Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?

Discussion How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?
#10: March 18, 2020, 06:51:40 PM
Mine is in touch almost everyday asking if we are ok. He's working 16 hour days right now as he is one of the guys in charge of making and distributing ventilators to hospitals.
H55
M54
Married 30 years, together 37
BD we’ve grown apart 12/15  ILYBINILWY 4/16
Affair discovered 12/17
H moved out 12/17
Trying to stand for the marriage.
Some reconnection, but no commitment
H mentioned Divorce twice, no action yet.

F
How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?
#11: March 18, 2020, 07:37:37 PM
Mine seems to be more helpful.  He checks in a bit more and seems a bit more like his old self.  We will see if that lasts.  He’s still on the negative side on everything he says about anything. 
Married 23 years
Husband is 46
Me-42
4 kids 9-18 years old
BD-October 2018-ILYBNIL, wants a divorce, 2 OW at different times.
April 2019 He got an apartment and moved out.
Oct 2019-Apologized for a years worth of monster behavior.  Still wants to start divorce this Spring, is distant, but friendly.  Tries more with kids, but superficial.
2020-He has continued to help out when asked and be polite.  I do think he questions his choices at times.  I do not believe he has OW.
Oct 2020-He wants to get back together.  I am unsure. 
August 2021-.  He has shown very gradual, but consistent progress.  He moved back home.
December 2022-He has been home for 1 1/2 years reconnecting, in the room with me for several months. I now consider us reconciled.
October 2023-After two years home and being the man he should be, I finally fully let him back into my heart.

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
Re: How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?
#12: March 19, 2020, 03:15:23 AM
My H is fluctuating....

He is in high risk but says he has to work. As self employed, most of that is actually isolatory in that he designs in his own studio rather than builds. And so far, his contact with other people in the business chain, so to speak, is minimal.

He is conscious of the need for caution but said yesterday that he would still go to meetings and if he got it, then so be it.  I remarked that it was ok for him to be ill but it was not ok for him to "knowingly" infect others  if he suspected he was ill.  It would be an irresponsible decision.  He paused, nodded and said " Hmm ok"

Hmmm ok! ::) ::) ::) ::)

BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

#13: March 19, 2020, 03:14:43 PM
Mine is freaking out, he had a heart attack 1.5 years ago (at 48!) the boys and I have it and are in quarantine. We were together at a doctors appointment for S15 a week ago Monday so MLCer is freaking out - he spent two days trying to sort the timeline, testing, doctors appointments - not to help us, but because he was so upset he could get it. He has checked in a bunch with the boys and even offered to drop supplies on our doorstep - when I said it%u2019s nice he is checking in to the boys, the both looked at me and said, mom, because it%u2019s all about him. We%u2019re sick and he%u2019s worried about himself. Jaw dropping insight from the boys%u2019 mouths.
BD End of April 2017
Moved out - kind of, May 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes
He lives in monster, kids haven’t been with him overnight since Jan 2019
Moved in with MOW, a former friend of mine, May 2019

M
#14: March 19, 2020, 03:19:06 PM
Sorry you and the boys have it, 3boys, but sounds like you are all pretty good. Nice to know. What country are you in?
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

#15: March 19, 2020, 04:04:28 PM
US. Seattle. Ground zero. About 15 miles from the first case in the US, and about 12 miles from the nursing home where more than 20 people have died.
BD End of April 2017
Denied affair
Cycled hard April - Oct 2017, my son figured out affair, I confronted husband, we were going away as a family for the weekend - H monsters hard and files for a D end of Oct, 2017
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes

M
#16: March 19, 2020, 04:18:47 PM
That must be pretty scary for you all in your area. How are you and the boys right now?
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

#17: March 19, 2020, 04:26:09 PM
My oldest son and his fiancé are in quarantine downtown but have no symptoms. S15 had a couple days where he was coughing, mild sore throat but that’s it, S14 is on day three of fevers, and about day five of sore throat, coughing, body aches, headaches, I am on day 9, the headaches are horrific, coughing, body aches, fever, sore throat - so far none of us in respiratory distress. We’ll ride it out. Thanks for asking ❤️
BD End of April 2017
Denied affair
D final Sept 2018
Many touch and goes

N
#18: March 19, 2020, 04:39:33 PM
Hope you all recover soon .

• Mentor
#19: March 19, 2020, 07:29:57 PM
3boys - also wishing your family quick and complete recovery.

As far as thread -I have no idea.
(x)H has not reached out at all.
S18 and I had to cancel our trip for spring break to Iceland 2 days before departure.
I spent over 35 hours on hold...

I imagine (x)H is bonding with GF as I heard a rumor that she was a suspect for covid.
Both being healthcare workers, not good...

I would love to hear from him, would love a little compassion towards me and S18.
I've been thinking about him a lot lately, but this pandemic probably won't bring him toward me at the current time.
Sadly...

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.