Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Built To Last

C
My Story Built To Last
#50: October 03, 2021, 02:33:23 PM
I’m so sorry, FW. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Built To Last
#51: October 04, 2021, 01:43:50 AM
Well, now I am sick with Covid.  Despite being vaccinated and having had a false negative 10 months ago.  This feels extremely similar to what I had back when S16 tested positive.  I did a nasal swab then and this time I opted for a saliva test.

Wait a second... Am I reading this correctly that you have been vaccinated AND that you have already had COVID once (a false negative test would mean that you had it but the test said you didn't)

I mean, the saying is "Third time's a charm" but this is a bit ridiculous.....

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
Built To Last
#52: October 04, 2021, 07:28:50 PM
Yep, I guess I shouldn't plan on playing the lottery.  My luck is just not that good.

The first test last Thanksgiving, they handed me the nasal swab.  I probably did it wrong or not deep enough, or something, because I definitely had some version of what I have now.

This time, I likely have the Delta or Lambda variant and am one of those special breakthrough cases.

I have now fully lost taste and smell.  I do not likey.  I guess maybe I will lose a few pounds.  Gotta look on the bright side I guess.   :-\

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

b
Built To Last
#53: October 05, 2021, 06:12:57 PM
Oh dear, FW, so sorry to hear about the Covid diagnosis.  You've really been through the wringer with it.  Get some good rest, supplement with the necessary vitamins and nix the lotto lol

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
Built To Last
#54: October 06, 2021, 10:47:13 AM
Thank you for the recovery wishes everyone.  It means a lot to me! I am holding my own.  I start my day upon waking with some sun therapy out on the back patio.  Thankfully, CO is one of the sunniest places on earth, so I'm basking in it and hoping that having some of that vitamin D in my system is helping combat this.

I ran a fever consistently at bedtime every evening from Wednesday night to Saturday night, but Sunday night arrived and I was surprised that the usual chills did not, and I haven't gotten a fever since, that I know of.  My breathing and heartrate also seem to be better this time around.  Last time, my heart rate would randomly spike to 134 while I was sitting on the couch doing nothing (from normally sitting in the 70's) and my Fitbit sleep monitor was showing some breathing issues which I'd never had before.  This time, my heart rate has remained good, the highest it went was 109 while I was running a fever that first night.  So far only one night with one spike indicative of possible breathing.  Last year, there were multiple spikes a night.

As soon as I knew I was getting sick, I upped my dosages on some of my supplements as well.

So far, my symptoms could be best described as having a light flu.  The influenza B I had back in 2018 was really bad, 8 days long and I had to take some tepid baths to get my fever down.  I was miserable and felt hopeless.  This has been more bearable than that. 

I did have one evening of feeling down after losing my taste and smell.  I take such pleasure in those two senses.  After loss of taste and smell, my hearing has improved, which isn't great actually because I could already hear quite well.  I find myself getting annoyed because I can hear really annoying high frequency sounds that bother me.  I'm trying to listen to music, for the pleasure aspect since that's all I have left, lol and to drown out the annoying sounds lol. 

Hopefully the next few days I continue to recover well and earn my way out of isolation on Saturday night.  My M arrives on Monday for a 2 week stay and I want to be able to spend time with her while she is here, but I won't go anywhere if I am still having any symptoms.  She will be staying with my B in his guest room.  I also dearly want my S16 to come home.  I miss him and I hope that he is having an ok time at his F's.

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

H
  • Trial Subscriber
Built To Last
#55: October 10, 2021, 10:19:20 PM
Hi FW,

Checking in to see how your recovery is going and hoping you were able to make it out of Isolation.  I know when I had COVID, I dealt more with the physician symptoms during the first 4-5 days and then felt more isolated and alone during the remaining 5 days as I started to feel better.   Sense of taste and smell went away for me too but eventually returned in time.

Hope you get to enjoy your time with your S and your M when she visits.   Have a great week.

HF 
W - 42
M - 45
Together 19 years, M 16
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021

K
Built To Last
#56: October 11, 2021, 03:16:48 PM
Oh no FW! Wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm vaccinated too but take nothing for granted. Please get some rest and take care of yourself!
Me 49
H 48
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
Built To Last
#57: October 11, 2021, 04:00:07 PM
Thank you HF and KIT.  Today I was back at work, and I'm going in a bit later in the morning than usual.  I was supposed to leave at 3 today, but didn't end up getting out of there until 4:15.  I'm a bit exhausted tonight, but will go again a little late tomorrow.

I feel pretty good, all things considered.

I did have a bit of a mini panic attack last night.  I was coughing a bit as I was trying to get to sleep (from drainage most likely) and I kept thinking about not having smell and started going down the rabbit hole of what ifs.  What if I never get my smell back?  Which is hopefully absurd, but of course I went there.  We take scent for granted!  I was thinking of all the things I miss and how smell is attached to some memories.  I was thinking about how I would never be able to smell the perfume I like to wear, or the smell of coffee brewing, or a pie baking in the oven, or the ground after a good hard rain.  What if I met someone and smell is related to pheromones', and how attracted I get by the smell of a man's cologne, what if I never smell that?  And then I imagined holding a newborn grandchild and not being able to take in their delicious baby smell.  I don't even have a grandchild on the way and I was freaking out about this!  I really had to talk myself down.  I started to panic and had to sit up in bed and stop myself but the emotional/psychological panic had set in.  Is this just a feminine thing?   ???

Ugh, I am sure I was being quite ridiculous.  I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when my sniffer starts working properly again, even though the plus side of no smell is that I don't have to smell all the bad smells.  Still would trade it in a heartbeat though.

My Journey

D
Built To Last
#58: October 11, 2021, 06:34:30 PM
I know a couple people who lost their sense of taste and smell with COVID. It took awhile for those senses to come back but it eventually, gradually came back. My one friend said that when she started getting the senses back that things didn’t smell or taste like she remembered at first and it really freaked her out. It did sort out after a long while.

A friend was admitted to the hospital this morning with COVID. She is vaccinated and has been through chemo in the last few years. It totally sucks. We are not out of the woods yet.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.