Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story BRAND NEW MAN 10

My Story Re: BRAND NEW MAN 10
#150: February 20, 2021, 11:32:57 AM
I'm thinking there is going to be a request to rent the home to her and IDK if I really want to be tied to her any longer through the home. The mortgage is more affordable than her finding an apartment to rent in NJ.

Would that start throwing maintenance and upkeep at you, since you'd technically be her landlord? I would absolutely avoid that, even if it means the boys will move. Maybe a change of scenery would be better for them in the long run. Sounds like apartment life would be a better fit in a lot of ways, honestly.

BRAND NEW MAN 10
#151: February 20, 2021, 11:47:24 AM
Again everyone has a past at this age and some things still left to deal with  in future relationships can seem pretty odd.

Still I think the house needs to be sold.

And a future relationship with some else? You need to find an apartment for yourself first imho. Something with enough room for your sons.

Your living arrangements currently (even if you had a lady friend who had her own place you can go to) may be a turn off for most intelligent,  mature women.

You know the question is going to come up in a new relationship "Where do you live?".

Now think of how that answer sounds.
There are two ways of spreading light:
Be the candle; or the mirror that reflects it

Don't ask why someone is still hurting you; ask why you keep letting them.

At some point you have to get sick of going through the same sh!t.

Women are NOT rehabilitation centers for badly raised men. It is not your job to fix ,parent, raise or change him.
You want a partner not a project.

Re: BRAND NEW MAN 10
#152: February 20, 2021, 12:04:25 PM
I'm thinking there is going to be a request to rent the home to her and IDK if I really want to be tied to her any longer through the home. The mortgage is more affordable than her finding an apartment to rent in NJ.

Would that start throwing maintenance and upkeep at you, since you'd technically be her landlord? I would absolutely avoid that, even if it means the boys will move. Maybe a change of scenery would be better for them in the long run. Sounds like apartment life would be a better fit in a lot of ways, honestly.

Yup
There is nothing good for you in that option lol.
But you know that of course  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

W
BRAND NEW MAN 10
#153: February 20, 2021, 04:41:19 PM
Hi Ready2Transform, Treasur, Init,

Oh I agree. The house needs to be sold if she cannot obtain a mortgage in her name as we need to sever this last financial connection. Renting to her would be a nightmare and just prolong her being involved in my life in some capacity. Also, I believe we may have problems selling it because it has deteriorated already. I haven't been inside it in well over a year.

Well I can go rent an apartment whenever I choose however I want to own instead as it gives me more flexibility. Divorce is a financial process and I've been impacted financially as I do pay 1900 a month in support. Yes I have to pay it however it still is real money. Its a very real deduction.

Meanwhile I'm still paying legal fees and forced school tuition.

Like I said, she has been quiet so maybe she will remain so. LOL, I have no plans on telling a woman where I live ever again, let alone inviting her inside, hahahaha. Do you see what happened to me the first time I did that ? LOL....

Have a good night

Thanks

New thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11723.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:23:07 PM by Thunder »

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.