Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Stronger Now In Broken Places

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
My Story Stronger Now In Broken Places
OP: February 10, 2021, 11:58:37 AM
Episode 14 brought to you by Joe Bonamassa's song "Stronger Now In Broken Places"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-s60xkP6kg

Previous thread:  https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11618.msg778638#new

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:57:03 PM by FaithWalker »
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

N

Nas

Stronger Now In Broken Places
#1: February 10, 2021, 12:28:47 PM
Welcome, FW.  I love Bonamassa.

#2: February 10, 2021, 03:07:23 PM
Tuning in to the next episode  8)

-SS
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

C
#3: February 10, 2021, 03:19:40 PM
Joining you for this next chapter! Love the title... it’s exactly where we all hope to be.

s
#4: February 10, 2021, 06:53:51 PM
Still with you, FW. 

Just caught the end of your last thread.  So MLCer is moving.......again! 

I agree with UM in that it's hard to tell what goes through (or doesn't go through) their minds regarding things like changing addresses when minor kids are involved. 

From my view in the cheap seats you do, indeed, have a right to be irritated.  Not that it will accomplish anything, but I'll validate your urge to be grouchy about it! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#5: February 10, 2021, 07:16:16 PM
Welcome aboard all.

Thanks for the validation, SB.   ;D

Yes, MLCer is moving into a rental and selling his house.  Apparently, per D, the plan is to be in a rental about a year while they build a house and then make another move into the built house.  He has told the kids that every kid will have their own bedroom there, not at the rental, but at the built house.  His kids and her kids.  I doubt that includes my S20.  Keep in mind that the youngest of the kids between his and hers is S15.  D18 is the next youngest.  Why on earth (??) would they need a bedroom for every kid when the youngest will be S15 who will be S16 next month which means he would be S17 by the time they have the house built.  Okay then.  ???

Her D19 (D20?) is moving in with them in the rental house temporarily.  She has 2 D's really close in age.  I think they are 19 and 20, or 20 and 21, something like that.

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#6: February 11, 2021, 01:34:07 AM
Following along...
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
#7: February 11, 2021, 08:22:43 AM
Faith -
The title of your thread caught me because as a broken bone heals, it forms a callous around the break to strengthen it.  That was immediately what came to my mind...
Sad that your H is moving again.  IDK why every child would need their own room, unless (in his mind) he’s hoping to have one big happy family, and thinking about the holidays.  My H also moved into a 4500 SF home with his ow/now wife.  Of course, my sons stay with me when they’re in town and I only have 2 extra bedrooms (3 sons).  Your H won’t find happiness in that big house either.  Still running and searching for the panacea.

Hugs,
Sea

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#8: February 11, 2021, 04:31:43 PM
Welcome aboard UM and Sea.

I had a bad dream last night that involved ex H.  In my dream, his new wife worked for a company I used to work for and was snooping through my file.  Just for fun, we had done some sort of little exercise about the "future" and the company had us fill out a where we will be in 5 years sort of thing.  I had filled out this paper years prior to meeting H and marrying him, but it was dated for the future, so it looked suspect.  It had someone else's name as my husband (as it was just for fun, and was probably my crush at the time or whatever).  She triumphantly shows this to my ex husband.

So in the dream, my ex-husband drops by to confront me about this paper that his wife had found, and is just horrible to me.  I am mad that she snooped through my file, feel that I shouldn't have to explain myself over a paper I filled out WELL before we ever dated or married, and then took the opportunity to tell him how devastated I was over the fact that he divorced me and was sleeping with other people.  How he had no idea how awful that feels, how soul ripping.  He could not look me in the eye once he was no longer on the offensive and I was.

I was not able to shake the feeling of being attacked, wrongly accused, and was upset for a little while after waking up.

My Journey

• Mentor
#9: February 11, 2021, 05:54:34 PM
Along for the walk, Faith.

First of all, thanks for sharing the song. Somehow I had never heard it before. What a message! I was just texting my xw about some things and I had your song going through my head. Thank you.

Sorry about the dream. It's a lousy feeling to be wrongly accused.

Keep the faith!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:01:11 PM by PJ Ames »
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.