Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH

W
My Story SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#50: November 24, 2021, 03:44:12 PM
Yesterday I picked up my bib for the Thanksgiving 5K. Sometimes these shoe companies, like Racefaster and Road Runners, have the racing bib in their stores for pickup to encourage some purchasing by the runners. Racefaster has a really nice sneaker at $160 but I took a pass. I loved the orange, white and blue color combo.

I woke up this morning with sore shoulders because yesterday was a male instructor, therefore, we threw a lot of punches. Today was the Wednesday morning female instructor so I picked up some sore abs.

Today she wore a flesh colored cat suit which was an interesting choice I would say. Then she mentioned something about her first husband and that was a red flag. You know what they say about a woman with a first husband afterall.  ::) Probably the same thing they say about a man who has a first wife, hahaha.

Then I went to work and this is the worse travel day of the year. I stopped for coffee and tragedy struck. The cashier gave me the senior discount. OMG. Today I uncovered the male MLC missing link. Senior discount ! Talk about a tale spin. This is how it all starts.

I was so tempted to lift my shirt and ask her if I had senior obliques, hahaha. Absolutely the worse cup of coffee that I ever had. We left work early and I got over myself during my 1.5 hour commute to travel 19 miles. This was actually the best day before Thanksgiving travel day ever. Last night was a real nightmare on the NJ Turnpike.

I was contemplating a double workout on Friday after that discount insult, lol.

It's cold but I will still run in shorts tomorrow since it will be less than 30 minutes. I work this weekend but I have a 12k on Sunday morning. I ran this course in July as a 4 miler. It's all hills so it will be a workout at 7.5 miles. I probably will wear shorts for that one also at 40 degrees

I have Luke Combs on both Monday and Tuesday in NYC at Madison Square Garden. I've never been to that venue before. That was originally scheduled for 2020.

Enjoy your day everyone
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:50:05 PM by Watcher »

W
SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#51: November 26, 2021, 10:57:16 AM
Yesterday was the Thanksgiving Day 5K. The temps were 35 degrees with the sun out so I was still able to run in shorts. I was layered up top and that was probably a mistake as I was too hot since it's run at a quicker pace.

I think I'm too conditioned with running longer distances and it will take me time to adjust to these shorter runs. My first mile was fast but I was overheated quickly so I had to slow the pace a bit. It's probably better to always start the first mile slow and then increase the pace.

This morning I was already at Kickboxing as I was burning off 2 pieces of dessert. Unfortunately I think I may have had 4 pieces of dessert.  :o I think tomorrow will be a rest day since my hamstrings are incredibly tight. They are always tight. Not quite sure why.

I have a hilly 12K on Sunday so that will be a much slower start as I have to navigate the hills. Back in July I did run the then 4 mile course at a 5K pace and survived. IDK about 7.5 miles this time around.

Enjoy your day everyone

K
SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#52: November 27, 2021, 11:44:47 AM
Omg Luke Combs is my absolute fav! He performed at half time for the Dallas game. And then the Raiders won. Great day all around for me.

Also, I believe the correct nomenclature is “starter wife or starter husband.”

Enjoy the concerts! I’m jealous.
Me 50
H 49
S15
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

W
SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#53: November 28, 2021, 12:32:51 PM
LOL KIT,

Yes, starter spouse, hahaha. Oh I can't wait to use that one. I did see Luke Combs at the halftime show and that was a pleasant surprise. The Cowboys losing also made for a great Thanksgiving.

This morning was my 12K and we had snow flurries and gray skies. So that means I had to wear tights so it was a butt day instead of legs I guess. This was my run club race. Thanksgiving's 5k was not.

Two weeks ago I was last running around in the woods during a club race when I came upon Tequila Bar, Beer Stand and Whiskey Table, lol.

This morning I picked up my bib at 830am along with my complimentary coconut rum chaser which pairs nice with coffee apparently. Well it was cold afterall with a mixture of flurries. I think I'm just going to stick to club runs from now on.

This race was all hills and more hills and it was run in farm country. Last July I ran this course for the first time as it was offered as a 4 miler. Well we didn't encounter "The Hill" during that foray. My Garmin says it was a 633 foot climb.

Now this was a 5K and 12K as the feint of heart were given an option to avoid "The Hill". Apparently runners are lunatics and the majority ran the 12K as conquering "The Hill" is some badge of honor. There had to be 8 hills overall so it was slow going as it takes it's toll on the lower back.

Usually my abs are not sore from running but I definitely feel them now. I had to go to work afterwards so the fun was short lived. Yes I'm looking forward to the concerts and 2 days of rest. I saw him at Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia back in 2019 and he put on an incredible show.

I don't think he has put out one clunker yet. I was still in my country infancy in 2019 so I will appreciate it more this time around.

Enjoy your day
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 12:34:33 PM by Watcher »

W
SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#54: November 30, 2021, 12:22:28 PM
I took the train into New York yesterday for the concert last night at Madison Square Garden. The train station and arena are connected so technically one doesn't have to go outside. The ride over from NJ is simply enough.

I was there a bit early so I went to eat beforehand. I sat in this section that they refer to as a bridge but it sort of resembles a halo and sits on top of the arena and the view was incredible. The first 2 acts were ok but nothing that was memorable. I knew 2 Ashley McBryde songs and I never heard of the opening act.

Luke Combs opened with "Cold As You" and closed with "Hurricane". Everything in between was great, even some of the songs I really don't like. I think it helps when the crowd sings along.

My favorite song of his is maybe "Forever After All". "Brand New Man" was a good one. Apparently no one likes MIL's as that was everyone's favorite line when he sang "When It Rains It Pours". Hmm, I thought it was just me. ::)

The crowd was incredible and that also adds to the experience.

He really has hit after hit as his show just moves along nicely. Leaving NY can be a bit chaotic afterwards but I just went with the flow and boarded my train. This morning I woke up tired and then I went to work. I felt the effects of running on Sunday this morning.

I'm sitting in a different section for tonight's show but I'm sure the atmosphere will be just as good.

Enjoy your day everyone

• Mentor
Re: SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#55: November 30, 2021, 12:48:43 PM
Watcher my favorite sing by him is Hurricane.

As not much of a country fan, I do like him....and Aldean.

Have fun tonight!   ;D
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

W
SOMEWHERE ON A BEACH
#56: Today at 10:05:09 AM
Hi Thunder,

The undercard was pretty bland for this concert and a bit rough. "Cold As You" is supposed to be a follow up to the "Hurricane" story line if you watch the videos.

I had a better seat on night #2 and the acoustics actually sounded better since I was lower I believe.

The MSG venue was nice and my next concert there will be in May with Eric Church. I do believe I prefer the Summer outdoor venues more. The songs were played in a different order for night #2 so it felt like a different concert experience.

I did follow up with four days of kickboxing as I just keep moving forward. Keep moving forward is the motto when attacking the bag, lol. Tomorrow I may have to run just to keep myself honest even though it's cold. I may need to run once a week just to get me to Spring.

I'm very fond of this new "Sweep The Leg" philosophy. I was reading this new phase comes after the agape phase has departed. IDK....Maybe the LBS should be advised to Sweep The Leg and lose the agape. ::)

Well I look forward to the day when the leg is finally swept. No Mercy !

Enjoy your day everyone

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.