Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Rebuilding Adopting a New Life IV

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
My Story Rebuilding Adopting a New Life IV
OP: May 17, 2016, 10:06:35 AM
Previous thread: http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=4326.0;all

Breathe...
My last thread is only a few posts from the 150 limit and this is a perfect time for a new thread.

No update on my Dad other than to confirm what I said the other day. I called him yesterday and he couldn't even talk to me and this was the first time that has ever happened. He was able answer, but then had to give the phone to my step mother which was good because I wanted to check in and see how she is doing since she is his full time caregiver.

Life goes on and grief and joy come together. We got a call for another baby yesterday. She is drug addicted and we will pick her up from UW hospital tomorrow--that is about a 3 hour drive away, so it will be a trip over the mountains with the toddlers for us. We will get more details tonight--like um, what time to be there which seems kind of important  ;) ;) Sissy's Godmother will meet us there to watch the kids while we get instructions regarding the new baby (and she's a recently retired social worker for children's services!
We don't even know the baby's name yet--though she is a girl and I think she was born last week.
There are two men who could be the father--current boyfriend or past boyfriend.
Current boyfriend has been ruled out--so it seems.
Past boyfriend will absolutley take and raise the baby--he is raising the other baby he has with her mother. So we will have her until DNA tests are complete at the shortest--so we have been told for now.
Mom says the Dad is the current boyfriend, but admits she was with both around the time of conception, so really it could be either.

WHEW...what else to say. Um, breathe. I've been running around like a headless chicken to sort things out--my dad, new baby and then my LBS cousin called this morning crying and in a panic because his MLC ex-wife is taking him back to court--he has sole custody of their girls. He's not Standing. She is typical MLC--in the way I say that sometimes the female MLCers can be the worst. It breaks my heart because I love her so--she was an amazing lady and then about 3 years ago BOMB.

Okay, a baby is crying, so gotta go help Chuck

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Re: Adopting a New Life IV
#1: May 17, 2016, 04:42:42 PM
Brief update
The baby will not be released tomorrow and we are now being told it could be 2-3 days and that we should hopefully know the night before.
I also learned that she is ~ 5lbs (~2.3 kg) and was born on 10 May.

#2: May 17, 2016, 06:40:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your dad is getting worst.  You've said on your previous thread he was on marijuana and other pain killers and none was doing much to help him be pain free. That is so sad and so hard.

The baby is a drug addict? Or is the mother who is a drug addict? Or both? I'm confused on who is the drug addicted.

Your friends and the children are in my thoughts and so is the baby and your family.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Mentor
#3: May 17, 2016, 06:44:54 PM
If mom was using drugs during her pregnancy and especially close to her delivery the baby could be addicted and would require treatment. I hope mom was one of the smart ones who stopped using when she found out she was pregnant.

Good luck RCR, you are in my prayers.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

#4: May 17, 2016, 07:08:22 PM
If mom was using drugs during her pregnancy and especially close to her delivery the baby could be addicted and would require treatment. I hope mom was one of the smart ones who stopped using when she found out she was pregnant.

I know. That is why I asked. I truly hope the baby has not born addicted. If so, I hope she will be well after treatment.
Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#5: May 17, 2016, 08:51:22 PM
The baby's mom is a drug user and her drug use caused the baby to be born addicted. She has been going through withdrawals at the hospital--and she was moved to that hospital which is a major trauma hospital, so it's serious. Though her withdrawals may not be as bad as Fire's were; he was in the hospital longer and before being transferred there he had to be resuscitated. He also had seizures which are on the spectrum for drug babies, but not really that common. He was also transferred by being airlifted, whereas I'm not sure she was--I asked, but the sical worker did not confirm that.

R
#6: May 17, 2016, 08:57:32 PM
Such a sad thing that someone else's poor decisions impact a brand new life so dramatically. Hugs to you for caring for these beautiful babies.

S
  • Mentor
#7: May 17, 2016, 10:06:55 PM
Good luck with the baby girl RCR, she deserves a good break in her short and difficult life.
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories,
I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bullet and you find yourself replying: ""She loved me more than anyone else in the entire world and I tried to destroy her."  He failed by the way. 
http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=8412(Denjef's thread)

#8: May 18, 2016, 04:42:10 PM
Hope all goes well with the baby.

#9: May 18, 2016, 04:43:35 PM
 :'(  So unfair. Prayers she's able to be stabilized with you guys, soon.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.