Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies

• Mentor
  • How I long for your precepts! Psalm 119:40
Off-Topic Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#30: September 07, 2021, 07:44:37 AM
I am sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace.

She was a great help to me in the beginning on this site - I never really followed her to her own site but I know that she helped many. We didn't always see eye to eye spiritually as she was from a different branch on the same tree. I know her faith was genuine and she did encourage me when mine was faltering.

I pray her family is comforted knowing that she gave of herself to many.
M 61
H 61
S 31
D 28
BD 13 Dec 2010
Divorced 27 Feb 2015 (30 years marriage)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

m
Re: Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#31: September 07, 2021, 08:00:38 AM
Thanks for posting this, it is indeed very sad news. I did not know her well, but did read her articles and found quite a bit of insight. She definitely had figured a lot from her and her husbands experience. I realized that religion was a big part of her belief and views, and as much as that was not my thing I still found a lot from her writing that resonated.

Like everyone else I feel sad both for her and her family and for the community as a whole. It is indeed a loss in many ways. And so young
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

• Administrator
#32: September 07, 2021, 08:58:18 AM
I realized that religion was a big part of her belief and views, and as much as that was not my thing I still found a lot from her writing that resonated.
Actually that is not true, she wrote from a very religous point of view however she was not religous in practice.

Which I understand is hard to believe but she did actually write about that from time to time.

• Mentor
Rest In Peace: When Someone Dies
#33: September 07, 2021, 09:21:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, OP. I'm especially saddened by how young HB was. You and I (XYZCF, Voyager, Kiki, California, Forthetrees, Stayed, Honour, Letting go, LearningIamOK, Crazystuff, JD, Movingforward,, Readytofixmyselffirst, and many others) go back to the early days of the forum with HB. She had a unique perspective and style and was helpful, and unflinchingly direct, in supporting me through some of the darkest days.
I wish her peace, and I wish healing for her family and I have gratitude for HB, and all of you, on my journey~
Phoenix
Married 24 years
Together 30
D (young adult now)
BD 2010
He is a vanisher
Divorced 2016

m
#34: September 07, 2021, 09:30:52 AM
I realized that religion was a big part of her belief and views, and as much as that was not my thing I still found a lot from her writing that resonated.
Actually that is not true, she wrote from a very religous point of view however she was not religous in practice.

Which I understand is hard to believe but she did actually write about that from time to time.

Thanks for clarifying, it was my incorrect assumption from her writing.
No Kids, 23 years at BD1 (4 years), married 21
First signs of MLC Jan '15
BD 1 Jan '17, BD 2 Mar, Separated Apr, BD 3 May,BD 4 Jun '18
First Sign of Waking up-Dec '17, First Cycle out of MLC Mar '18-Jun ‘18, Second cycle Jul '18-??
Meets OM Jan '17 and acts "in love," admits "in love" Jun '18, asks for divorce Jul '18

#35: September 07, 2021, 11:06:33 AM
Wow, really shocking. I didn't always resonate with her writing, but very early on I remember printing out her posts from here and just re-reading them over and over for comfort. Will always be grateful for that. Much love and prayers to her friends and family. So young.  :'(

• Mentor
#36: September 07, 2021, 12:20:57 PM
I never knew much about HB, or her writings (I think she left about the time I came here), only the few articles shared by RCR had on her site.  I honestly thought RCR's articles I related too better, for some reason, but I'm sure she helped many others.
(I joined I believe in 2013, bd was 2011)

However I did have one of HB's articles I saved, which to me made so much sense, after the initial shock, of course.

I'll share that with you.  Maybe it will help someone else.

https://thestagesandlessonsofmidlife.org/the-midlife-spouse-let-them-go/

Rest in peace, HB.
A quote from a recovered MLCer: 
"From my experience if my H had let me go a long time ago, and stop pressuring me, begging, and pleading and just let go I possibly would have experienced my awakening sooner than I did."

T
#37: September 07, 2021, 01:16:06 PM
Oh, goodness, how sad.  I had quite. bit of correspondence with her in the early days of the forum.  She always had something interesting to impart. She will be missed. 

#38: September 07, 2021, 03:54:25 PM
How sad to hear of HB. I was reading some of her articles only a few days ago.

I particularly always liked what she said along the lines of ‘Anyway how are you? How are you sleeping?’. It felt so caring when I needed it. I enjoyed a lot of what she wrote and appreciate her views as they made sense to me.

Her being so young is extra sad and I do worry about the extreme stress we are all under as LBS and MLCers.

RIP Hearts Blessings ‘Thank you for the musings
Married 15+ years with 2 children
BD1 - 2016
BD2 - 2017
BD3 - Sept 2019
MOW Mar 2016-Jan 2018
OW2 - Feb 2019, age 30
H left home Oct 2017 to stay with his parents
Bought a family Puppy mid 2018 - referred to as ‘P’

Link to advice by my mentor, Phoenix, on what to tell the children about H leaving - reply #33 (it had a glitch)
https://mlcforum.theherosspouse.com/index.php?topic=9313.30

• Mentor
  • Time is a Gift! 🎁
#39: September 07, 2021, 06:30:26 PM
Very saddened by this loss.  So sorry to her family and friends.  54 is so very young.
Survival Instructions for Newbies

The Apology Every LBS Deserves

My Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"Don't become a container for bitterness.  It's a toxin that destroys what it's carried in."

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.