Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion  MLC in the News: Celebrities, News Stories, etc. Part 5

M
Treasur, Oxford!! I knew you were brainy!!
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

;D a lot of pretty stupid people go to good universities though...I think Boris proves that point!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:56:44 AM by Treasur »
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
Treasur - I never knew.....

What a hoot and I would agree with your last post!

I taught many students, who had no understanding of the world, go off to uni and still have no understanding of the world after graduation.  But that's life I guess.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

Boris is anything but stupid. A man that speaks at least 5 languages and writes goood books about Classics is not stupid. He is an idiot and likes to cause troubles, be it personal, national or international. Like his (and thoose other Dave's mates that wanted to set some old scores with him) Leave bus.

Oxbridge is full of stupid people as are any other universities. On the other hand, there is no shortage of very intelligent people who never went to university.

The No Fault Divorce plague is spreading. It is not a good thing despite what some people think. It only levels what is not at the same level, like a cheater and the cheated spouse, etc. No Fault is great for a cheater, nope, not their fault, even the law says so. Bah!

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. (Marilyn Monroe)

M
Anjae, I have to agree with you on the No fault divorce, not that I'm very knowledgeable about it, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Regarding Boris, yes very intelligent people can be really stupid. My H is one of those,  super intelligent, highly educated from a hard to get into US university, but he's a total idiot now.   

But the majority of people who get into Oxford are very clever - and nice! Treasur, is the example!
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
And that's what's so clever about Boris - he gets attention even from us here on HS - he knows how to create interest by doing and saying stupid things.

That said - if he is in MLC - he is an expert in masking depression. I suspect though that this is the case and he is in complete denial which would actually match up to lots of things he has said and done over the last few years.  Makes trouble and then walks away blaming someone else. 

BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
Wasn’t sure where to put this but there is a movie coming out about MLC starting Edie Falco. Begins streaming on Netflix on September 14. It’s called The Land of Steady Habits.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

• Mentor
Oouuu, gonna have to caught that one, Nas.

Thanks for the heads up.
Hope it's realistic.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

M
Me, too, can't wait to check it out!
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
 Here is the synopsis:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/land-steady-habits-trailer-ben-mendelsohn-takes-new-life-1136984

Looks like it will be at least more realistic than other films or writings about MLC. From reading this, it looks like the man in MLC comes to regret his choices. It says that he is unhappy with his new life.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.