M - 44
Together 25 years, M 23
No kids
BD - 27th April 2019
Start of Shadow - Feb 2012

• Mentor
Towards the place where all loose ends go
#11: February 19, 2021, 09:30:48 PM
Following along Nas. Hope you feel better soon.

The Outsiders - Nice! I was just in Tulsa a couple months ago and stopped by the house they used for the movie.

Stay gold, y'all.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

#12: February 20, 2021, 04:58:11 AM
       Hi Nas following along! My dog is named Soda Pop lol I love that movie. I do hope you feel better soon . Sending Good Vibes your way !
Together 12 yrs Married 5
5 kids 3- Step (21) (20) (18) Two together ( 8 ) (9)
BD1 March 2018 - I wish I could give you more of what you need
BD2 Aug 2018 - I want a divorce sent by text ILWYBNILWY

O/M Discovered Nov-18

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#13: February 20, 2021, 10:53:02 AM
Attaching

I am thinking that I have actually never seen The Outsiders.  Hmmm.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Re: Towards the place where all loose ends go
#14: February 20, 2021, 11:43:37 AM
Stay Golden, Nas!

You can't lose with any S.E. Hinton adaptation. And you know my feelings on Duran Duran... :-*

A
#15: February 20, 2021, 12:00:53 PM
How are you feeling, today, Nas? 
Did cake help?
Feb 2015: BD. 
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

H never left home.

N

Nas

#16: February 21, 2021, 04:56:18 PM
How are you feeling, today, Nas? 
Did cake help?

Actually, I received an unexpected gift of cake and it really helped a ton even though I haven’t tasted it yet. (I can’t wait because it looks delicious.)  I’m waiting for my fever to break.

I spent all day on the couch under a heated throw blanket, falling asleep on and off while episodes of House played in the background  (I loved that show but had forgotten about it). As I was making myself some soup and a cup of tea with honey, I realized this is exactly like when I would get sick during my marriage. So I’m not really missing having someone here because I’m still taking care of myself with no help. 🙄

I’m loving all the love you guys have for Duran Duran and The Outsiders.  ;)

A
#17: February 22, 2021, 05:58:32 AM
Some soup and tea with honey.  And a gift of cake.  I hope your fever flees in the face of such powerful enemies.
(((((HUGS)))))
Feb 2015: BD. 
Dec 2017: Seriously reconnecting

H never left home.

K
#18: February 22, 2021, 11:13:11 AM
Hi Nas. Hope you are feeling better. I chuckled a little when you said taking care of yourself now is the same as when in your marriage--no help.  It is so important that we not idealize our marriages as they were just b/c we were abandoned. Good reminder.

And oh do I adore Duran Duran and the Outsiders. I just watched it with S14 a few months ago. He loved it too.

Enjoy your cake my friend--both literal and figurative.
Me 49
H 48
S13
BD 5/16
H Moved out 6/16
OW--yes. Worked for H. EA turned into PA while I was in chemo. On again/off again like every high school romance

M
Re: Towards the place where all loose ends go
#19: February 22, 2021, 03:05:02 PM
Dear Nas, I hope your fever will break at any second. Me too I had to take care of myself when I had a fever. Good point you make! Actually, your H sounds like a clone of my H.

Hope the honey tea and House (loved that show) get you up and going very soon.x
Married 1989, together since 1984 
BD May 2014,
D26, D23, S16
OW Physical Affair same one. He and she said she turned 34 the month of BD. She turned 52 this year.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.