Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
My Story Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred
#30: March 02, 2021, 11:44:35 PM
You can amuse her with tales of your perfectly placed organs during her recovery.

This made me laugh out loud, DF  :)
But will UM be able to find the right kind of gif for this....... ;D

How about this one?

Well, R may not be home as soon as we thought... The hospital has laid 2 drainage catheters in her arm and she has significant pain. One problem is that her body physically does not metabolize pain medication well. Instead it is in and out with very little effect. At the ER, they gave her a dose of an opiate (Stupid people did not write down what it was - only that it was 6.5 mg but the Head Doctor followed it up and found out what it was) that should have had her looking at the pretty lights in La La Land and she was fully functional and still in pain...

She will get what is called a Pain Catheter today where there is a constant flow of pain meds but that can NOT be used outside the hospital (she had the same thing when she had her shoulder OP last year and it worked well) so we will see.....

I talked to her this morning and she was REALLY tired/wiped out because she was only able to get 3-4 hours light sleep due to the pain last night...   :(
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Thread 37 - Blended, not stirred
#31: March 02, 2021, 11:46:39 PM
So sorry to hear that R is not in a good place, and I hope that this improves soon.
But much respect for the gif, UM - I should have known better  :) ;D
The Marvellous Bear strikes again!
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Mentor
#32: March 03, 2021, 12:14:19 AM
So sorry to hear that R is not in a good place, and I hope that this improves soon.
But much respect for the gif, UM - I should have known better  :) ;D
The Marvellous Bear strikes again!

I had another one that was better but it was just a tad "risque" in a Virtual Reality sort of way (liquid Metal art) and I didn't want to offend anyone so ...
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

D
#33: March 03, 2021, 11:00:17 AM
How awful for R.  I will add her to my prayers - the Lord will know who I am taking about. 
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

#34: March 03, 2021, 04:16:00 PM
UM - Sorry to hear about R's pain.
The catheters are wonderful and they do make those that you can take home - at least in the US.
They're called On-Q and such. 
Is there a specific pain team who would be able to help her with that?? Or is that who's handling the one in the hospital?
I'd love her to have the same pain relief at home as in the hospital...

Sending hugs and wishes for quick and pain relief for R.

Sea

• Mentor
#35: March 25, 2021, 07:29:02 AM
Well, Tuesday, S13 became S14....

Unfortunately, since my job has decided to sentence me to 2 weeks of an online training form 08:30-14:30 (IN FREAKING CANADA! Meaning 13:30-19:30 where I am  ::) I know, I should be happy to be working in the pandemic but for crying out loud... come on.... ), and since Tuesday was a "school day" we will have a Corona-approved (read "small") party on Saturday. He wanted and got a PC for his birthday (or rather he got the PARTS for a PC and we have taken the last 4 days to build it.

He went to xW's Tuesday afternoon so he could celebrate his B-Day with mom and D10 and then came back yesterday.

We got it up and running today so he is happy as a clam....

By the way, who has seen the movie "Lion" about the boy in India who gets separated from his family, is adopted by a couple in Australia, and then, 25 years later, embarks on a search for his mother?  SERIOUSLY depressing except for the fact that it does happy end and is based on a true story...
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#36: March 25, 2021, 07:40:36 AM
Hello,

By the way, who has seen the movie "Lion" about the boy in India who gets separated from his family, is adopted by a couple in Australia, and then, 25 years later, embarks on a search for his mother?  SERIOUSLY depressing except for the fact that it does happy end and is based on a true story...

I thought it was an awesome movie. Very sad, but a very good movie and high recommend it.

Happy birthday to son 14!

(((((Ready)))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
  • Back to being #1 for my daughters!!!!
#37: March 25, 2021, 07:45:47 AM
Hello again,

SERIOUSLY depressing

Seriously depressing is "Dear Zachary: a letter to a son about his father". That documentary made both my wife and I cry- just like Lion, it is a true story.

((((Ready))))
"Always look in the mirror and love what you see."

• Mentor
#38: March 25, 2021, 07:47:41 AM

I thought it was an awesome movie. Very sad, but a very good movie and high recommend it.

Happy birthday to son 14!

(((((Ready)))))

R thought I needed to see it as I was adopted (at birth) and have NO real desire or need to search out my biological genetic contributors...  ::)  I have never seen a need for it but she and others seem to think there is some sort of hidden need there that I am supressing.... For me, it is really simple. Unlike the boy in the movie, I have NO memories at all having been taken from my birth mother at birth and going with my parents when I was 3 DAYS old... so I only know (and care about) my REAL parents and they are the ones (OK, my mom) that raised me...
Me - 60, xW - 54
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
Moved on in life

Site Map

D
#39: March 25, 2021, 10:29:42 AM
Thanks for the warning UM.

I just finished reading Radium Girls. I highly suggest that, if you have a strong desire to read it, you wait until the pandemic is over and long forgotten because THAT is some seriously depressing stuff.  Also a true story. 

Happy Birthday S!!  Let there be cake!! 
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.