Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story BRAND NEW MAN 12

W
My Story BRAND NEW MAN 12
#150: July 08, 2021, 03:43:31 PM
Hi Thunder,

Well when S18 first entered my car he was texting away feverishly so I know he was getting instructions from his mom. Getting him to talk about the driving school was like pulling teeth but I attribute that to him being up at 8am.

He did say that his mom relayed to him which pharmacy I should be using which is normal I guess. She preferred I use the one where she has their information. Now that comment did unsettle me a bit because I realized that I'm territorial.

She had 6 years to help S18 with his acne issue and I don't want her on board now. Stay out of the way. Same goes for the driving school since I'm carrying the financial burden of both on my own.

Oh IDK how I would react if I hear S18 say one day that his mom is taking him to the dermatologist. Again she had her chance to help him. I believe she will stay out of it ,though, since she is hiding from the house issue.

Now when we returned home we had to wait for her to arrive. S18 checked both doors and they were locked so he was not informed by her that she would be leaving obviously. He texted her and sat in my car while waiting.

She then called him on the phone and he stepped outside the car to take the call which was fine because I didn't want to hear her voice anyway. That was just more instructions. She had already texted him that she was on the way.

So she returned to her driveway and waited until I left the area before exiting her car as usual. Again she is avoiding the home sale issue.

Tomorrow I'm picking him up late since I am working. Saturday I will have him up early and we will be outdoors either hiking or kayaking. He can sleep late on Sunday as we practice driving on that day.

Yes it is amazing how he is no longer afraid to accept anything from me and I do like how he picks out where he wants to eat. Now last February he first mentioned this acne issue to me but he wasn't ready for me to help yet.

I immediately did research and brought him tons of product, lol. I brought a case of this beauty bar soap for his face and he has been taking one bar at a time.

Now it was in May when he finally asked me for help btw. So he would take one bar and then always tell me he took one. Like he didn't want to get in trouble, eventhough, I've been telling him since February to take the case of soap home with him.

So today at the diner he was telling me how his bar of soap had whittled down to nothing and he finally said, oh maybe I should take that case of soap home with me.  ;D Finally.

Thanks Thunder
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:48:04 PM by Watcher »

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
BRAND NEW MAN 12
#151: July 09, 2021, 12:51:04 AM
I'll reply here because 1) I'm a Mod and I can and 2) you haven't started a new thread yet....

My guess on the soap is that he remembers that BSC xW did all kinds of crazy $#!t with whatever you bought the boys previously so he was limiting the risk by taking one bar at a time... After all, if he took the whole case and xW "disappeared it" one day, he'd be stuffed....

It is good though that he is asking you for stuff now. He is finally beginning to trust that you are not the Ogre xW and MIL made you out to be....

;D
Trust takes time to build, especially when you have been subject to rigorous programming for so many years...

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.