Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Love & Hate

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
My Story Love & Hate
OP: July 07, 2021, 01:13:30 PM
Well a gauntlet was thrown, and I failed in any way to meet it but here it is. My second thread in the saga of “As the MLC turns…”

The song to kick this one off is…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzA2Ne0HSo

Link to first (previous thread) thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 03:09:03 PM by Thunder »
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
Love & Hate
#1: July 08, 2021, 03:54:59 AM

Following along....
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Administrator
Re: Love & Hate
#2: July 08, 2021, 12:00:50 PM
the end result was that my account and thread was deleted from the forum, while the instigators (some of which you saw here) have been left untouched.
I have been a member of that forum for 5 years but apparently only posted once on your thread.

So now my one post is gone and I tried to figure out how to post but tbh nothing really turned on that switch so I guess I will go another 5 years with no posts.  :) :) :)

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
#3: July 08, 2021, 12:15:47 PM
the end result was that my account and thread was deleted from the forum, while the instigators (some of which you saw here) have been left untouched.
I have been a member of that forum for 5 years but apparently only posted once on your thread.

So now my one post is gone and I tried to figure out how to post but tbh nothing really turned on that switch so I guess I will go another 5 years with no posts.  :) :) :)

Well I see! Maybe it was YOUR post that got me deleted!

8) ;D
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
#4: July 08, 2021, 12:31:33 PM
Welcome to your new thread, Marvin!

I'll be following along.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

• Administrator
#5: July 08, 2021, 12:43:41 PM

Well I see! Maybe it was YOUR post that got me deleted!

8) ;D
Its very possible - I can't even remember what I said, maybe like following along or something  else quite controversial.

C
Love & Hate
#6: July 08, 2021, 02:39:02 PM
Following along, Marvin.

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
Love & Hate
#7: July 09, 2021, 05:23:07 PM
Attaching
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

H
  • Trial Subscriber
Love & Hate
#8: July 10, 2021, 04:04:31 PM
Hi Marvin,

Here to continue to follow your journey.

HF
W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
#9: July 16, 2021, 01:53:48 AM
Thanks everyone for following along. Well nothing much to report still, seems like right now my W has settled into a new "normal" which is exactly the same as before. I am about to head back to town in another week, so I reached out to see what her "plans" were. Seems like she is happy to hang out at the house for now, so I am making arrangements for more AirBnB fun while I am in town for a few weeks.

Its just interesting to note that when I get back she will have been back for 2 months, and seems to plan to stay for at least a few more weeks. But then again it simply may be waiting for a time clock to run out so she can go back to her other "home" (something to do with an expired visa).

Only thing of note is that she has reduced contact somewhat again. And it seems there are more times when she does talk she sounds more anxious. All I have to say is I would NOT want to be constantly in a state of flux and anxiety. It has always puzzled me (MLC or not) when people who are obviously in emotional pain do not directly address what is going on. If you walked around with a broken leg how long would you keep pretending you are ok?

Song for today (TM Nas), lyrics appropriate, but a version that fits the feel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Tb6zCSzpM

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.