Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!

My Story Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!
#150: October 08, 2021, 12:34:15 PM
Fascinating update, as always.  So her mother being there does not keep her calm, really. Does it do the opposite at all? How does your W get along with the rest of her family, in general?

I also have a question.
I find that as LBS progresses the need, desire or acceptance of outside affirmation continues to wane. I wonder if there comes a point where outside influence is completely irrelevant. That is a sad thought. On one hand, it would imply strength...... but really it just says you are not vulnerable, and emotionally closed.
Why would a person feeling outside influence is irrelevant mean (to you, anyway) that they are not vulnerable or emotionally closed? I can see where that COULD occur, but not where if A, the B MUST follow. Do you not think you can you can think outside influence from someone could be irrelevant to whatever situation you are dealing with, yet still recognize that their attempt at influence is important to them and act accordingly? Kind of like when someone tries to give advice before they know the whole picture. They have no influence because you know they don't know the whole picture, but you know they are just trying to help. I don't think that makes a person emotionally closed off, just discerning on what is important. But perhaps I am not understadning your meaning?

Journaling:
Well, I had an opportunity to talk to MIL for a moment today. They are leaving on Wednesday, and so I off handedly commented a wondering of "and I'll be on watch to see if W goes to be with you for the holidays"......... MIL responded with "Yes, she is working on that right now, she has to get it all worked out with her work first".
And there it is: The question is answered. Now I can make plans, there won't be a W this Christmas once again (unless something drastic happens). That is both a disappointment and a relief. It is what it is. Better to know than not.  :) 

I have gone ahead and booked my next vacation for the end of Feb  ;D ;D ;D
This time I'm doing it right, and going to visit come rollercoasters. I can't wait. A vacation of vacations!! Another thing to cross off the bucket list..... no MLC will stop me.  ;)
Now I have four months to get that 6-pack before hitting a water park. Great motivating factor. Do or die, "gonna diet like it's 19, 99!!" HA!! 

Hi Offroad  :D
I'll reply in the next thread, just so it doesn't end and get cut up  :D 

How about that.... another 150 in the can, and another thread comes to an end.  8)
On to part 12!!!

Lock me up Thunder!!  ;)

One day at a time,

-SS

New thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11842.0
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 04:48:37 PM by Thunder »
W - 40
M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

J
  • Trial Subscriber
Aliens stole my W!!!!! Part 11: Mars Attacks!!!
#151: October 09, 2021, 09:01:22 AM
Well, no one has lock this up YET, soooooo...

Sorry to hear about the holidays, SS. I'm amazed at your ability to take this all in stride.

JB

H
  • Trial Subscriber
#152: October 10, 2021, 10:13:07 PM
Hi SS,

Sorry to hear about your W's holiday trip but very glad that you already have plans to visit some fun amusement parks.   This holiday is going to be challenging for me as this will be my first holiday alone without W.   Our arrangements aren't finalized yet so unsure what my plans will be with and without my kids.   Looks like I need to be thinking about my own trip when I do have some downtime on my own.    Amusement parks, beach, or some skiing sound like fun.  Hope your trip planning goes well and you come up with a great trip.

HF

W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#153: October 12, 2021, 01:27:34 AM
It's time!

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.