Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story You Can't Touch This

D
My Story You Can't Touch This
OP: July 21, 2021, 10:41:29 AM
We ended the last thread with a guest appearance by SPQ at my brother's golf outing with some old friends and OR suggesting that this encounter, between brother and SPQ, had nothing to do with me.

This is an interesting thought and I have been turning it over in my mind the last couple of days. I did consider speaking with my brother about it but it was his last night here and we were having a birthday celebration for my niece. I didn't want to put him on a plane the next morning having that be our last conversation.  And I agree, his options were limited and it was probably a miserable ordeal ... or maybe it wasn't.  I really don't know.  But in the end it is my trigger to deal with I suppose.

I feel as though I have barred all the doors and windows to my house to keep SPQ from accessing me and my life and here I find her looking in through a basement window gathering information.  And I found myself hoping that brother was careful with his conversation and me and my kids didn't come up.                 
Just so annoying.  Go ride off into the sunset with LB already.   Sunset is that a way SPQ  :P

My Mom mentioned to me yesterday that brother had golfed with SPQ's brother and I said yeah and SPQ.  My Mom was taken aback and said brother hadn't mentioned that SPQ was there. 

In any event, I think not bringing her up at my niece's party was a good decision.  Speaking her name invites her energy into a space, gives her power and importance, makes her relevant.  I think it is way past time to stop invoking her name in my time and space,  It is time to make her irrelevant because her peek in my basement is not worth my time or energy.  She is looking in from 20 years behind me.                 

As the Bhagavad Gita (an ancient Indian text) states “It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.”  And that is where we are isn't it?   So moving forward it is eyes on my own paper - no more time wasted on the forest creatures peeking in the basement windows.   

That being said, the new fence is coming this weekend (I think) and with it a dumpster.  I plan on hitting the garage hard and heavy and taking full advantage of that dumpster. And I might just find myself tossing a piece of paper in the dumpster with SPQ's name on it. 

You can't touch this.       

https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=11600.0;all
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
You Can't Touch This
#1: July 22, 2021, 06:46:08 AM
Attaching to read the further antics of the SPQ

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
You Can't Touch This
#2: July 22, 2021, 05:23:25 PM
Attaching to read the further antics of the SPQ

Bahaha...the sour queen really is hollow at her core 😬😂

And, heck no DF.....she definitely can't touch your vibe.  I think everything she is doing is probably because things with LB hit the skids a long time ago, so she's looking to you to see just what it is (was) about you that kept him enthralled with you for 20 years, while she's had his fleeting interest at best for just a couple measly years.  She just doesn't get it though....he didn't leave you seeking her.  He left trying to escape himself.  Even if she could, which she never could, becoming a 2nd Hand knock off of you is not going to win his affections.  Who even knows at this point what sort of emotions and feelings a MLC'er is even capable of feeling anyway.  I would guess they would be very fickle and shallow at best.

Just keep being your badass self and make SPQ keep wondering what your next move is going to be.  She seems almost more obsessed with you than she does LB, and that's just plain weird.

s
You Can't Touch This
#3: July 22, 2021, 08:16:03 PM
DF - I caught the end of your previous thread where SPQ crashed the golf event.  Or maybe somebody invited her.  Either way, I'm guessing that your bro didn't appreciate her appearance. 

Good to read that you've moved right on down the highway past that event. 

You're a formidable force, my friend!  Keep rockin' it! 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

D
You Can't Touch This
#4: July 23, 2021, 10:31:00 AM
UM you have me laughing again.  Both at the GIF and your confidence that I can banish SPQ from my thread.

BB and SB I am so thankful that you are still here letting me vent about all this. 

Perhaps SPQ is confused as to why she is not living the life she tried to steal from me.  I mean theoretically I should be miserable and poor now and she should be happy and rollin in the money .... or whatever messed up vision she had in her head when she orchestrated this whole life swap thing.  I figure she has the Bahamas, passing the bar exam and starting her new fancy lawyer job and then she gets to settle in for lawyer work ... which is hard, unrewarding, stressful work most days.  My Mom and I think she will unravel after this year.  She has changed men, changed jobs, changed careers, changed houses and like they say - where ever you go there you are.  Not too many glory days left to toot her own horn.   

In the meantime, dumpster is here!!  She can watch my new fence go up and the garage get cleaned out.  Can't touch this.                   
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

You Can't Touch This
#5: July 23, 2021, 11:05:12 AM
I think the weird truth may be actually that SPQ is more in love with the idea of being you than in love with your xh.....she was probably always envious of you.......which of course means she is doomed to failure  :) ::) bc there is only one DF and she rocks  :)
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.
Healing and growing found here https://littleplotbythesea.wordpress.com

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

• Mentor
You Can't Touch This
#6: July 23, 2021, 01:55:19 PM
Danged straight, can't touch this! You GO!
When life gives you lemons, make SALSA!

D
You Can't Touch This
#7: July 24, 2021, 04:21:44 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, after 9 hours of work today the garage is finally cleaned out.  The old fence is down and two sides of the new fence are up. My entire body hurts.

I posted a picture of my dumpster on Fakebook this morning and just said “dumpster day” with a smiley face. Within 20 minutes LB was calling the kids to see if they wanted him to pick them up and take them to breakfast. Bahahaha! Sure LB come on by and see for yourself I am throwing out what is left of your crap!!

Tomorrow I start pitching the inside stuff in the dumpster. There was something so utterly satisfying about throwing stuff in a dumpster. 10 out of 10 - highly recommend.

You seriously can’t touch this.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
You Can't Touch This
#8: July 26, 2021, 02:34:35 AM
Oooooo... A Dumpster Diver!

He had the opportunity to pick up his stuff so ...

Me - 58, xW - 50
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 14, D - 10
2 Dogs
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

b
You Can't Touch This
#9: July 26, 2021, 02:18:31 PM
DF, I mean the dude has proven himself to be an expert dumpster diver 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤣🤣

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.