Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story standing on my own two feet

My Story Re: standing on my own two feet
#10: December 21, 2015, 09:19:33 AM
You are damn right you deserve better than this.

Circular conversations will get you no where. So stop having them with him.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.What you allow continues.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

Re: standing on my own two feet
#11: December 21, 2015, 09:23:29 AM
He is not even close to seeing the power lies within to stop the cycling. I believe you'll know he's there when he seeks non-court ordered psychiatric help. He has a lot of issues, and he knows that, but as long as he runs from them, it won't get better.

The marriage hurts. :( Give yourself time and space to grieve. It punched me in the gut harder than I expected, but I'm okay now.

But be mindful of some things regarding the union, too. If it's not legal - how does this impact his probation? Because bigamy is a crime, and committing a crime while on probation may nullify the probation, correct? Does his probation officer know what's going on?

If it IS legal - transfer as many joint assets as possible right now into your name. Bank account will become half hers. House will become half hers. That's a lot of why these women do it. If you can get a text or email where he declares it to be yours - all the better, but not as legal as legally making it all yours. This is to protect what you've shared, and most importantly - the kids.

Have a backup plan if she suddenly starts pushing for visitation with the kids out there. Not to be scary, but we know from other threads here that sometimes they just do it to be mean to us, because they CAN. Go into mama bear mode. :)

• MLCer Type: Clinging Boomerang
#12: December 21, 2015, 09:32:40 AM
His probation officer knows his love life is extremely complicated and he wasnt really happy about him getting married to ow cause he knows how unstable it is. He'll be off probation soon, well supervised probation at least. He will be on unsupervised. He isnt on my house stuff so no worries there and he will be taken off the bank account soon. As far as visitation goes, she isnt allowed near the kids. He has to come here or we go see him and he stays with us at a hotel. She hates them and they hate her.

Im not really upset by any of this. I thought I would be but im not.

Oh im not haveing circular conversations with him. Its him and ow that are going in circles. I end things when they get repetitive. I dont entertain his nonsense. Last night i hung up on him. I dont care anymore.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
secret trip with OW June 2014
moved out to live with OW July 2014
left state with ow to go to treatment Nov 2014
Ow gave birth to OC June 2015
h is on probation back here at home
H married ow dec 2015 while still being legally married to me
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA
still says he loves me but he has to grow as a person

#13: December 21, 2015, 08:03:37 PM
So I just learned that ow isnt even telling anyone they are married. Shes saying they are engaged. Showing off the ring her mom bought as her engagement ring. Thats low. I kind of feel bad for him a little on that one. What a b!tc#.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

• Mentor
#14: December 22, 2015, 01:09:22 PM
Good BI,

He has finally done it.  Got you to a point where you have had enough and you don't care.  I feel sorry for him.
He lost something pretty special.

I think Ready is under the assumption that you two were married.  I know you are as far as your culture goes but not recognized by the states.  Right?
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

#15: December 22, 2015, 03:44:43 PM
According to the law here we are legally married and needed to get a divorce before he married again. Even then hed have to wait 6 months after the divorce was final to get remarried. So yes he is legally my husband. Yes he is currently commiting bigamy. Yes our still legal statud is grounds for an annulment with ow.

But its his mess.

Hes been texting me all night and all day today. Full moon already staring his crazy. He told me if he decided to end it completely with her that he and i had to have a long talk about us. Well duh but im not even talking about it unless he actually does what he says and leaves her. Same old crap. Different day.
Me 40
H 43
SD 22 D20 S14 S10
bomb drop  october 2013
H returned home 4/17
EA turned PA

• Mentor
#16: December 23, 2015, 07:49:01 AM
Oh wow, so he married her while still married to you.  That's crazy.  He could go to jail for that.

I wonder if she knows this.
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Mentor
#17: December 24, 2015, 07:08:46 AM
BI,

I was just reading some stuff on common law marriages.  Not many states have that.
Did you know that if he marries it's null, not valid?  Interesting.   :)

• Mentor
#18: January 04, 2016, 05:20:59 PM
BI,

You have been on my mind a lot lately.  I hope everything is ok.

Please update us when you can....or even a hi so we know you are ok.   :)
XO

C
#19: January 04, 2016, 09:19:45 PM
Thinking of you too, BI.  :)
BD 29 Nov '13
Left home 8 June '14
Does not live with OW

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.