Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Take Your Time, You'll Get There Quicker

t
My Story Take Your Time, You'll Get There Quicker
#20: April 05, 2024, 07:06:21 AM
Hahaha KD  :P ain’t no party like a 24 month party! (S-Club 7 people will understand this) Life on the other side is pretty similair from where you’re standing! But from what I’ve read I think we match well personality-wise and deal with the situation in the same kind of ways.

I recognize totally that everything triggers less but that sometimes our (x)H’s sweep us down with them when we’re in contact! Mostly I’m okay but I’ve had a trigger last weekend and was down this week, but I recover faster and faster so that means we’re in a healing path!

It’s beautifull to love so deeply, I do the same! I wouldn’t have it any other way. I was really afraid that this experience would lead to trust issues or not loving entirely again but I’m still (sort of) the same person I was. If I love someone I’m all in! It may lead to another heartbreak in the future but this experience also learned that I can survive that heartbreak. “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”
Together for 15 years, married for 4 years
H: 33, me: 33, D: 1,5
BD: april '22 (EA + 'I want to live alone, have no responsibilities')
Left home: june '22
Divorce final: october '22

“They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they’re not.” ~ Charles J. Orlando

R
Take Your Time, You'll Get There Quicker
#21: April 05, 2024, 07:09:11 PM
It may lead to another heartbreak in the future but this experience also learned that I can survive that heartbreak.

Yes, and this is true for all sorts of things, including new relationships. We can survive the worst of heartbrakes and survive. A really important and hard leason.

K
Take Your Time, You'll Get There Quicker
#22: April 08, 2024, 01:03:58 AM
Thank you all for the affirmative words. And I love the image of slowing dissipating waves.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.