
offwhitelily passed away May 12, 2020.

She was 52.

Thread to post on is here ( since this one is locked and only for announcements)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11463.0

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:55:24 AM by OldPilot »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

• Mentor
Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#19: May 13, 2020, 08:45:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Covenant for Life's passing.  I too was touched by her strength and conviction. She has left a legacy in many ways, including here on the forum.
Phoenix
Married 24 years
Together 30
D (young adult now)
BD 2010
He is a vanisher
Divorced 2016

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.