Archives > Archived Topics

Discussion Just Looking for ideas

(1/2) > >>

BobA:
I'm have lived a Nomadic life living in a custom showhauler (RV) for the last 15 years and love the life style.  I'm a pastry chef.  I mostly do seasonal work and will move somewhere to work for 6 to 9 months and them move back to the east coast for the winter.  I have been on the winning team of a few competitions and the primary chef in the top 10 of a few pastry competitions.

2018 in early I got divorced, no kids, and she was cheating on me.

Late 2019 my dad got sick and died.  I bought a duplex near my brother and remolded the one side for my mom and got her moved in.  I remodeled the other side for my brothers family and moved from his apartment.  I'm still living in the driveway as we get all the odds and ends finished.  I have been working part time as a baker for the last 14 months.

The only real jobs that I'm finding for 2021 (in the US) are in Alaska so far.  I'm not sure I want to work in Alaska again.  With the uncertainty from COVID it looks like a lot of the higher end seasonal jobs are going to get filled by locals this year.

I'm not near any good jobs that I want to work.
I'm kinda in a rut and have not been happy for the last 9 months or so.

I'm open for any advice. 

Ready2Transform:
That's a toughie, BobA! It's great that you've had a lifestyle you love, though. Being mobile really does give you options (I hope, even in the age of COVID!).

I know some high end chefs selling their meal plans online, and sometimes doing the meal prep and delivery for private clients. Just throwing that out there. It's not my field, but I do marketing and content creation and love brainstorming, so I'm happy to jump in with a few things that come to mind. I don't know how entrepreneurial you might want to go, but the food truck industry still seems to be pretty strong here in the midwest.

BobA:
COVID has limited my traveling, but I have still been able to take some nice trips.  My mom has been on a few trips.

The food plans would I putout are for fattening people up in an unhealthy way.  I'm not sure that would work very well and I know most people would not be able to make the pastries and candies.

There is a lot of stuff that background stuff that goes into doing a food truck, not just the food truck it self.  Moving from with a food truck is not that easy.
Festivals are setup differently for the vendors.  I have done the festival circuit (worked for other people) a few times, but most festivals to iffy right now.

spock:
When I met my MLCer, he was traveling and our lifestyle was pretty nomadic, moving every year or so and eventually settled back at his home country. We are always together and so, trying to get used to a life when we're not together has been really, really hard. It was a shock to me.

When we separated, I needed to GAL and started traveling and spending time outdoor and hiking more, which I loved! I met plenty of new friends this way too. Perhaps if you like camping/outdoor, spend more time outdoor for camping, hikes, road trips, traveling (probably not so much during COVID), fishing? Maybe online blog for your cool recipes?

After the separation, i forced myself to be independent, even more so than before. I got my own car, first time living on my own and most recently just purchased my own home after having to save my deposit (again) after the MLCer took half of it to spend on OWs / other MLCer fancy things. Once the dust settles, I am hoping to take on running/riding more seriously and enter duathlon/triathlon races when I am ready.

Father5:
Hi Spock.

What if you look for restaurants that are suffering from COVID. I am certain there are some people that would love to get out from under their businesses right now.  This could give you a cheap entry and help someone else out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version