Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My Story Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred
OP: February 22, 2021, 12:14:43 PM
Before my fellow mentors give me a ration.... It's new thread time.....

Last thread : https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11346
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:17:59 PM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred
#1: February 22, 2021, 10:40:23 PM
Following along for the further adventures of UM.
"I'm slowly learning to expect nothing and appreciate everything."

Together 28 years, married 27. Two adult kids, ours

BD #1: 2016 - EA  |  BD #2: 2018 - FA

W moved out - June 2019 | OM#3 - July 2019
W asks for divorce - August 2019 | Divorce final - September 2019 | Moving on

My thread: https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11537.new#new

New Here? Read this! http://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=1149.0

b
#2: February 23, 2021, 12:29:05 PM
Love the title.   Along for the ride!

s
#4: February 23, 2021, 06:17:52 PM
Just caught up on the end of your last thread, UM.  Your update was a nice one to read. 

I'm not a bit surprised to hear of yet another household where distance learning is not going well.  Good on you as a parent for at least trying to enforce some rules in how it should look.  It appears that many of the parents of the kids I teach have just given up!   

Nice work with that virtual challenge you are in.  You are rocking it.  I just signed up for another virtual 5K in April.  Like you, I find if I have something motivating to work toward it really does help keep me moving. 

BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Y

Yo

#5: February 23, 2021, 08:59:27 PM
Following
Yo ❤

E
#6: February 24, 2021, 12:00:15 AM
Another one following along UM  :)
M: 53 (48 @ BD), H: 55 (51 @ BD); Married 20yrs, together 23yrs
D: 24 (19 @ BD), D: 22 (17 @ BD), 'Extra D': 22 (17 @ BD)
BD (that I didn't recognise as such) Easter 2018
BD 9th Sep 2018
OW - he (supposedly) met her in the pub a week before BD, told me about her a week after BD. Thinks 'their planets have collided' because 'their eyes met across the room' and they had an 'instant connection'. Lives with her. Is building a life with her.
Jun 20: H plans to buy a block of land and build a house with her (never happens).
May 22: Movement... (likely T&G? Time will tell I guess)
May 23: Yep, definitely a T&G last year. Still have contact but very minimal. He is a long way away from me these days. He doesn't seem particularly happy in his new life... but he's still there soooo....

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
#7: February 24, 2021, 03:48:02 AM
Well, when I left off my last thread, I had finished talking about blended families so now, for something completely new and different....

As part of my health insurance, every 2 years, I get to be poked, prodded, and perused, inside and out....

Today I was at the doc for one of the final (I hope) appointments in this round and, for the first time, my new GP did an ultrasound of the upper and lower abdominal area (the Urologist does one of the "lower" bits as a matter of course to measure prostate size, etc.)... So, here I am, 57 and my GP is a woman, probably mid-40's and her assistant (woman in her mid-30's I am guessing - hard to tell with all the masks), I'm laying on the table with no shirt (at least it was warm) and they start going through the Ultrasound... and I get to hear things like "Oooo... there is the Aorta! Lovely! Look here <click, click, click> It is only 160 mm wide! If it is more than 250 mm, it is concerning and 500 mm means that surgery is needed SOON and no deposits or signs of hardening.... OK, lift your arms up please because we can't really see the liver.... Take a deep breath - OH! THERE IT IS! Your liver is really rather high. That is good because that means that it is not enlarged at all. An enlarged liver has to go down into the abdomen because if it goes up, it impedes the lung ..  and look, there is the kidney right next to it. Look at the definition between the two! Textbook Picture! That is because he is not overweight, you see... And you measure this part here - Take another deep breath and hold it please... " and this goes on for an HOUR!  Meanwhile, the doctor has printed out SO many pictures for the assistant that the paper in the machine has run out so the assistant resort to taking pictures of the screen with her cell phone.....

My appointment was planned for 20 minutes but they were having so much fun looking at my insides and the one doctor showing the other how to work the machine... "And there is the bladder - not too full .. and there - yes, right there is the gall bladder... You really didn't eat this morning, did you? (I was supposed to have not eaten so I didn't). You can see that because the gall bladder is relatively full....  and the left kidney is ... no no no not there, it is up higher than that on the left side and you have to look in between the shadows caused by the ribs. Solid bone doesn't let the ultrasound waves pass, that is why there is the black shadow there.... Take another deep breath please...  YOU see, you can have a REALLY top-notch Ultrasound machine but if the patient is fat/diabetic/overweight, it still takes a lot of time. With someone like him, it is easy, even with my mid-grade machine because he is in good shape so the organs are easy to see .. and there is the Pancreas right there... and the spleen is here but it is harder to see.. No, if he turns on his side so that the left kidney is up, the spleen falls into the abdominal cavity and you can't see it at all...

It really was quite amusing in the end.. I have NEVER had two women be so enthusiastically enamoured over my "internal values."

not to mention having more hands run over my upper body for an extended period of time and that includes getting physiotherapy for whiplash...

At the end, the doctor thanked me for having so much patience with them... but the bottom line was that for 57, I am in pretty decent shape...
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

• Mentor
Re: Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred
#8: February 24, 2021, 05:49:19 AM
 ;D ;)
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

Y

Yo

#9: February 24, 2021, 06:23:10 AM
💪👏👏👏
Yo ❤

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.