Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Advertisements

M
Off-Topic Re: Advertisements
#20: January 19, 2020, 05:06:36 AM
I have had the typical, How to Know if your spouse is cheating on you and why men pull away. Interesting one last night about What kind of sheep are you? I liked the one with the black and white swirls. Somehow the internet knows what kind of car I drive and that it is past its prime. Other very random ones about how to mix concrete and bacteria taking over the earth.
BD and moved out 9/2017
M 30 years at BD, together 34

N
  • MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
Re: Advertisements
#21: January 19, 2020, 06:11:37 AM
Other very random ones about how to mix concrete and bacteria taking over the earth.

;D ROTFLMAO.

Maybe you should go check if your shower needs scrubbing or you have loose paving stones in your backyard that need reattaching with concrete. Maybe they know something about you that you don't.

N
#22: January 19, 2020, 06:34:28 AM
I was just on another site and saw an ad for this t-shirt. My first thought was this ad really is the kind that should be on HS:
https://6dollarshirts.com/no-youre-right-lets-do-it-the-dumbest-way-possible-because-its-easier-for-you?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYz01fCP5wIVBoqnCh3q-QiTEAEYASAEEgIwm_D_BwE

M
#23: January 19, 2020, 08:05:50 AM
I keep getting ads about the benefits of eating eggs. ;D Nothing at all to do with my browsing history. And quite honestly, it makes me smile when I see the ad.

#24: January 19, 2020, 08:29:08 AM
m.myblackpartner.com/ppc.php?dynamicpage=mbp_mlp_5st_memb_t&utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=mob&utm_campaign=content&utm_term=usa&utm_campaignid=1356218609&ppc_cp=3000000110&clkid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYS4Y97gEJeCEgRv3ERwSEcPBXjBadVzyi-zplzkxpyLinNOfi2iNqkaAszzEALw_wcB&utm_campaignid=1356218609&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYS4Y97gEJeCEgRv3ERwSEcPBXjBadVzyi-zplzkxpyLinNOfi2iNqkaAszzEALw_wcB

Well this is the ad that greeted me this morning.
if people won’t listen to you, there’s no point in talking to people. If they won’t listen, you’re just banging your head against a wall.

Sadly Ive used up all the time I had allotted to spend banging my head on the wall

• Mentor
#25: January 19, 2020, 11:36:00 AM
I'm like NYM and browse incognito.it does concern me what the "random" ads are, though. So many places will set you up with only "family"appropriate ads or certain types of ads. I wonder if that is a possibility  with this company.

Teen rehab. I can guarantee I've never browsed for that.....
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

N
#26: January 19, 2020, 01:48:39 PM
I just came from mego's thread to here and this ad was under offroad's post

https://www.ndsbs.com/assessment/mental-health-assessment

s
#27: January 20, 2020, 06:12:59 PM
I’m also getting a mix of dating, cheating, and mental health ads.   I understand the need to pay for the site but these would have scared me off as a newby AND they are intrusively places on the page.  The forum is also not behaving the same as it did before.  I used to be able to click “all” pages and then “go down” to see the most recent post but now that series of clicks puts me at the bottom of page 1 of 3 or 4 no matter how many pages there are.  This means I can either only select the last page and scroll on my phone screen a lot or I can select all and scroll A LOT on my phone screen.  There has to be a better way.
H: 44
M: 45
M: 2003, T: 2001, Friends: 1996
No kids
2 dogs, 2 cats
BD1 (Summer 2014) "We aren't happy, I should move out, we should divorce"  Nothing happened.
Nov 2014 we moved across the country for H's job
BD2 (July 2015) "I'm not happy.  I want a divorce"  H moves out for 2 weeks.
BD3 (Nov 2017) H takes a new job 2 hours away and moves out.
BD4 (September 2018) OW2 discovered despite claims there has never been one.  She outs MOW1 and discloses that H filed for Divorce, but has not served me.  OW2 dumps him.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#28: January 21, 2020, 09:54:25 AM
I'm still working with Ezoic. I've mentioned the issue and they have not responded to it...because they are focused in their responses on another issue I think. We are still trying to fix an issue with a file integration and that might help with what ads you are seeing. I did ask that they respond to that question about inappropriate content and placement of ads, hopefully they will and I won't have tokeep harping on them about it.
Someof the problem as I see it seems to be that they have the blog and forum as a sigle unit when they are putting placeholders for where the ads go. This makes no sense for the different platforms. They need to treat them separately.

#29: January 22, 2020, 02:16:07 AM
Rollercoasterider... I hope things go well with Ezoic. I do have some professional experience with them.  Like every company of this type, all they truly seem to care is maximizing the profit regardless of means (and I get, it brings bread and butter for them).  For some websites/owners it is all ok, for others it can be kiss of death. So my professional advice (and that is coming from place of 20+ years with digital advertizing) is to proceed carefully.

As you so well identified there are two isses at work: ad location and ad contents.

Ad location is something you and Ezoic should work together to find the optimal solution.  And that is pretty much what Ezoic is specialized in doing... That said, they don't know your audience the level you do. So talk to your account manager (contact) at Ezoic, and make him/her understand the differences between casual/new visitors and return visitors, as well as your personal wishes.  If you don't interact with them, they will run a number of pointless A/B-tests (from agressive to less-agressive) that are guaranteed to annoy regular users to extremes.

What you and Ezoic cannot control much is ad contents.  Fortunately that is something each of us can manage on personal level.  For example if the ads Ezoic is serving are coming from Google Ads Network (as they oftentimes are), one-time visit at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated will allow Google to know what kind of ads you are interested of.  It will make the ads "less annoying" and more targeted to each's personal interests.  This in turn will likely mean each of us will click the ads more often, and that way would provide more revenue/money to keep this place up and running.  Maybe this is something that should be added to "welcoming package" everyone on the forum receives from the OldPilot - just a thought.

Alvin
At time of BD.... Me: 43, XW: 41
Kids: G19,G18,G14,G12,S5
Together - 20½ Years, Married 19 Years

BD ("I don't love you"): Feb 2019, 
BD2 ("I don't want to fix this marriage."), Mar 2020
D filed May 2020, D finalized Dec 2020
I have moved on, and am in new relationship.

Lessons from Stoicism and REBT helped me to exit the chaos zone and become a better person. 

"Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not. - Epictetus"

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.