Skip to main content

Author Topic: Off-Topic offwhitelily ... in memoriam

T
  • MLCer Type: Off-N-On
  • Off & On Contact; High-Energy Replyer
Off-Topic offwhitelily ... in memoriam
OP: May 13, 2020, 04:20:24 PM
For those of you who connected with offwhitelily; I just saw on FB that she passed away yesterday. No other information that I can find; she was only 52. Her obituary notification is on the funeral home website, but nothing more. It's been a while since I last saw her in person, but in the early days we would meet for coffee and support each other. I will miss her sense of humour and spunk :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:51:29 AM by OldPilot »
On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

YODA, Dark Rendezvous

N

Nas

• MLCer Type: Vanisher
offwhitelily
#1: May 13, 2020, 04:28:02 PM
Terrible news. I’m so sad to read this.
“The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.” ~Margaret Atwood

• Mentor
offwhitelily
#2: May 13, 2020, 04:51:59 PM
Thank you for letting us know ThirstyDuck. I had chatted with her on FB but had not for a while. So very very sad.  :'(
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

"You enrich my life and are a source of joy and consolation to me. But if I lose you, I will not, I must not spend the rest of my life in unhappiness."

" The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it". Flannery O'Connor

https://www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/chapter-contents.html

T
  • MLCer Type: Off-N-On
  • Off & On Contact; High-Energy Replyer
offwhitelily
#3: May 13, 2020, 05:23:30 PM
I just heard from a mutual friend that she had been battling cancer for quite some time. So sad.
On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.

YODA, Dark Rendezvous

Re: offwhitelily
#4: May 13, 2020, 05:34:43 PM
Oh no! Prayers for her family and all of you who were close to her.  :'(

nah

• His mlc...too bad for him
offwhitelily
#5: May 13, 2020, 06:30:58 PM
I saw that too.  :'(
H-55
me-53
ow-31
married 1986
BD April 6 2013 day after family went out for sons birthday.
I packed his bags two days later...semi-vanisher
https://heneversaidaword.com

• Mentor
  • You can't please everyone. You are NOT a pizza!
offwhitelily
#6: May 14, 2020, 12:30:53 AM
I'd been chatting with her for a bit, particularly prior to my choir trip to Dublin last fall. She had been undergoing chemo and radiation treatments for cancer for a while and was joking with me about her wig selection.

I saw the news this morning when I woke up....

Please keep her kids (1 D-13 and 1 S-11) and family close in their grieving....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:38:49 AM by UrsaMajor »
Me - 60, xW - 54
Together 19 years - Married 17 at separation & 21 at D-Day
S - 16, D - 12
1 Dog
BD#1 - August 2015
Atomic BD - 13 Dec 2015
House sold & separated - Mar 2016
Divorce final 30 August 2019
Moved on in life

Survival Instructions for Newbies
Site Map

A "friend" will not "stand by you" no matter what you do. That is NOT a friend. That is an enabler. That is an accomplice.
A REAL friend will sit you down and tell you to your face to stop being a firetrucking idiot before you ruin your life and the lives of those around you.

offwhitelily
#7: May 14, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
I didn't know offwhitelilly very well but we had exchanged some offline messages, the last just a couple of months ago. I knew about her breast cancer but her last message, entirely in character, was a positive one. I felt so angry about hearing that she had died, really angry bc she was a splendid kind of human. Sassy, funny, full of love for her young teenage kids, creative, optimistic, tough minded and tender hearted. She refinished furniture, played the guitar and laughed a lot at the ridiculousness of MLC. I admired her very much.

But i think offwhitelilly would not want me to be angry. I think she would hope that her wider family will step up for her young teenage kids and that her textbook MLC man child of a h will do better. I think she would want those of you with kids to hug them close and laugh often. I think she would want every single one of us, including me, to punch our inner sense of victim on the nose every time it pops up. I think she would want us to know in our bones that each one of us can make a better life if we step further away from these broken people.....and that we matter enough to do that. And that a bit of sassy humour is a fine ingredient for life.
T: 18  M: 12 (at BD) No kids.
H diagnosed with severe depression Oct 15. BD May 16. OW since April 16, maybe earlier. Silent vanisher mostly.
Divorced April 18. XH married ow 6 weeks later.

"Option A is not available so I need to kick the s**t out of Option B" Sheryl Sandberg

S
  • Mentor
  • Strength and honour are her clothing;
Re: offwhitelily
#8: May 14, 2020, 02:58:29 AM
I too learned of this via FB and am devastated at the news

OWL was a fantastic example of an LBS moving forward with her life and her ability to step back and see MLC and her MLCer for what he was.

She wrote so eloquently and powerfully that I was moved to use some of her phrases and vocabulary with my H and boy did they work.

She will be much missed and I cannot imagine the anguish her children must be going through.

I think she would want every single one of us, including me, to punch our inner sense of victim on the nose every time it pops up.
Couldn't have put it better myself Treasur and this applies not to just MLC but everytime we feel victim or hard done by in life.  I hope that all of us on here learn from her and all of us go back and look over her threads for she refused to play victim and she lived the life that she could with fortitude and grace.

RIP OWL - much love  xx
BD march 2013
Stay at home MLCer
OW for 3.5 years - finishing Autumn 2016
Reconnection started 2017.
Separated 2022 (my choice because he wanted to live alone) and yet fully reconnected seeing each other often.

• Administrator

Legal Disclaimer

The information contained within The Hero's Spouse website family (www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com, http://theherosspouse.com and associated subdomains), (collectively 'website') is provided as general information and is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal, medical or mental health advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. The Hero's Spouse cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a trained medical or mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. The Hero's Spouse recommends that you consult a legal professional for specific legal advice.

Any information, stories, examples, articles, or testimonials on this website do not constitute a guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual situation. Reading and/or posting at this website does not constitute a professional relationship between you and the website author, volunteer moderators or mentors or other community members. The moderators and mentors are peer-volunteers, and not functioning in a professional capacity and are therefore offering support and advice based solely upon their own experience and not upon legal, medical, or mental health training.