Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Facebook Private Group and Facebook Lives

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
Off-Topic Facebook Private Group and Facebook Lives
OP: June 16, 2020, 10:56:53 PM
Did you know that we now have a new PRIVATE Facebook Group?

Click the image to get to the group and ask to join, then answer the questions!
I  go live on Facebook every Tuesday at 10:00 am Pacific/Western Time. I've done 6 lives so far, so join the group and check them out!

F
Facebook Private Group and Facebook Lives
#1: June 24, 2020, 10:44:47 AM
That picture is hilarious:)
Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

s
#2: June 24, 2020, 11:03:02 AM
Woohoo! This will be handy for when I’m on Facebook as I sometimes don’t check the forum
Me - 31
H - 37
3 children together D6 D9 D11 (D1 D4 and D6 at the time of BD)
Together - almost 8 years

BD & MLCer moved out - November 2017
OW discovered - December 2017
Moved in with Ow - November 2019
Ow met children - December 2019

• Mentor
Re: Facebook Private Group and Facebook Lives
#3: June 24, 2020, 08:53:06 PM
I can't tell if I'm in the group not.  It just says pending.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

M
#4: June 25, 2020, 12:14:29 AM
Thank you for this. Can I ask if friends can see you're in a private group (even if they cant access it themselves?). I'm also guessing that members can see other members' facebook profiles?
I'm not sure. Thank you.
Adult S & D
BD: April 2016
Many false returns.
Effectively moved out Nov 2017 [worked away from home. Home occasional weekends]
Moved out full time: July 2018 after he renewed contact with OW.
OW: old school friend lives 200+ miles away.

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
Re: Facebook Private Group and Facebook Lives
#5: June 25, 2020, 01:56:18 AM
RCR has some people on here automatically registered by dint of your current membership but she has to "approve" aka add you when you ask.  You don't automatically join.  She has a list of emails and names set up which she activates when she checks the request list.

If you ask to join and answer the questions including the rules then you will be allowed to join.  Please remember that there can be no link to your HS moniker and your FB name. That way it creates another layer of privacy.

Yes Music45 - it is a private group.  - I understand your concerns naturally, but unless you keep logged into FB and someone else has access to your phone or laptop, then it will be completely private.   

Just make sure that your personal FB security settings prevent others from seeing too much of your profile. It is easy to do. That way people cannot access which groups you are a member of etc.... 
 For example I am on there and if you search for me you will find that my information is very limited.

I am amazed at the number of people who do not do this.   That way anyone from outside or strangers cannot access any of your bio or other details which is what FB recommends anyway. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:58:30 AM by Songanddance »
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.