Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story The Dawn holds the heaviness of the Night

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
My Story Re: The Dawn holds the heaviness of the Night
#150: July 07, 2021, 01:01:03 PM
Thank you both for the great observations. I honestly do not take what happened elsewhere to heart (just like with my Ws MLC). Honestly the whole MLC experience was a gift in two major ways: one was that I finally really internalized what is mine and what is not mine, and really have gotten to comfortably be around other peoples “issues” without reflecting any of it on myself. This applies to my W and some of the angry unhappy people in real and virtual life. The second is finding and growing the parts of me that were “needing” someone else to be ok. And without that need it is so much easier to just live MY life, and not have any focus on what my W or anyone else is doing.

In all truth as many have said it is more likely the LBS will move on than the MLCer will ever “wake up.” That doesn’t mean one shouldn’t decide for a healthy stand if they choose. Rather it points to where I am today. I really read nothing into anything she does. And you both have described it well: she is in a more manageable, less frantic state of replay. With some attempts at trying to keep me around.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

N

Nas

The Dawn holds the heaviness of the Night
#151: July 07, 2021, 01:04:35 PM
Marvin, Acorn and R2T, great posts, way to end Marvin's first thread with a mic drop.

Marvin, FYI, now that you've entered the realm, I do have some expectations (going against LBS protocol) for a second thread title-song association so please do not disappoint.  But absolutely no pressure, lol.  ;)

m
  • Subscriber, 12 Month
Re: The Dawn holds the heaviness of the Night
#152: July 07, 2021, 01:13:53 PM
New thread before I get kicked in the head….

https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11801.0
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 06:59:44 PM by Mitzpah »
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
The Dawn holds the heaviness of the Night
#153: July 08, 2021, 03:50:13 AM
Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.