Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Forum Problems

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
Off-Topic Re: Forum Problems
#40: March 08, 2018, 02:47:58 PM
I have no problems on getting on - but I did have a problem in posting - I got the abovementioned message
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

• Administrator
Re: Forum Problems
#41: March 19, 2018, 12:13:00 PM
I guess we are still having some data base issues as no one seems able to start a new thread.

For those that are trying I suggest adding on to your current thread and when this starts working again we can split them off and
start new threads.

We are generating this error message

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Sorry!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:14:09 PM by OldPilot »

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#42: March 19, 2018, 02:01:45 PM
I just uninstalled the akismet and tested a new post--same error.
Then I uninstalled the forum firewall mod and tested a new post--same error.

Those are the two newest mods. And as OldPilot has said on the mod board, we are still getting a lot of SPAM registrations requesting approval, whereas they were blocked when we were using Stop Spammer, but Stop Spammer does not have a new version for our upgraded smf version.

I have to go in a few minutes to preschool pick-up, but will head over to smf when I get back.

S
  • Administrator
#43: March 19, 2018, 07:44:43 PM
Database errors are being caused by anti-spam mods, you currently have four installed, there may be some stray code from installimg/uninstalling mods.  Not a good idea installing multiple mods for same purpose, they may interfere with each other.  Do you have a files backup from before this problem started?

S
  • Administrator
#44: March 19, 2018, 08:08:31 PM
Ok, you should be able to post new topics.

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
#45: March 20, 2018, 01:14:50 PM
Thanks Sir Osis...and sorry.

I backed up each time I added a new mod and the server told me that they back up every night.

I added multiple SPAM mods because I thought each one might cover a different area of antispam--I think it was the firewall mod that even suggested a few mods--unfortunately Stop Spammer and Bad Behavior with Project Honeypot were included on their list and those are not working here.

S
  • Administrator
#46: March 20, 2018, 02:20:56 PM
It was a database problem, one of the mods added 'spam' field with no default value to _topics table.  It should work, but didn't.  I believe errors were caused by a mysql bug, it doesn't affect core code, but causes problems for some mods.  I set default value to 'null', stopped the errors and shouldn't affect mod.

Package manager creates a backup whenever a mod is installed, they're in /Packages/backups/.  If you install/uninstall/reinstall mods, things get confused and backups may not undo damage. 

Your cpanel has a backup utility, but it doesn't allow automatic backups.  Most hosts do daily server backups, but many only save backups for a few days, then they're gone.  Some will charge you to restore files or databases from server backups.  You should confirm with your host how long backups are saved.  My host uses R1Soft, which backs up all files and databases daily and saves them for 30 days on remote server.  I also have cron jobs running backup daily and save 30 days in my account.  Your cpanel supports cron jobs, but you don't have sufficient disk capacity to do this.  You're currently at 87%, you can view usage in cpanel.  Might want to ask your host why there's almost 4 gb in 'Files in hidden subdirectories'.

S
  • There but for the grace of God go I
#47: May 22, 2018, 09:20:57 AM
Hi

Just want to let you know that when I tried logging in multiple times I get the warning message
“ This site is not secure “

• Administrator
#48: May 22, 2018, 12:24:15 PM
Hi

Just want to let you know that when I tried logging in multiple times I get the warning message
“ This site is not secure “
Thanks for letting us know, who is giving you that message?

I am not getting it.

S
  • Administrator
#49: May 22, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
That's from your browser, it will do that on any site that's not https, but it shouldn't cause multiple logins.  Which browser are you using?

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.