Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Brigher than the fire around me

H
  • Trial Subscriber
My Story Brigher than the fire around me
#10: November 24, 2021, 06:01:37 PM
I knew it would be unhealthy for me and for our daughter to stay attached to him so I was never tempted to check in on him or the OW via mutual acquaintances or social media. I have my pride and my sense of self and I won't compromise either one for him. I love the quotes: "Let go or be dragged. " and "Never make someone else a priority, who makes you an option."

Thank you Phoenix for your message and strength giving myself and others on this forum hope as we work to rebuild our lives.  I just blocked my W on social media and am working to detach as our divorce reaches its final stages.  I like the quotes "Let go or be dragged".   I am definitely letting go and looking forward to the future in my life.

HF 
W - 42
M - 46
Together 19 years, M 17
2 kids
BD - July 2020
W Left Home - January 2021
W Filed for D - May 2021

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.