Skip to main content

Author Topic: Forum-Info How to Search and How to Search Threads Started by A Specific User

• Administrator
    • The Hero's Spouse
How To Search For Topics Started By A Specific User

I cannot show you how to search for only story threads or only topics threads, this tutorial will show you all threads started by a specific user. Maybe someday in a paid-for theme or through a plugin it can happen.

Let’s use me as an example. You want to search threads started by me.

Click on my name—it’s all over the board, you can click on it in the sidebar of one of my posts—as in this image.

That will take you to my profile. Look down and see where the arrow is pointing to the link that says Show Posts and click that link.

That will take you to a list of all my posts. But that is every post with the most recent first. You can’t tell if I started that thread! But look at the top area. See how the word Messages is a different color? That’s because it defaults to the list of all messages. But next to that is a link that says Topics. Click that.

This will bring you to a list that looks similar to the previous list, but it’s a list of my threads—it shows the first post of each thread which is why it’s not just a list of thread titles. It will show you 15 threads per page. As you can see, mine shows three pages. Most people only have one page, so usually you won’t have to look at several pages. Just scroll down and you will see every thread started by that person—that your permissions allow you to see. So if you are not a subscriber, it won’t show you subscriber threads.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:34:42 PM by Rollercoasterider »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.