Skip to main content

Author Topic: My Story You Can't Touch This

D
My Story You Can't Touch This
#20: August 18, 2021, 11:24:16 AM
Yes Faith, I think it did sting.  They are all going on vacation together in a week and a half but they really don't hang out together or include each other in their daily lives here in the real world..  It is the most messed up family dynamic.  How hard is it to just love each other?

In the meantime, D was talking to SPQ's daughter, who also is not excited about the trip, and come to find out SPQ's D had NO IDEA that they were travelling with LB's entire family.  SPQ did not tell her kids they were going on LB's family vacation.  I wonder when she was going to spring that on them - at the airport? D says that SPQ's D is super, extra, angry now.  SPQ's D says she has grandparents - doesn't need new ones.  So that is a fun new dynamic.

I haven't heard anything else about the trip.  I assume they all stuck their heads back in the sand for now.     

I have been working extra hard to not talk or think about SPQ.  I have decided she takes up too much of my headspace.  Free rent livin in my mind.  It is hard work tho.  Here I am typing away about her ... blah!  Wouldn't it be nice if she just vanished from my mind like someone I used to go to high school with long ago and haven't thought about for years.   Someone will mention her name one day and I will be like who?  Oh that girl from church...     A girl can dream,

I have been kinda lazy these last few weeks.... fence is done, garage is cleaned, brother has gone back home.  I am just fretting about the upcoming trip (I still haven't received my passport yet) and school starting and watching trash tv.  Church is just a hot mess and I keep getting dragged into the frey. The pastor quit, the church secretary is in the hospital and several of our active older members are facing health and family issues leaving a large void.  BFF is wearing way too many hats and is trying to keep it all together.  She keeps crying so I keep trying to help out on the down low.  Which is just plain weird.                                 
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016
Left home Sept 4, 2016 - living with parents
H filed for D - July 24, 2017
D final March 14, 2018 - still living at parent's house

“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi

b
You Can't Touch This
#21: August 19, 2021, 04:23:33 PM
I'd stock up on popcorn, DF.  It sounds like the Dysfunction Junction episodes are about to become even more enthralling with the guest appearance of SPQs less than thrilled D.  First, LB gets dissed by nephew, then his parents get dissed by the girl "who already has grandparents".  Nobody wants them 🤣🤣

D
You Can't Touch This
#22: August 25, 2021, 11:09:22 AM
Ahhhh you are very wise BB.

Soooo, the travel destination has now reached a level 4 travel advisory for COVID.  That has added a new level of anxiety and drama to the trip.

The outlaws refuse to cancel.  They don't care how anyone feels, nobody can cancel.  Everyone is going.  These are exactly the kind of people I want to vacation with.  You know, the kind of people that don't give a poop about how I feel as long as they are getting what they want- a family vacation that they can brag to their neighbors about.   

LB called D last night whining about how he didn't want to go but his parent wouldn't allow him to cancel.  Listen to your 52 year old self - can't decide what to wear or where or when to go on vacation for yourself.  Calling your 19 year old D to cry about it all ... poor, poor LB.  My GF laughed and said he is so lucky I am not his wife anymore because I would have stomped over there and told them nope .... we are not going and that would have been the end of it.  As D said, it is kind of hard when you live in their basement I guess.

D is so annoyed because if they all get trapped there in some COVID quarantine she is going to miss weeks of college  - not the few days she reluctantly agreed to.

So off they all went to get COVD tests this morning.         

Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

b
You Can't Touch This
#23: August 25, 2021, 02:08:47 PM
And the saga of As the MLC World Burns continues 🤣🤣🤣  I can hardly suppress the build up of spontaneous laughter at the thought of a pouty man baby, all of 52 years old, rebelling against the parents, in whose basements he resides.  I'm imaging it was quickly followed by thumb sucking and drawing cartoon caricatures of them, complete with devil horns and menacing faces 🤣🤣🤣

s
You Can't Touch This
#24: August 25, 2021, 05:29:01 PM
I'm kind of surprised that D doesn't just tell the lot of them that she can't risk missing weeks of school and will not be attending fabulous family vacay. 

Do keep us posted, DF.  It can be another thing I just shake my head about. 
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

D
You Can't Touch This
#25: August 28, 2021, 06:09:45 AM
D is still young and not wanting to make waves. She thinks she can somehow create harmony by sacrificing her own wants and needs. I have tried to warn her. I have 20 years of experience setting aside my feelings and wishes to placate this exact group of people. None of it mattered. So now I wear whatever brand of clothing I want, eat wherever I want and decide my own vacations and I am happier and healthier for it. And LB is still there, at 52, trying to please the void. I just hope it doesn’t take D 20 years to learn the void can not be pleased and will destroy your soul if you let it.

Last night the kids had dinner with the outlaws. D said they were hating on the anti vaxers. There is no science behind the ranting just hating on them for ruining their vacation.  Every dinner they are hating on someone or some group or some entity they blame for their unhappiness. It must be emotionally exhausting for them.

I was getting ready to go meet some friends for drinks and dinner and the kids came piling back in the house. D was all disgusted and said we have to pay to get COVID tests to get back in the US. I was like oh that can’t be right. Isn’t it included in your package? D says we don’t have a “package” just airfare and a room. I stop dead in my tracks … no package? But you are on an island… everything is imported… and expensive… and these clowns have no money. I looked at D and said if there is no package there is going to be serious in fighting about money on this trip. D sighed loudly and said why do you think we are home already - it has already started. Apparently SPQ was having a meltdown over having to pay for re-enter COVID tests for the three of them and has cancelled breakfasts. D was like we were told to find our own breakfast with our minimum wage money. I guess it is good that S doesn’t usually eat breakfast as he has no job.

At dinner, I was telling my friend about it and she was like oh, they totally make you pay for those re-enter COVID tests. It is such a scam, so much better to go with the all inclusive deals.

The biggest question, of course, is how are they going to pay for all the alcohol they need!!

Well, they leave tomorrow morning so I guess we are going to find out. Popcorn at the ready.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

D
You Can't Touch This
#26: August 28, 2021, 04:01:17 PM
I went to check the flight info this afternoon and the flight Info he gave me goes to NC. So tired of this passive aggressive BS.   And so I had to be the evil, drama queen X and tell him nobody was leaving the house until I had the ENTIRE travel itinerary.

In the meantime, D tells me that the plan is to refuse to eat with the outlaws unless they pay for dinner. It is utterly disgusting, selfish behavior.
Married 1998
MLC H 48
LBS W 47
D16, S12
BD March, 2016

― Jalaluddin Rumi

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
You Can't Touch This
#27: August 28, 2021, 08:04:11 PM
What a mess DF.  Oh my goodness!
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

b
You Can't Touch This
#28: August 29, 2021, 10:58:12 AM
DF, so who is actually paying for your kiddos?  I sure as heck hope you aren't, because not one aspect of this trip sounds at all planned besides getting on a plane and leaving the country...in the middle of a world health crisis, no less.  Another wtf moment to add to the ever-growing list.

And, seriously,  who travels these days to a tropical location and doesn't go with the no-brainer, all-inclusive deal?  Oh, that's right....people without the brains lol. Nope, my kids would be staying home.

s
You Can't Touch This
#29: August 29, 2021, 05:32:14 PM
I sure hope you got the entire itinerary, DF.  I know I'd want to know exactly where my kids were too.   

I sending good vibes to D - she's going to need it dealing with all this dysfunction.   ::)
BD: 1/1/16
Together 15 years - married 7 years
His divorce final 7/26/16
Married the OW

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.