Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Love Me, Dont Leave Me Volume 2

C
My Story Love Me, Dont Leave Me Volume 2
#110: September 27, 2021, 02:46:06 PM
I completely get that feeling of invincibility - to go from feeling like your whole world has been kicked out from under you, to feeling completely in control of your own happiness… it really does make you feel like nothing can stop you. A lot of people think they’re strong - we have been tested and not only have we survived, we’ve made our lives even better than they were before. Keep that feeling - you have more than earned it!

Love Me, Dont Leave Me Volume 2
#111: March 07, 2022, 02:24:58 PM
Wow, it’s been a minute since I’ve been around!

I’m on mobile because I broke my laptop so I’ll keep this short. 

I found out who my ex’s AP/BF is.  It’s her Boss.  The one she told me not to worry about.  The one who reminded her so much of her brother, who passed away.  Grief and MLC is that messed up, that she’s decided to sleep and engage in a relationship with her boss/pseudo brother.  He was (or is? I don’t care) married.  His wife a SAHM to a disable son. 

When I discovered this (her father posted a pic of them and said “our handsome son”. He too has struggled with the loss of his son so this projection apparently runs in the family), I sent my Ex a 10min voice memo calling her out on her lies, her gaslighting, her suggesting we don’t make a decision on divorce while she had a boyfriend, her destroying another one of her marriages with an affair, and now bringing another marriage down with it.  I called out her running, and the bubble her and her boss hid in, hiding from the destruction they’ve brought to others while they live in a relationship built on deception and lies.  I wasn’t cruel, I was factual and to the point.

And then I blocked her.  I know some people say to be the lighthouse but as you all remember, I detached to the point that I had no interest in reconnecting

Discovering who it was did rattle and shake me for a few days, but I opted to send her that message back in December so that I left that energy in 2021, so that I could continue to grow.

While life is a lot better having gone through this experience, and without her, she still consumes a lot of my thoughts, which is annoying lol. I clearly still have some anger to work through but it’s expected.  But I am committed to getting this divorce started before the year is up

We didn’t get much of a break in the real world uh? COVID right to WWIII.  I hope you all are continuing to be safe during these trying times.

Until another 6 months pass by, peace :)
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

#112: March 07, 2022, 03:40:54 PM
Hey LL  :D

I was wondering what happened to you.

So utterly typical MLC'er stuff..... can't say I'm sorry you found out, I think finding out really helps (in some way, maybe not so much in others).
It does give you insight into her break though, what the unseen damage is/was.
Easy to see, it's not about you...... it was all her.

I hope you can get some peace and process all the things you need to process. I'd suggest: Don't shut it down if you are.  ;)

If I remember correctly, that was one of your big fears in the beginning. Just curious.... what do you feel about that now?
Are you glad to find out much later down the road rather than at the start? Do you think that made it more manageable for you?

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#113: March 08, 2022, 02:03:29 AM
Page 63 from "MLC for Dummies" - Tell the LBS that there is nothing to worry about while doing the Horizontal Mambo with said "Not to Worry about" person...

Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

#114: March 08, 2022, 09:48:17 AM
Hey LL  :D

I was wondering what happened to you.

So utterly typical MLC'er stuff..... can't say I'm sorry you found out, I think finding out really helps (in some way, maybe not so much in others).
It does give you insight into her break though, what the unseen damage is/was.
Easy to see, it's not about you...... it was all her.

I hope you can get some peace and process all the things you need to process. I'd suggest: Don't shut it down if you are.  ;)

If I remember correctly, that was one of your big fears in the beginning. Just curious.... what do you feel about that now?
Are you glad to find out much later down the road rather than at the start? Do you think that made it more manageable for you?

-SS
Thanks, I had to take a break from here and the groups on FB.  I've deactivated FB on and off for the last few months and sadly had it activated when I saw the photo.  I found that looking for similarities in others stories, was holding me back.  I was moving forward, I am moving forward, but its unhealthy for me to immerse myself in the pain and destruction of other LBS' going through the motions.  I fully understand it, but continuing to expose myself to it, was not doing me good.  I also changed careers and wanted to focus my energy on that.  And had some interactions with S that I needed to take a step back from.  So I've mostly been just trying to find peace in the craziness that is the world right now.

I remember feeling vindicated.  That I was right all along, to be worried about him.  That was followed with anger.  Anger for not listening to my gut and intuition.  Anger for knowing she was in a relationship with a man, but denying my truth that it was him.  Angry that I allowed her to disconnect me from myself and intuition and stay when I KNEW something was happening.  Angry at myself for not being strong enough to leave.

When I sent her that voice memo, I said "A noble person would have come home that night and told me they were in love with their boss, and that they were leaving me for him.  Then we could have wrapped things up 2 years ago.  But instead you fed me lies.  Told me this wasnt about someone else, that you weren't interested in another man.  That you dont want to be in a relationship because as you said, youve been in relationships your whole life and you need to know who you are.  That you didnt think we should rush into a decision about divorce, all while you were in a relationship with him".  And no, I did not expect a response nor did I want one to the message I sent.  I ended my message by letting her know that I have ZERO interest in her version of events, because she has been lying to me for years now....during our marriage, and after it.  So there was nothing they could say to me that I would believe with even just an ounce of my entire being.  I told her after all shes done to me, that I dont wish her harm, I wish her nothing but the best in life, but that was it for me.  And then I blocked her.  I didnt want to hear more of her BS and lies, and I didnt want to deal with monster.  I have no idea if his wife knows of the affair, if they are even still together, nothing.  All I know is she hides him from social media so clearly, they either dont want his W to find out, or their co-workers as this must be some kind of HR violation.

I have been in regular therapy since 2020, so I dont shut it out or shut down.  I understand that its okay to have emotions, to have anger, to have irrational thoughts and fantasies.  So when these days come up (and they still do thanks to my seasonal depression), I allow myself the space to feel it.  I just dont act on it and if it gets too far out of hand, I have techniques to bring myself back to a semblance of calm.

Living in a pandemic, in isolation, certainly has its challenges.  I am getting burnt out.  My new job is fully remote for me unless I have to travel to the client.  If a pandemic didnt exist, I would likely be in the US weekly, on site with the client but since they too are still working from home, I am home all day and all night.  Some days I love this peace - in fact, I have never been more certain about my desire to be alone - no partner, no one in my space, just endless peace.  But some days it does get to me.  And on those days, I honour my feelings and just lay on the couch in a pit of anxiety LOL.

Page 63 from "MLC for Dummies" - Tell the LBS that there is nothing to worry about while doing the Horizontal Mambo with said "Not to Worry about" person...

It really is always "the one they told you not to worry about", isnt it? LOL

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:30:07 AM by LBS_Les »
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

#115: March 08, 2022, 10:41:07 AM
It really is always "the one they told you not to worry about", isnt it? LOL

Yes it is (sadly)...... they want to protect their secret so badly.

I'm glad you're doing so well. It's healthy to take breaks  :D We have to get on with life too.  8)

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

#116: April 16, 2022, 01:23:23 PM
Hope everyone is having a fantastic Easter!

Quick Update:  My MLC’er filed for Divorce and served me today - on a weekend where she knew I would be having family dinner.

In Ontario, you must a third party serve the papers.  So she actually woke up and said “lets eff her weekend up”

I knew D was happening - I let go a long time ago and maintained that its her Divorce so its her work to be done.  But to do so on a holiday has enraged me.

So I will be lawyer shopping this week to explore my options.  I am torn on wanting to jus respond and get it over and done with, or hire a lawyer to protect myself and my interests.  I’m mostly annoyed that I will have to do all the work that comes with a D if I lawyer up.  Chasing down financial documents is not fun LOL

I have no idea what brought her to a place of finally being accountable.  I have her blocked (and intend to keep it that way) so I wasn’t going to get a heads up but lets be real, she would never have had the guts to let me know since she’s a runner.

I’m gonna go take my anger out on my punching bag before dinner LOL
Happy Easter Y’all!
Me (W) 44 - W 42
BD - Jan 17, 2020

#117: April 16, 2022, 03:54:40 PM
Hi LL,

What a rough day.... I'm so sorry to hear, and HOW they do these things.  :(

All things considered, you sound good.  Grounded.  :)
Give that punching bad hell  ;D

You know, the brain will figure out what you really want to do about that attorney in a couple days. It'll come to you.
You've been working on yourself for awhile, what's next for LL?

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019

C
#118: April 16, 2022, 10:35:28 PM
I’m really sorry to hear about the way in which she did this, LL. I expect that when it’s all done, you will be glad for the closure. But it’s just one more cruel and hurtful thing done by someone who used to be a better person. I am glad for all the work you have done on detachment and moving forward with your own life; it will serve you well during this process.

J
#119: April 18, 2022, 08:56:04 AM
I have no idea what brought her to a place of finally being accountable.  I have her blocked (and intend to keep it that way) so I wasn’t going to get a heads up but lets be real, she would never have had the guts to let me know since she’s a runner.

Ouch. In my state, the attorney can receive service, rather than the person (at least that's how it worked for the collaborative process, where we both have attorneys). It still stung to get that email from my attorney, so I have to imagine being served in person is way worse. Same here for the runner, though; my wife didn't give me any warning that her sister put the house on the market, or that she had finally filed. even though I knew she retained an attorney and started submitting financials.

I used to have a punching bag, but am too busy fixing the house (and therefore too tired) to use one anyway!

JB
Everything has a beginning and an end. Life is just a cycle of stops and starts. They're ends we don't desire, but they're inevitable and we have to face them. That's what being human is all about.  -Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.