Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Confused and wondering if I should have any hope...

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
My Story Confused and wondering if I should have any hope...
#120: March 01, 2024, 04:04:37 AM

I can't decide if the problem is that I'm just not willing to accept that he doesn't love or want to be with me anymore (he said this multiple times), or if he is in MLC.

I think the hardest part is that we do have to accept what they say, whether they are entirely true or not. We can speculate but never know why they said it (and the speculation just spins is in circles). The prolonged pain of the LBS is from trying to get inside someone else’s mind and figure out what is true and what is not, which is an impossible task. it can’t be done. And the meaning that we assign to everything they say and do is coming from our own minds, we’re projecting it. It’s not reality. We can’t construct a reality out of the unknown, though we try to, and in the process we often break our own hearts.

What he has said is hurtful (and cruel), and I remember how hurtful those words were. It hurts to tell ourselves that they are true. It hurts in a different way to tell ourselves that they are not true, because that creates the never ending loop of projection, looking for confirmation that they’re not true, seeing signs in everything they do.

I also understand the desire to hear stories of a change from that horrible, cold lack of empathy. There can be comfort in knowing that others experienced that. What I can say is that you’re very close to it right now and it will look different the more you detach, the less you are focused on it. in hindsight, I would suspect that many LBS would say that the shift occurred when the LBS emotional state changed with detachment and the MLCer’s behavior stopped feeling so intensely personal, and through the lens of detachment, their perceived level of indifference or coldness lessened.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 04:50:32 AM by Nas »
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

You can either be consumed or forged. It’s up to you; the fire doesn’t care either way.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.