Skip to main content

Author Topic: Discussion How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?

j
Discussion How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?
#40: March 22, 2020, 05:29:19 PM
Heard from xh again. Some back and forth surface level stuff. He seems paranoid about things being sanitary and clean. He was never like this during our marriage. My xmil reached out too this past week. She is overseas on a mission and we had a nice conversation. Found out from her that xh is always checking in with her, which never happened before.she says she cares about me and still considers me family.
Hope everyone is well and staying safe.
XH 38
Me 39
T 13 years
M 7 years
BD 1: 7/17
BD 2: 3/19.
Moved out: 4/19
Confirmed ow on social media. They’ve been talking since 1/19 at least. He still keeps her secret. She has posted selfies of them together.
D 11/19

How MLCers react to Coronavirus.....?
#41: March 22, 2020, 05:47:18 PM
Mine is going nuts..... I came home from walking and she was crying in full meltdown...... convinced Corona was going to get everyone. Started spouting off some nonsense statistic that 80% of people die or something crazy like that.  :o
Ummmm, the mortality rate is less than 1%.

I suspect by the end of this, she'll be a hermit refusing to leave the house.

Now if we could quarantine MLC'ers (and everyone else for that matter) from being on the stinking cell phones passing around lies, propaganda and paranoia..... all would be fine.

-SS
W - 43
M - 46
Together 28 years, M 25
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

G
#42: March 22, 2020, 05:59:27 PM
Sorry to hear that SS.  She's safe in your home and I am happy that is a blessing for you both.  I'm sure she's terrified, especially in those moments she doesn't have enough emotional steam to get mad to deflect or disappear with various forms of escapism to avoid. 

I'm excited for you as a brother in Christ because you have one of the best witnessing opportunities in slow and steady streams while in lockdown, to eminate God's grace and love to get her through.  When she can know it's ok, and the love is there with it's baby steps with God too to help her through these crisises, she will be relieved that she doesn't need to lean on her own understanding. She just needs to commit to the healthy process of doing anything that is counter to serving the MLC lifestyle.  Something that feels like a 180 and foreign. Easier said than done for sure. It should give her hope that there still is no judgement and it's ok to be scared, and give herself credit on the days she tried.  Even if it was unsuccessful. Scared is ok.  I truly believe you've been sent to help her in baby steps. Take good care of yourself too as they flip on a dime and can make us feel deflated.  God Bless!!  GGG

m
#43: March 26, 2020, 11:55:12 AM
Occurred to me that, in a way, a lot of what is going on and how folks behave is a kind of big science experiment. And that this might be as true in the land of MLC......so perhaps worth sharing any (new lol) strange behaviour by MLCers?

I genuinely have no idea how folks in this kind of crisis might behave, given the standard MLC playbook.
More touch and go pop ups bc they get a guilt blip?
More controlling bc they feel more anxious?
More angry bc their Replay fun spots get shutdown?
More sadz bc they feel a bit isolated from their old support system?
Even, gosh, a bit of honest remorse or concern bc their empathy chip gets a kick?

Genuinely don't know. Don't expect to hear from my remarried vanisher lol.
But it makes sense to me that, just as the rest of us are coming under pressure and having to change our own behaviours, it might change some MLC behaviours too. Either in good or not so good ways, I guess. But I thought it might be interesting for our own 'scientific' record to have a place to log any unusual behaviour changes that seem to be provoked by what is going on around us all.

I wondered about how MLC people would handle covid-19.  So far my ex seems a bit nicer but I don’t make eye contact with him and keep things the same.  He has his gf to coddle him if he’s scared, he doesn’t need to be nice to me now after ditching me the way he did.

m
#44: March 26, 2020, 08:52:10 PM
Ok so I spoke too soon.  XH was chattier than usual, not standing in a cornered animal stance like he needed to run fast from me and made a small joke on a text to let me know they were on the parking lot for kiddo dropoff.  We exchanged notes on the virus and agreed on some planning like he doesnt go anywhere except between both our apartments for now.  I asked about the OWs job just to ask about what line of work shes in and he changed the subject looking sheepish.  He wasnt rude or mean, he just looked kinda sheepish.

I dunno, since the virus has been hitting worse, hes been nicer and had a weird hopeful look when he heard me call out to say bye to our son but thought i was talking to him.  Im just thinking with my head on this because my heart still loves him and its confusing.

M
#45: March 27, 2020, 05:44:06 AM
Mine reached out on Monday. He assumed I was working from home (rightly so). Asked if he could stop by during my break. We talked for a bit: he is quite nervous as my SD is very immunocompromised, and MIL is in her 90s and recovering from a stroke. He’s worried about things devolving into martial law and said “call me if the $h!t hits the fan.” He has also texted a few memes but no actual physical or verbal contact since Monday. He is very social so I’m thinking he may be struggling now that we are under a shelter at home order for the next month, but who really knows? Not really my problem. He knows how to get a hold of me if he wants to.

m
#46: April 02, 2020, 04:56:01 PM
I found out a coworker has covid-19, he’s doing better and in quarantine.  Luckily we’re all ok.  I called my ex to give him a heads up and he didn’t return my call nor was his voicemail on for me to leave a message.  I later told him in person when he picked up kiddo and he didn’t seem phased at all.  Just the black eyed weirdo.  I don’t get how he seems not bothered that me and his son could have been exposed, I know it hit home to me how crazy this virus is.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:44:32 PM by mightymama »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.