Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion Forum rebuild

S
  • Administrator
Discussion Re: Forum rebuild
#100: March 19, 2020, 01:36:19 PM
Ok, I loaded next reply (#138) into inline editor, two bullets in subject converted to unicode %u2022 after saving.  Doesn't happen in post editor, and I can replace bullets •• there and they display correctly.  Will see if I can replicate on test install.

S
  • Administrator
Re: Forum rebuild
#101: March 19, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
This is a known bug, was reported in Jan, fix is posted here.  There are two options:

- I can edit script.js and hope one of us remembers to revert before upgrading to 2.0.18, whenever it's released.

- I can remove inline edit button from theme templates.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#102: March 20, 2020, 03:54:15 AM
This is a known bug, was reported in Jan, fix is posted here.  There are two options:

- I can edit script.js and hope one of us remembers to revert before upgrading to 2.0.18, whenever it's released.

- I can remove inline edit button from theme templates.

Cool!  LOTS of detective work but we (you) isolated the issue. It is RCR's board but, as an IT gut, I would simply remove the button for now. That is the solution that works around the issue but doesn't create a time bomb when (NOT IF) the revisions are forgotten and the upgrade is rolled out. It seems to be easier to put the button back into the template after the upgrade, isn't it?
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

S
  • Administrator
#103: March 20, 2020, 10:15:53 AM
Button would have to be removed in the three active themes, not a big deal.  I never use inline edit, but obviously it's sometimes used here.  Really depends on how much of a nuisance the glitch is.

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#104: March 23, 2020, 03:51:55 AM
Button would have to be removed in the three active themes, not a big deal.  I never use inline edit, but obviously it's sometimes used here.  Really depends on how much of a nuisance the glitch is.

I don't use the inline edit either but I have had several posters complaining about the UniCode so I guess that enough people use it... and it is obvious when it does hit...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

S
  • Administrator
#105: March 23, 2020, 09:49:50 AM
The posts can be fixed easily enough in reply editor, maybe just a matter of informing those using inline editor when it happens.  Or I can remove the button, up to you guys.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse

S
  • Administrator
#107: March 25, 2020, 10:28:08 AM
Done.  Check it on phone.

• Mentor
Forum rebuild
#108: March 29, 2020, 12:55:41 AM
I just got a certificate expired  message. Thought I'd mention it in case it was anything real.
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
#109: March 29, 2020, 02:25:51 AM
Me too.  Keeps stopping me from accessing you as the site is declared unsafe and my account is open to hackers and attackers.
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.