Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....

m
  • Trial Subscriber
My Story In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#20: January 04, 2024, 07:51:26 AM
Just a bit of journaling today.

Had a couple of sad moments this week. New Year's Eve in the afternoon for about 15 minutes and yesterday on my ride home from work.

It is truly getting better. And I have gone dark. No contact whatsoever. We received a group text from the realtor and only xw replied. Oh and I am starting to refer to her purposely on here and prayers as xw. It's not official yet, but trying to take the next steps.

This is strange only because it feels like I am cutting off my nose despite my face, but under the circumstances, its really the only option. I would love to tell her I miss her or that I love her, but she already knows, and despises, both I am sure.

But at least I am not uncontrollably tearing up and running to the bathroom to cry at work anymore. And my sad spells are so more infrequent and shorter.

H
In a Little More Than Four Months.....
#21: January 04, 2024, 01:13:49 PM
You are doing well.

It is awful but we adapt and get used to our new reality.

You are right about not telling her those things. She knows and she is angry that there are consequences to her running.

R
#22: January 04, 2024, 07:44:03 PM
But at least I am not uncontrollably tearing up and running to the bathroom to cry at work anymore. And my sad spells are so more infrequent and shorter.

This is good to hear. I did the same running to the bathroom or sitting under my desk in my office so people couldn't see me and try and cry as softly as I could. That was before a lot of self-care steps that I took. I was very worried about not functioning well enough in my job. A job that I needed more than ever, given the circumstances.

Keep doing what helps you stabilize and heal and less of what destabilized you.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#23: January 06, 2024, 12:52:26 PM
Thank you H and R.

It's the first snow of the year today and I find myself peacefully watching it out of my window. My xw loved the snow. And a month or two ago I would have gotten really sad over it, but today its peaceful. I love her. I miss her.

I am in a strange new place. Peaceful. Alone but not lonely. Knowing that I am working on my issues and feeling good. Knowing that she isn't and feeling badly for her. I am not worried about the future, no matter the numbers of years or number of hours.

I still have my moments. The other night I had a dream that my wife left me. And as usual, whenever I have a disturbing dream as I awake I tell myself its just a dream. This time I said to myself my wife didn't leave me, and then instantly I remembered " oh that's right, she did leave."

Got a chuckle out of that one somehow.

R
#24: January 06, 2024, 03:39:18 PM
Mcm64d, you sound good, focusing on yourself and healing. That was an amusing story about the nightmare--many here will smile in recognition of that scenario.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#25: January 07, 2024, 06:30:30 AM
.....well overall I do believe I am doing well. Thanks in large part from the support I receive here.

There are strange dreams I am having, most of them I forget now but remember as strange when they woke me, which indicates to me that I am not healed. And that's ok.

In fact I am mentioning more for those who feel like they are not doing "as well" as me. It's still there and I expect it will be still there for years to come. Just less I guess than before.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#26: January 09, 2024, 09:55:12 AM
...and now a little complaining.

My realtor is trying to wrap things up on the sale of this house. She sends an email to both me and my xw concerning last minute things my xw has to clear up.

Don't you know she leaves me off the email reply. Also I need a copy of the property settlement agreement for the title company and my lawyer doesn't know where it is in the proceedings. We assume her attorney filed it with the courts. Crickets.

Why? Why the stupid games? Is she trying to illicit a response from me? Because it won't work. Unless it is life or death I plan never to respond to anything she does. But just why? I am so tired of this process.

m
  • Trial Subscriber
#27: January 10, 2024, 06:29:04 AM
and now back into depression.

I really thought I was getting there especially after the holidays. I have to get to a place where this does not effect me any longer. Until then I am stuck in this shallowish bowl scraping up the sides just to slip back to the bottom and on my back like a turtle.

There, that made me smirk.

Have a good day everyone!

• Mentor
#28: January 10, 2024, 07:33:19 AM
I am sorry that you are feeling depressed mcm64d. I went back to your first post and checked, you started noticing changes in your marriage last summer , 2023. Many losses since then so it is pretty normal to be depressed.

There is no magic bullet, no way to quickly take away the pain...time will ease it.

I posted an article I read today, a therapist talking about grief and loss.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/29/health/grief-how-to-cope-wellness/index.html

Even with all her knowledge and expertise, it was a long road for her to heal.

In my own story, I never thought that this would hit me so hard and for so long. I am a very resilient woman, vey independent and "glass half full" type of person.  I knew that it would hurt, to have my marriage end but had no idea .. Thinking back on breakups with boyfriends, I expected to be "over" him in a shorter period of time.

As you read the stories here, looking at the timeframes you are responding as we all did.

It is good that you identify that you have depression. I cannot remember, are you working with a therapist?

Some people need antidepressants for a time.

I do like you sense of humor regarding the turtle!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 08:24:04 AM by xyzcf »
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

M
#29: January 10, 2024, 08:03:41 AM
There is so much cycling early on and those get father apart with time, but this is trauma. Deep painful trauma that affects your thoughts on your past, present and future. Questioning reality. It takes a while to untangle it all and accept the nee life you are living, but you do and then there are still dips in the road. Tell yourself better days will come and feel what you need to. I truly believe feeling the pain and grieving it all is how you get to a better place
There is almost something harder about someone being alive and having to lose what you believed to be true of them than someone actually dying.

Indefatigability - determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose
perspicacity- a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight

Married July 1991
Jan 2018 BD1 moved out I filed for Div/ H stopped it
Oct 2018 moved back
Oct 2020 BD2
Feb 2021 Div-29 1/2 years
July 2021 Married OW
Feb 2022  XH fired
May 2023 went NC after telling XH we could not be friends
Aug 2023 XH moves w/o OWife

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.